PDA

View Full Version : Everett throws a tee party

Philagape
07-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Cover Story: Former Bills tight end gathers sports luminaries on golf course to raise funds for his foundation’s work with spinal cord research

Everett throws a tee party

by David Briggs -- News Sports Reporter

Jerome Bettis lofted his putter and pointed a few feet right of a hole some 20 feet away on the sloping practice green at Brierwood Country Club in Hamburg.

“I should be aiming way over there,” he told his friend.

Then, as the retired Pittsburgh Steelers running back struck the ball, Kevin Everett tilted his head and tried to will his buddy’s ball home.

“I see it, I see it, I see it,” Everett said, laughing.

Everett, the former Bills tight end who suffered a spinal cord injury last September that initially left him paralyzed, was unable to play in the inaugural Kevin Everett Golf Classic on Monday.

But those lessons from Bettis, former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly and the other sports stars golfing in the fundraiser for spinal cord research were not lost on him.

“Later on down the line, hopefully one year I’ll be able to be out there,” Everett said.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/387483.html

Jan Reimers
07-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Not a single current Bills' player attended? Pathetic.

VeggieMan14
07-08-2008, 09:47 AM
were crumpets involved?

Michael82
07-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah it is pretty pathetic! :ill:

DrGraves
07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
good for everett!

OpIv37
07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
a "tee party"?

Way to make a bunch of tough guy athletes playing a sport for a charitable cause sound like some nancy old money pasty British guys daintily holding teacups between their thumb and index finger.

yordad
07-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Not a single current Bills' player attended? Pathetic.Man, I am pissed! What an embarrassment. He had the friggin thing in Hamburg for Crist sakes.

These types of things don't usually bother me, but that just screams "I am a superficial, two faced, arce hole" about every single Bills player. The only excuses are the rookies, who may have never met the man, but even still.

Where the hell is Langston Walker now? Anyone notice how pumped he was for the Camera before our Sunday night game against the Pats after Everett's "Lets beat the Pats" speech?

Pathetic is right!

Jan Reimers
07-10-2008, 07:23 AM
a "tee party"?

Way to make a bunch of tough guy athletes playing a sport for a charitable cause sound like some nancy old money pasty British guys daintily holding teacups between their thumb and index finger.
Tee, not tea.

OpIv37
07-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Tee, not tea.

I understand the pun, but regardless of the spelling of "tee", the term "tea party/tee party" still brings up images of snobby British people eating crumpets in a garden.

Michael82
07-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I understand the pun, but regardless of the spelling of "tee", the term "tea party/tee party" still brings up images of snobby British people eating crumpets in a garden.
Are you *****ing again? :shocked:

One of these days, you are going to be pumped up about everything and will love life. You will be in a good mood and let everything bad just rub off your shoulder and then you won't complain about a single day. The day that happens, the world will end. :snicker:

Dr. Lecter
07-10-2008, 08:41 AM

Very disappointing. While I understand that for some players this is there last chance to spend time with family that is out of town, you would think somebody could have flown up for a day or two for this. Or that somebody is currently in town. Even if you don't play, show up for moral support.

Dr. Lecter
07-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Are you *****ing again? :shocked:

One of these days, you are going to be pumped up about everything and will love life. You will be in a good mood and let everything bad just rub off your shoulder and then you won't complain about a single day. The day that happens, the world will end. :snicker:

It will also be the day you don't over-react about something.

Michael82
07-10-2008, 08:48 AM
It will also be the day you don't over-react about something.
I don't over-react. I just jump to conclusions and get angry before knowing all the facts. :ontome: