Question #13: Will McKelvin be a regular returner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Question #13: Will McKelvin be a regular returner?

He had an NCAA record eight returns for touchdowns in his college career (7 punts, 1 kickoff). When he was finished at Troy he had more return yards than any player in NCAA annals. An NFL rookie with that kind of resume would be considered a shoe-in to return kicks or punts. But in the NFL the Bills are the exception.

With Terrence McGee and Roscoe Parrish giving NFL coverage units fits each and every Sunday, Buffalo arguably has the best kick-punt return combination in the league. McGee is a Pro Bowl returner who is one of just 10 players in league history with five career kickoff returns for touchdowns including last year's 103-yard run to pay dirt against the Cowboys.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Question #13: Will McKelvin be a regular returner?

I sure do hope so.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Answer
      The Plagiarist
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by The Spaz
      He had an NCAA record eight returns for touchdowns in his college career (7 punts, 1 kickoff). When he was finished at Troy he had more return yards than any player in NCAA annals. An NFL rookie with that kind of resume would be considered a shoe-in to return kicks or punts. But in the NFL the Bills are the exception.

With Terrence McGee and Roscoe Parrish giving NFL coverage units fits each and every Sunday, Buffalo arguably has the best kick-punt return combination in the league. McGee is a Pro Bowl returner who is one of just 10 players in league history with five career kickoff returns for touchdowns including last year's 103-yard run to pay dirt against the Cowboys.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6201
      McGee is getting older and he is supposed to be our 'premier' cornerback so I don't see why we should be risking him to injury anyway.

McKelvin is a beast and has been compared to Devin Hester as a return man and that is part of the reason he was graded as the best overall DB by a majority of the scouting world.

I'm sure he'll get his chance.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

I say we put them both back there and give our opponent's pain.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

If McKelvin was the full time CB over McGee, then McGee would return kickoffs and Parrish would return punts.

That would be a problem 31 other teams could only dream of.

Bottom line - we're LOADED in the return game.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• dasaybz
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by The Answer
            McGee is getting older and he is supposed to be our 'premier' cornerback so I don't see why we should be risking him to injury anyway.

McKelvin is a beast and has been compared to Devin Hester as a return man and that is part of the reason he was graded as the best overall DB by a majority of the scouting world.

I'm sure he'll get his chance.

~The Answer
            You risk him because he is a ****ing beast.

He's the most underrated return man in NFL history.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by The Answer
              McGee is getting older
              He's only 27. Plus he may be the CB that gets replaced, instead of Greer.

We'll watch camp and see what happenes. Our return game is the least of our worries. It's the other players on ST's that need to do their jobs.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
              X