PDA

View Full Version : YUCK! new Bills logo?! Please say it ain't so!

shadowfax
04-23-2003, 10:22 AM
I'm hoping someone in the know is gonna tell me, don't worry...that's just a secondary logo they're using to boost sales. I remember this logo. It sucks. Someone over at the stadium wall posted this. JJAMES? can you calm me down?

http://www.fezam.com/new_bills_logo1.jpg

Michael82
04-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Oh God! They brought it back!??!?! EEK

:puke:

Valerie
04-23-2003, 10:30 AM
That is horrible!:down: Isn't that Buffalo the one the Sabres use?

Michael82
04-23-2003, 10:33 AM
I remember this from last year. We were all worried that they were going to change the logo on our helmet. Please say it ain't so. :pray:

The hat doesn't look too bad, but would look much sharper if it had the charging buffalo. :D

Schobel94
04-23-2003, 10:34 AM
As long as they don't wear that at any games I don't care. They could have a buffalo giving a thumbs up for all I care, only stupid people buy that crap.

Michael82
04-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Here it is.....:puke:

http://www.fezam.com/new_bills_logo1.jpg

Ebenezer
04-23-2003, 10:36 AM
man, that will suck

Romes
04-23-2003, 10:38 AM
:lastyr:

I thought that was a just a bad rumor.

Aero II
04-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Last year, I was given a new bills hat with that same logo on it. I was shocked to see it in production. The hat was more of an XFL design with blue crossing over the brim, and up the front of the hat with "BILLS" stitched over the remaining white panels. I think that someone made it based on the artwork that was floating around at one of those computer run stitchers that you see at the mall. There wasn't an NFL logo anywhere on it.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Wow. Someone has absolutely no talent in design. :down:

Ð
04-23-2003, 11:43 AM
The lawn chair is nice

justasportsfan
04-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Wow. Someone has absolutely no talent in design. :down:

What's worse is the one who will approve it.

Billsouth
04-23-2003, 11:46 AM
i do think we need a new logo. at a minimum we need to make the current logo a little smaller. it was so big that the american flag had to be placed over part of the buffalo.

Earthquake Enyart
04-23-2003, 11:49 AM
I like it. :up:

I've always hated stripey. :eek:

Wait until they put that baby on a mesh hat! :snicker:

Schobel94
04-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Surtain is spreading propoganda at finheaven, this will NOT be the bills new logo, it is not even a possibility. We are not looking for a new logo, why would they have released it before telling us about a new logo, and the fact it is just a stupid thing that goes on a hat.

JJamezz
04-23-2003, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, it's just a secondary logo as was mentioned.. I highly doubt it will ever appear anywhere on the uniform, so the only place we should see it is on merchandise - maybe even just that hat.

This is the original graphic that was released last year sometime - before the unis were unveiled.

http://www.billszone.com/jjamezz/billsunissite/otherd/blogo.gif

JJamezz
04-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Anyone spreading rumors of this being anything more than a secondary logo doesn't have much common sense...

LMAO... Yeah, the Bills are gonna spend a year designing new uniforms just so they can change the logo and thus redesign the unis again the following season... Whatever...

Let alone the fact that this 'new' logo was actually released well before the unis were unveilied last year.

:rolleyes:

Michael82
04-23-2003, 12:07 PM
As long as we are on this topic....let's bring back some old pictures of future Bills logos that you wouldn't mind... :D

Michael82
04-23-2003, 12:08 PM
:D

JJamezz
04-23-2003, 12:12 PM
LOL - I remember those - I even made a little take off of that one for the (old) new uni site...

Shameless plug... (http://www.billszone.com/jjamezz/billsunissite/index.html)

:biggrin:

Michael82
04-23-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
Anyone spreading rumors of this being anything more than a secondary logo doesn't have much common sense...

LMAO... Yeah, the Bills are gonna spend a year designing new uniforms just so they can change the logo and thus redesign the unis again the following season... Whatever...

Let alone the fact that this 'new' logo was actually released well before the unis were unveilied last year.

hmmm, maybe they are thinking about slipping this logo on the jersey. I have seen some interesting things and heard them too. For example...the jerseys are half off at all the sports stores around here. I also called the Bills store and went to the Rochester one and they said they won't be getting more jerseys until the new ones come out in July. Hmmmm.... :scratch:

Could it be? :rolleyes: :D :anvil:

Earthquake Enyart
04-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz

I respectfully disagree. I bet they are kicking themselves for not tweaking the logo last year, so they can sell more mesh hats and golf shirts.

lordofgun
04-23-2003, 01:27 PM
I think EE's right to an extent. People bought a bunch of the new stuff last year. What better than more new stuff this year? Its all about the :$:.

That said, I doubt if that's the new logo and I'm sure we would have heard about it if the Bills were changing their logo this year.

Earthquake Enyart
04-23-2003, 01:29 PM
Why do you think they are dumping out those 1973 mesh hats?

To make room for the new!

BillsOwnAll
04-23-2003, 01:30 PM
it looks like it should be a hockey logo.

TigerJ
04-23-2003, 09:14 PM
I'm not really into logos that much. If they were to change and adopt that particular one, I would notice the difference but that would be about the extent of it.

lordofgun
04-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I'm not really into logos that much. If they were to change and adopt that particular one, I would notice the difference but that would be about the extent of it.

Let me guess...vanilla ice cream fan? ;)

JJamezz
04-24-2003, 12:50 AM
Tiger :whip: JJ

:biggrin: