PDA

View Full Version : RF365: Bills’ Mitchell could change for the better

The Answer
07-10-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/11954

Bills’ Mitchell could change for the better

Thursday, July 10, 2008 | Posted by Anthony Bialy

Kawika’s a chameleon. One of the Buffalo Bills’ celebrated defensive additions this offseason, Mitchell is hoping to use his adaptability to enhance a linebacker unit that was already capable before he got to town. At the same time, he has to kill whispers that he may have benefited from being a small sprocket in a tirelessly churning engine as a New York Giant; the opportunity to establish himself as an individual is there for him to grasp as a prominent new member of a promising group.

While he automatically won the weakside linebacker starting job the moment he signed with the Bills, it’s important to remember that it’s still a relatively new position to Mitchell -- who played middle linebacker in his first four years in the league as a Kansas City Chief and only shifted to his right last year for the Giants. In that respect, Mitchell could still be in the midst of a probationary learning period, which is especially nice considering he earned a ring in the meantime...........

~The Answer

Night Train
07-10-2008, 10:50 AM
He was a decent MLB with KC who thrived in his 1st year at OLB with the Giants. The film didn't lie. This guy played huge all year.

His contract was very cheap, so I see him as a low risk gamble. Supposedly his work ethic is exceptional. Sharp signing, IMO.

The Answer
07-10-2008, 11:12 AM
He was a decent MLB with KC who thrived in his 1st year at OLB with the Giants. The film didn't lie. This guy played huge all year.

His contract was very cheap, so I see him as a low risk gamble. Supposedly his work ethic is exceptional. Sharp signing, IMO.

This was the most under the radar signing in the entire league this offseason.

Mitchell is a young beast just entering his prime and he is a massive upgrade over Ellison.

Mitchell/Stroud might just have the same type of impact that The Keg Sam Adams/Spikes had when we signed them in 2003.

~The Answer

ParanoidAndroid
07-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Better than Posey was, better than Ellison is and better than still having Wire out there. Hopefully Stroud is ready to play at a high level because he is the guy who could make our whole front 7 better.

dasaybz
07-10-2008, 11:41 AM
This was the most under the radar signing in the entire league this offseason.

Mitchell is a young beast just entering his prime and he is a massive upgrade over Ellison.

Mitchell/Stroud might just have the same type of impact that The Keg Sam Adams/Spikes had when we signed them in 2003.

~The Answer

Good post man.

He really caught my eye a bunch of times last year when watching the Giants.

He hits like a wrecking ball. Solid tackler for sure. Not so good in coverage, but that's why we got Poz and Crow right?

streetkings01
07-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm not as confident about him as many of you are. I just have this feeling he will give us next to nothing for the next 2 seasons. Kinda like a Posey or Tripplett signing if you ask me.

mybills
07-10-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm not as confident about him as many of you are. I just have this feeling he will give us next to nothing for the next 2 seasons. Kinda like a Posey or Tripplett signing if you ask me.
Op, is that you? :D

j/k

I think he's a great sign..this team is gonna have a say in the PO's this year!

DrGraves
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
no this guy is legit, no worries at all.

PECKERWOOD
07-10-2008, 03:10 PM

I agree, I think that he will be a slightly above average player but still a huge upgrade over Ellison and an even bigger upgrade when it comes to stopping the run. I do feel bad for the people that treat him as if he is going to be a perennial pro-bowler, though.

dasaybz
07-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Pro bowler? No
Solid tackler that doesn't have too many brainfarts? Yes

venis2k1
07-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Still would have liked Dan Connor over Chris Ellis in the third round.

shotgun
07-10-2008, 11:10 PM
he will be a beast