PDA

View Full Version : Our top 2 picks

Confused
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I think both of them will hold out til mid-camp. any takers?

Mr. Miyagi
07-08-2008, 11:07 AM
No. They'll sign.

gr8slayer
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
They better not freaking hold out. This FO needs to get them locked up in the next couple of weeks; we can't afford to have *******s holding out on us.

Confused
even our self proclaimed king of character Donte Whitner held out for quite a while.

gr8slayer
even our self proclaimed king of character Donte Whitner held out for quite a while.
:lol:

historypete
07-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Hardy will be in camp on time. Probably will have his deal done a day or two before camp opens.

I think McKelvin will be holding out the first couple of days.

Confused
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Lets hope they sign. Hardy needs as many snaps as he can get to be able to step into the no.2
Leodis Mckelvin will be fine as long as he holds out for no longer than the 1st week.

patmoran2006
07-08-2008, 11:27 AM
hardy will sign before camp. Leodis.. Not so sure.

The Answer
07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I think both of them will hold out til mid-camp. any takers?

It's possible for McKelvin since he was a top 15 pick, but I doubt Hardy will kick up any fuss considering his off the field issues already - he'd have to be pretty stupid to hold out.

~The Answer

Confused
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I dont think his off field issues mean anything to anyone besides dip****s on message boards,with nothing else to talk about. He was never charged with anything so all"issues" should be considered "perceived".Furthermore, I highly doubt Hardy or his agent think he has "issues" that would prevent him from getting paid more or less. I could be wrong(answer).

yordad
07-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I think both of them will hold out til mid-camp. any takers?"any takers?" What does that even mean?

Novacane
07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
2nd rounders don't hold out. They are pretty much slotted at what they're gonna get.

Confused
07-08-2008, 04:40 PM
"any takers?" What does that even mean?

i'm spoiling for an arguement. isnt that what we do on these silly little boards?

DrGraves
07-08-2008, 04:50 PM
mckelvin will be in camp on day one. he has his head on straight and knows what is best for the team.

yordad
07-08-2008, 04:55 PM
i'm spoiling for an arguement. isnt that what we do on these silly little boards?Oh I gottcha. I thought you were trying to make a wager.

I don't think both of them will hold out til mid-camp. But, it is kind of hard to prove right now. Maybe we could argue about something else. This is kind of just a yay or nah thing. :-)

patmoran2006
07-08-2008, 09:06 PM
2nd rounders don't hold out. They are pretty much slotted at what they're gonna get.
Usually yes, but not always. The potential problem is length of the deal as opposed to dollars. Someone who is drafted at a position where he's expected to come in and start immediately, is more likely to want a shorter deal so he can become a free agent and get paid quicker.

I dont think Hardy will be a problem though.

SABURZFAN
07-09-2008, 12:31 AM
It's possible for McKelvin since he was a top 15 pick, but I doubt Hardy will kick up any fuss considering his off the field issues already - he'd have to be pretty stupid to hold out.

~The Answer

it wouldn't surprise if Hardy holds a gun to Bills managements head and demand 1st Round money.

Night Train
07-09-2008, 05:32 AM
it wouldn't surprise if Hardy holds a gun to Bills managements head and demand 1st Round money.

No pun intended.

Ickybaluky
07-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Hardy will harder to sign than McKelvin.

With the CBA opt out, the high 2nd rounders will be harder to sign. In past years, the high second round picks were signed with guarantees in the 4th year of the deal. With there being no CBA in 2011, this isn't possible. This means teams are going to have a harder time matching terms of past years deals. Matt Forte is the highest 2nd-round pick to sign.

Teams will work it out, but it is just going to be harder to negotiate this year. With the high picks all signed, I don't think the first round picks will be hard to get in. Ultimately, I still would expect players to sign and get to camp, but there probably will be a few more holdouts.

OpIv37
07-09-2008, 07:07 AM
the whole system is broken.

No one wants to be the first to sign and set the benchmark, so everyone waits, and the end result is that everyone's first rounders miss some camp time while they're waiting for other teams to establish basic contract parameters. This isn't such a big deal for teams like the Bills of the 90's or teams like the Patriots, Colts and Cowboys of today because their starting lineup is established going into the season. But for teams like the Bills that depend on rookies to start or get significant playing time, it's a setback.

The new CBA desperately needs a rookie cap like the NBA and NHL have.