PDA

View Full Version : My re-guess on this years complete roster and depth

yordad
07-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I really don't know if any of this is ground breaking. Some of us talk this inside and out everyday. Some are more casual in their fanhood. Either way, we all have little discrepancies here and there over who we think will start, or who will make the team. You can't possibly agree with the entire piece, so feel free to tell me what you think will be different. I'm putting a lot out there for you to have an opinion on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Moorman
----------------------------------------------- Omon--------------------------------- Lindell
------------------------------------------------Wright
------------------------------------------------Jackson
------------------------------------------------Lynch
----------------------------------------------------------Barnes
------------------------------------------------Hamdan
-------------------------------------------------- JP
Jenkins-----------Fine--------------------------Edwards---------------------------------Johnson
Reed ---------Schouman----- Felton-----Whittle--------------Preston -----Chambers ------Parrish Hardy -----------Royal--- ----Walker ----Butler ----Fowler ---Dockery -----Peters--------- Evans

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

McGee --------------Kelsey---------- Stroud -----------Williams ------Schobel -------Greer
McKelvin------------ Denney--------- Johnson----------McCargo -------Ellis-----------James
Youboty---------------------------------------------------------------Neill
-----------------------Crowell ------------------Poz -----------Mitchell
------------------------------------------------Digi------------Ellison
----------------------------------------------------------------Bowen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------Whitner
------------------------------Simpson -----------------------------Wendling
--------------------------------Wilson

Courtney Anderson will be cut but only becasue the Bills don't think they can sneak Fine onto the practice squad (he will spend most of the year inactive unless he shines on ST). Barnes beats out Evans at FB. Schouman is Barnes (if he is injured) and Royal's backup, and will get work on passing downs at FB. Felton gets the nod at backup tackle (lesser of evils, but he was actually very good in college). Preston's versatility gives him another year. Gez, that o-line is thin. Bell will hit the practice squad.

Wright/Omon. Omon/Wright. One will be third. Hopefully neither touches the field at RB. Whoever is better at STs will suit up as the third option.

Jenkins and Johnson (WRs) maybe a stretch, but I think Jenkins stays on as a STs ace.

We only take 5 CBs into the year because we can stash Corner, Cox, and Fox on the practice squad. There they will get some reps, and be available if there is an injury. At some point, McKelvin will likely start over Greer, but he ain't going down without a fight. And, it might not even happen til next year. Either way, when McKelvin comes out in the nickel package, Greer or McGee will cover the slot and Simpson will slide toward McKelvin a little. Might as well groom McKelvin where you plan to play him once he is groomed.

The Bills have Bowen listed behind Crowell. But I just don't see that happening. If Crowell goes down, we will be in a lot of trouble, But I see us moving Poz over and putting Digi in the middle before we ever put the rookie in. Bowen will also contribute heavily on STs.

I put Williams over McCargo tentatively. I think it will start the year 50/50 with whoever produces more getting more snaps as the season wears on. I never watched Johnson, but I would be surprised if he starts. Although I think Williams starts going into the season, I predict McCargo will inch ahead at some point.

Some people think Wilson will start over Simpson. I don't think so. I think the closer race will be Wendling and Scott for the backup strong. I give Wendling a tiny step because he contributes more on STs and he was drafted by the Bills.

Neill stays on as a long snapper and emergency DE even though he isn't even currently on the depth chart.

And, unless I counted wrong, that leaves me with one more player. Someone will come out of left field. There is always one guy that does that. Unless you count Felton as that guy, then maybe we keep Jefferson (DT), or Gaddis (OL). Actually I am probably forgetting at least one person, a little help please.

If anyone is interested in my first guess (which was fairly wrong).....
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=143748

Yasgur's Farm
07-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Offense...

1- Losman
2- Edwards
3- Evans
4- Hardy
5- Reed
6- Parrish
7- Johnson
8- Jenkins
9- Lynch
10- Jackson
11- Wright
12- Omon
13- Royal
14- Anderson
15- Fine
16- Schouman
17- Peters
18- Dockery
19- Fowler
20- Butler
21- Walker
22- Whittle
23- Preston
24- Chambers
25- Bell

Yasgur's Farm
07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Defense...

1- Posluszny
2- Crowell
3- Mitchell
4- DiGiorgio
5- Bowen
6- Ellison
7- McGee
8- McKelvin
9- James
10- Greer
11- Corner
13- Whitner
14- Simpson
15- Scott
16- Wilson
17- Wendling
18- Stroud
19- McCargo
20- Schobel
21- Kelsay
22- Williams
23- Johnson
24- Ellis
25- Denney

Yasgur's Farm
07-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Special Teams...

1- Moorman
2- Lindell
3- Neill

yordad
07-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Offense...

1- Losman
2- Edwards
3- Evans
4- Hardy
5- Reed
6- Parrish
7- Johnson
8- Jenkins
9- Lynch
10- Jackson
11- Wright
12- Omon
13- Royal
14- Anderson
15- Fine
16- Schouman
17- Peters
18- Dockery
19- Fowler
20- Butler
21- Walker
22- Whittle
23- Preston
24- Chambers
25- BellI kept Hamden instead of Anderson, and Felton over Bell, but it could go either way. I just think we won't risk losing Hamden for good with JP leaving after the season. And I think Bell might have more upside then Felton, but Felton might be more pro-ready (having more experience) and Felton has been working on the right side where we need a Walker backup.

yordad
07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Defense...

1- Posluszny
2- Crowell
3- Mitchell
4- DiGiorgio
5- Bowen
6- Ellis
7- McGee
8- McKelvin
9- Smith
10- Greer
11- Corner
13- Whitner
14- Simpson
15- Scott
16- Wilson
17- Wendling
18- Stroud
19- McCargo
20- Schobel
21- Kelsay
22- Williams
23- Johnson
24- Ellis
25- DenneyBy "Smith" you must mean James. And Corner over Youboty would be a small upset, but possible. You have Ellison getting cut? I wouldn't be shocked, but that would leave us with as many safeties as LBs. I think Scott is good, but more expendable then Ellison. Oh, never mind, you have "Ellis" twice. Scott taking the last roster spot wouldn't surprise me. But, I think the Bills will rely more heavily on rotating the DTs more then safeties, so I think a 5th DT is more likely.

Man, we are pretty similar. I thought it was less obvious. Maybe this would be more beneficial to the less then avid (casual) fan.

patmoran2006
07-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Going by that very hard to understand chart.. The only thing at THIS moment that stands out in my mind is how f'n ****ty our OL depth is.. That's terrible. We better pray for a healthy starting OL all year or it could get real ugly.

yordad
07-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Going by that very hard to understand chart.. The only thing at THIS moment that stands out in my mind is how f'n ****ty our OL depth is.. That's terrible. We better pray for a healthy starting OL all year or it could get real ugly.
The players are on the position of the "field" I think they are most likely to see action, and the farther away from the line of scrimmage they are, the deeper they are on the depth chart.

Yeah, that o-line looks treacherous.

Edit: Does the chart look more understandable now?

Oaf
07-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Barnes, Fowler, and to an extent, Royal disgust me. I really hope we brought Evans along on the PS last year for a reason. I just can't stand to see use a Jets and Miami reject as a starter. Fowler is among the worst at center, and Royal can block, but lacks consistency and explosiveness as a receiver. I also say Corner beats Youboty for a spot and Youboty is either cut, traded for a 5th, or forces Jenkins off the roster.

Overall, I'd say looks to be an mediocre offense (18th ranked), and respectable defense (10th overall).

Yasgur's Farm
07-10-2008, 06:00 AM
By "Smith" you must mean James. And Corner over Youboty would be a small upset, but possible. You have Ellison getting cut? I wouldn't be shocked, but that would leave us with as many safeties as LBs. I think Scott is good, but more expendable then Ellison. Oh, never mind, you have "Ellis" twice. Scott taking the last roster spot wouldn't surprise me. But, I think the Bills will rely more heavily on rotating the DTs more then safeties, so I think a 5th DT is more likely.

Man, we are pretty similar. I thought it was less obvious. Maybe this would be more beneficial to the less then avid (casual) fan.LOL... Edited. Wednesday's are my vodka evenings.

X-Era
07-10-2008, 06:49 AM
WR- Hardy, Reed, Johnson
TE- Royal, Schouman, Fine
RT- Walker, Chambers
RG- Butler, Whittle
C- Fowler, Preston
LG- Dockery, Preston
LT- Peters, Bell
WR- Evans, Parrish, Jenkins
QB- Edwards, Losman, Hamdan
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB- Barnes, Wright

DE- Schobel, Ellis
DT- Stroud, McCargo
DT- Williams, Johnson
DE- Kelsay, Denney
LB- Crowell, Bowen
LB- Poz, DiGiorgio
LB- Mitchell, Ellison
CB- McGee, McKelvin, Corner
FS- Simpson, Wilson
SS- Whitner, Wendling
CB- Greer, James, Cox

K- Lindell
P- Moorman

52, 1 spot still open

yordad
07-10-2008, 09:06 AM
WR- Hardy, Reed, Johnson
TE- Royal, Schouman, Fine
RT- Walker, Chambers
RG- Butler, Whittle
C- Fowler, Preston
LG- Dockery, Preston
LT- Peters, Bell
WR- Evans, Parrish, Jenkins
QB- Edwards, Losman, Hamdan
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB- Barnes, Wright

DE- Schobel, Ellis
DT- Stroud, McCargo
DT- Williams, Johnson
DE- Kelsay, Denney
LB- Crowell, Bowen
LB- Poz, DiGiorgio
LB- Mitchell, Ellison
CB- McGee, McKelvin, Corner
FS- Simpson, Wilson
SS- Whitner, Wendling
CB- Greer, James, Cox

K- Lindell
P- Moorman

52, 1 spot still openI don't believe you have a long snapper. Neill (DE) is the guy they had do it last year. Although I read Evans (FB) was doing some LS too. Can Preston LS?