• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Steve Johnson signed!

Per Vtext.

Bills sign wide receiver Johnson

Buffalo has half of their draft class under contract as seventh-round pick Steve Johnson signed with the club on Tuesday. The wide receiver was the second of three seventh-round selections by the Bills. With the signing the Bills now have all three seventh-round picks signed. Demetrius Bell signed last week and Kennard Cox signed last month.
    Johnson had a relatively steady spring for a late round rookie in Buffalo's OTA and minicamp workouts. Blessed with a pro body already (6'2" 202), Johnson is expected to compete for the fifth and possibly final receiver role on Buffalo's roster later this summer. But he's taking nothing for granted.
    "The seventh round seems like a free agent so of course I feel I have to make any play because there's no room for mistakes or anything," said Johnson. "So there's pressure, but it's no different than college or high school."
    Johnson stepped up big in his final collegiate season at Kentucky as he became the fourth receiver in school history to post over 1,000 yards (1,041) and also scored 13 touchdowns.
    Three of Johnson's scores were game winners including a waning-moment score in a comeback win over Louisville, a triple overtime game winner over top ranked LSU and a fourth quarter winner over Florida State in the Music City Bowl.

• Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Steve Johnson signed!

cool.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by madness
      Per Vtext.

Buffalo has half of their draft class under contract as seventh-round pick Steve Johnson signed with the club on Tuesday. The wide receiver was the second of three seventh-round selections by the Bills. With the signing the Bills now have all three seventh-round picks signed. Demetrius Bell signed last week and Kennard Cox signed last month.
      Johnson had a relatively steady spring for a late round rookie in Buffalo's OTA and minicamp workouts. Blessed with a pro body already (6'2" 202), Johnson is expected to compete for the fifth and possibly final receiver role on Buffalo's roster later this summer. But he's taking nothing for granted.
      "The seventh round seems like a free agent so of course I feel I have to make any play because there's no room for mistakes or anything," said Johnson. "So there's pressure, but it's no different than college or high school."
      Johnson stepped up big in his final collegiate season at Kentucky as he became the fourth receiver in school history to post over 1,000 yards (1,041) and also scored 13 touchdowns.
      Three of Johnson's scores were game winners including a waning-moment score in a comeback win over Louisville, a triple overtime game winner over top ranked LSU and a fourth quarter winner over Florida State in the Music City Bowl.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6202
      That's a long text message.

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

I'd like to see him make the team.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

He has red dreads now just like Lynch...

def needs to change his number though...13 looks horrid on a WR

(Forrest Gump) "That's all I have to say about that."
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
            • Aug 2005

I actually like the lower numbers on the wideouts. I was hoping Hardy would do that.
            SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Italian Stallion
              Knows More Than You
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
              I actually like the lower numbers on the wideouts. I was hoping Hardy would do that.
              Really? Well there's some that look cool...11, 17,19 imo

but 10-16 and 18 look like QB or kicker numbers...

stupid i know..but 10 (like on santonio holmes or desean jackson) just doesnt look right to me
              BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Yay?

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

The quiker we get all of these guys done the quicker we can get
                  Lee and the others done....in that order.

QUOTE=madness]Per Vtext.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6202[/QUOTE]
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    That's a long text message.

Comment

• The Answer
                      The Plagiarist
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dujek
                      I'd like to see him make the team.
                      I think he will not only make the team, but crack his way into the lineup by midseason.

~The Answer

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

best wr in the league. maybe in history.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

rotoworld just listed this signing also, though I think they are promoting him quite a bit too much:

Bills signed seventh-round WR Steve Johnson to a multi-year contract.
                          Both from physical and in-college production standpoints, it's difficult to comprehend why so many teams let Johnson fall to round seven. He was also impressive in minicamp season, and if Johnson keeps it up deep into the summer, he could push fellow rookie James Hardy for snaps opposite Lee Evans.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Can Johnson crack WR lineup?

Today
                            Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:01 PM ET | Link

CAN JOHNSON CRACK WR LINEUP?: I think a lot of fans are assuming Johnson is a lock to make the 53-man roster. Personally I see it being one of the more interesting training camp battles. I like Johnson's potential a lot. He's a big body that can play physical if necessary and make tough catches over the middle.
                            But in a year where the offense needs to take a giant step forward I can't see the offensive staff plugging two rookies (Hardy, Johnson) into regular roles.
                            In addition I think Johnson will have to prove himself on special teams as much as offense because Justin Jenkins was an accomplished cover teams player. He was the gunner opposite John Wendling on punt coverage and those two excelled and helped the unit finish first in the league.
                            Jenkins impressed me in the last preseason game at Detroit last year where he was taking lick after lick over the middle and kept making catches. He's technically Josh Reed's backup since he's a similar type receiver, compact, strong, possession type.
                            Again I like Johnson, but if this team keeps just 5 wideouts he's going to be battling to make the team with Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy ahead of him and Jenkins to battle with. What do you think?

Comment

• The Answer
                              The Plagiarist
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              rotoworld just listed this signing also, though I think they are promoting him quite a bit too much:
                              No they are spot on - this guy was a steal and should at worst be a #4 receiver in this league. In fact I would not be surprised at all if he takes reps away from Parrish/Reed by midseason.

Not saying he will end up being another Marques Colston type - but he definitely flew under the radar because he only had one prodcutive season at Kentucky, but then again so do a lot of other college prospects that get drafted in the 1st or 2nd round based on one good season.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X