PDA

View Full Version : Bills might move? Huh?

X-Era
07-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Heres a link saying that the Lions are having a tough time selling tickets. Yet our games are almost all sold out. Last year we both finished 7-9. Detroit is a big city and we are a small market. Yet, the Lions are the ones having trouble selling tickets, not us.

Maybe the term "small market" is nothing more than a phrase to use when your convinced the sky is falling.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080707/OPINION03/807070332/1126/SPORTS0101

SABuffalo786
07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Big difference: Detroit has huge industries to buy up corporate suites and the like. We don't.

Nighthawk
07-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Buffalo is small market because many people of power in this city are small minded.

more cowbell
07-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Buffalo is small market because many people of power in this city are small minded.

couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm not even FROM Buffalo, I'm from Rochester and I know that Buffalo isnt as bad as some people make it out to be...

raphael120
07-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Anyone catch that video of the Erie Canal Harbor grand opening ceremony? All the politicians there patting themselves on the back...wish I was there so I could throw up because of all the bull**** in the air.

SabreEleven
07-07-2008, 09:11 PM
All the politicians and bigwigs all are worried what it is in it for themselves...they could give a **** about Buffalo.

hydro
07-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Not sure how much longer it is going to take for everyone to realize we can sell out every game for the rest of eternity. It won't, in itself, help the Bills stay in Buffalo.

Although having a half packed house would seal the envelope for us, so we have to keep packing the Ralph.

Dr. Pepper
07-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Anyone catch that video of the Erie Canal Harbor grand opening ceremony? All the politicians there patting themselves on the back...wish I was there so I could throw up because of all the bull**** in the air.

true, it's pretty nauseating but at least we're finally seeing some progress in the area. I'll let the politicians glorify themselves if they actually improve downtown.

yordad
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
If the Bills don't make money, how did Ralph end up a Billionaire?

OpIv37
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Heres a link saying that the Lions are having a tough time selling tickets. Yet our games are almost all sold out. Last year we both finished 7-9. Detroit is a big city and we are a small market. Yet, the Lions are the ones having trouble selling tickets, not us.

Maybe the term "small market" is nothing more than a phrase to use when your convinced the sky is falling.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080707/OPINION03/807070332/1126/SPORTS0101

as someone said- it's not general ticket sales that make all the revenue, it's the luxury boxes. And Buffalo doesn't have the large corporations to shell out for luxury boxes like other major cities.

And Toronto would sell more tickets than Detroit. Detroit's a terrible example because that team's been mismanaged worse than the Bills have been.

X-Era
07-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Big difference: Detroit has huge industries to buy up corporate suites and the like. We don't.

And they are not buying them up and ours are being or are sold

X-Era
07-08-2008, 06:27 AM
as someone said- it's not general ticket sales that make all the revenue, it's the luxury boxes. And Buffalo doesn't have the large corporations to shell out for luxury boxes like other major cities.

And Toronto would sell more tickets than Detroit. Detroit's a terrible example because that team's been mismanaged worse than the Bills have been.
To the best of my knowledge we are selling more tickets than them on ALL levels. And now your saying Detroit has been badly mismanaged. Yet no one says they could lose their team.

Im becoming convinced that this issue is a non-existant one.

The real issue is what happens to the Bills when Ralph dies. But that can happen to any team. The dissimilarity would be that larger markets have more people with the funds to buy a team.

trapezeus
07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Detriots big companies are struggling mightily. i'm sure the Ford's would entertain thoughts of selling the lions if the right price came along.

Detroit has homes sellling for cheaper than cars right now. GM and Ford both have to get off of SUV for their sales leaders because people are ditching them. and they don't have the cash to properly R&D top line enviromental cars. If they can shed jobs to save some cash, i'd hope they'd shed the 2 or 3 boxes they have.

Typ0
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
To the best of my knowledge we are selling more tickets than them on ALL levels. And now your saying Detroit has been badly mismanaged. Yet no one says they could lose their team.

Im becoming convinced that this issue is a non-existant one.

The real issue is what happens to the Bills when Ralph dies. But that can happen to any team. The dissimilarity would be that larger markets have more people with the funds to buy a team.

that is the real issue since he said it was going to sell to the highest bidder...what people can't get their heads around is that the team is worth more somewhere else and since that's true the highest bidder likely will be from somewhere else because people in this market can't afford to pay that high price because the return won't be there.

SABuffalo786
07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
And they are not buying them up and ours are being or are sold

I'd like to see some numbers on that.

Aren't we only at like 50 percent capacity for our suites?

blackonyx89
07-08-2008, 12:56 PM

This city's 25 years behind politically and developmentally behind!!!:fit:

DynaPaul
07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
as someone said- it's not general ticket sales that make all the revenue, it's the luxury boxes.

I don't know if I believe that. Sure, I'm not doubting that those boxes cost a lot to hold and generate a good chunk of revenue. But think about it... if you sold all the box seats and had a virtually empty stadium in the regular seats how much revenue would you be generating then? I still think that regular seats are more important than the box seats. The people in the regular seats are generating a lot of revenue in the concession and merchandise stands plus they are the fans.

To me, Detroit should be more worried about moving then we should if the world made sense. I can't see how a team can have such a poor fanbase for so long yet stay in their city. Buffalo on the other hand has always had a rabid fanbase and sold out games yet we're the ones worrying about our team?

This must be bizarro world!