PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry tests positive for Marijuana again....

Ickybaluky
07-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Kind of sad how this guy destroyed his career. Even sadder for all those kids he had.

LINK (http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6962930&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1)

A highly-placed NFL source says former Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry has tested positive again for marijuana.

Bulldog
07-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Seriously Travis, STOP SMOKING THE FREAKIN WEED! Holy cow, are people really this stupid? And you're right NE, it really is sad to see someone piss away all that talent and money.

LtFinFan66
07-11-2008, 11:29 AM
You can't cure stupid with medicinal marijuana Travis :shakeno:

gr8slayer
07-11-2008, 12:01 PM
A "highly placed source" tells Fox31 in Denver that Travis Henry has tested positive again for marijuana. The local station has had a lot of scoops in the last year, and not all of them have proven exactly true. Still, they had the Henry failed test right on early last year. Henry is currently a free agent, but still subject to league tests and would likely be suspended for a year if this is true. Just one season removed from a resurgent year in Tennessee, Henry is probably out of the league for good. Moron

DraftBoy
07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
:wave:

Bulldog
07-11-2008, 12:11 PM
I was gunna play some football, but then I got high. I gunna rush the ball, but then I got high. But none of this happened man and I know why, because I got high, because I got high, because I got high.

Mahdi
07-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Funny how so many ppl criticized the McGahee draft since we already had Henry. shows that the average fan doesnt know as much as they think. Henry hasn't done anything since being traded and although McGahee's attitude stunk there was no way of foreseeing that. At least trading McGahee got us Stroud.

yordad
07-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Have I mentioned lately how big of a Lynch fan I am?

gr8slayer
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Dude, you're a fan of everyone on the team, good or bad :homer:

DrastiK
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM

Sarcasm??

billsburgh
07-11-2008, 01:02 PM
it's all McGahee's fault

BlackMetalNinja
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Merged with existing thread and moved to appropriate forum.

Devin
07-11-2008, 01:37 PM
What a knucklehead. Guy really was a hell of a runner when he was motivated to be. Hope it was worth it.

trapezeus
07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
wouldn't be interesting if there was a separate forum called, "NFL players in trouble with the law?" I wonder how many threads there would be.

Bill Cody
07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok, this isn't Christian but I hope he ends up on skid row. Massive, massive loser with a brain the size of a walnut and zero morals. Will bang away and smoke away at will but when we drafted Mcgahee he flat out quit on the team AND HE WASN'T EVEN BENCHED YET. That 1-5 start in 2004 was a good part on him, if we had benched him pre season that team is 11-5 or 12-4 easy.

He signs a 20m contract with Denver, starts off great then smokes. Then he stops showing up this year and they cut him. Way, way, way, way beyond stupid. Yes, Travis I'll have fries with that.

tat2dmike77
07-11-2008, 02:04 PM
I wonder if Travis and Ricky have the same dealer? Or do they just grow thier own pot?

Mr. Miyagi
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
That's a one year suspension I think.

yordad
07-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Dude, you're a fan of everyone on the team, good or bad :homer:Yeah, ur right. I am a bit of a homer. Wait, can I think someone sucks and still be their fan? I think some of the guys aren't all to good, but they are the best we have so I am a fan. Does that make sense?

Sarcasm??Nope. He da man.

Mr. Pink
07-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Way to grow up Henry!

All the talent in the world with a ten cent mentality.

What a waste.

Apparently even money isn't a big enough incentive for some people to stay on the straight and narrow. At least til they're done with their playing days.

Bill Brasky
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
:rofl: at the comments in this thread.

travis henry - and tons of other athletes - smokes a damn plant that grows in the ground and he's a demon spawn.

marshawn lynch his a ped with his car, drunk, runs away from it, bucks the law, gets a slap on the wrist, and you guys defended him.

unbelievable!

Mr. Pink
07-11-2008, 02:56 PM

travis henry - and tons of other athletes - smokes a damn plant that grows in the ground and he's a demon spawn.

marshawn lynch his a ped with his car, drunk, runs away from it, bucks the law, gets a slap on the wrist, and you guys defended him.

unbelievable!

I didn't defend Marshawn.

They're both idiots.

Bill Brasky
07-11-2008, 02:59 PM
so which is worse then? smoking a plant or nearly killing a person and running away? chances are henry's career is done while marshawn probably won't face any punishment. quite indicative at where this country's priorities are at.

a plant that was ousted by government dbags with special interests 80 years ago takes more creedence over a guy who basically got away with near-murder.

Mr. Pink
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
so which is worse then? smoking a plant or nearly killing a person and running away? the fact that people get so worked up over pot amazes me. and it's usually people who have no clue about the history of the "drug"

Obviously what Marshawn did was worse...as I've illustrated in a couple of the older Lynch threads. And I'm not gonna defend him and say that he didn't know he hit the woman, because when you hit anything you know.

Unfortunately according to the NFL using drugs is worse than what Marshawn did, especially if you're a repeat offender.

The NFLs drug policy is very straightforward and simple.

Now is pot as bad as coke? Definitely not. But it's still a drug and still against a. the law and b. the drug policy the NFL has set forth.

Henry has experience with the drug policy already and should be able to know that hey, if I do this I might hurt my career. I might affect putting food on my families tables. But, consequences be damned, he still wants to do whatever he wants regardless of the fact.

Hence my comment all the talent in the world, 10 cent mentality.

Bill Cody
07-11-2008, 03:36 PM

unbelievable!

Almost all drugs come from plants and they're pretty much all illegal. How is their origin relevant? Would it be somehow worse if pot was not an item found in nature? And WTF has Lynch got to do with the fact that THen has about a dozen kids from about a dozen different women and that he's smoked himself right out of the league? Even a guy like Henry who's brain power is one level up from plankton knew pot was illegal before he even came in the league but he still can't stay off it. Maybe you like to take a toke with your buddies and I don't judge that but most of us would give our right nut for the opportunities Henry has bonged away so there's a big difference there.

Typ0
07-11-2008, 03:43 PM
for a head the guy has made a lot of money.

The Answer
07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Regardless of all the babies and blunt rolling - he's still a better RB than McGahee.

~The Answer

trapezeus
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
i still think a lot of these guys do it to release the pain their bodies go through. between that and that steriods, these guys run to relief like alcohol and drugs. it's not cool, but you can't expect them to play in such a brutal league and expect them not to find a way to dull the pain.

DraftBoy
07-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Regardless of all the babies and blunt rolling - he's still a better RB than McGahee.

~The Answer

:bs:

Typ0
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
i still think a lot of these guys do it to release the pain their bodies go through. between that and that steriods, these guys run to relief like alcohol and drugs. it's not cool, but you can't expect them to play in such a brutal league and expect them not to find a way to dull the pain.

I agree. And Henry is a very painful runner. You make a good case for the rules in the NFL. They are what they are and if Henry is smoking pot he's cheating just like it should be with any substance moderated by the league. It really is about the league creating the rules and catching cheaters.

trapezeus
07-11-2008, 05:46 PM
thanks typo. for me, its just hard watching fans rip on players. these aren't guys who are sitting at an office job and making excuses for their abuse. these guys are literally in a car accident every day for up to 6-7 months. and the size and speed of these players have gotten out of control.

i just think that there is a reason he's doing it. not all these guys are just idiots. some have a very distinct reason that an average guy who hasn't played in the NFL can't comprehend.

Turf
07-11-2008, 07:13 PM
When Marshawn keeps running people over with his SUV and over and over again, he'll be on the same level as Travis. Until then there's no comparison.

SABURZFAN
07-11-2008, 08:20 PM
it's a shame that he didn't learn his lesson the first time. :shakeno:

Bill Cody
07-11-2008, 10:12 PM

Pot smokers have a high risk of getting caught in today's random test world. The fact that so few are tells me that the the T Hens and Ricky Williams types are few and far between. And call me crazy but yes I do expect them to play without lighting up.

camelcowboy
07-11-2008, 10:16 PM
the scary part is the number of kids be has.

Typ0
07-11-2008, 10:22 PM
he's obviously so stoned he doesn't even know where his dick is.

yordad
07-11-2008, 10:27 PM
so which is worse then? smoking a plant or nearly killing a person and running away? chances are henry's career is done while marshawn probably won't face any punishment. quite indicative at where this country's priorities are at.

a plant that was ousted by government dbags with special interests 80 years ago takes more creedence over a guy who basically got away with near-murder.I ain't judging either as a person. I'm judging them as football players. Lynch isn't suspended for a year. So, you tell me who is better.

I love how you downplay the pot, then say the chick that fell at cut her leg was nearly murdered.

But, you are onto something. Why is pot a friggin' league banned substance anyways? It surely isn't a performance enhancer, so why do they care if you toke up while on vaca?

yordad
07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Trapezues and typ0, you guys can't seriously think pot helps one cure an injury faster. And, you can't seriously think pot helps with pain anywhere near as much as the cortisone shot, if at all.

Pot makes you tired and hungry. Banning and testing for it by the league is stupid. They might as well test for alcohol.

Typ0
07-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Trapezues and typ0, you guys can't seriously think pot helps one cure an injury faster. And, you can't seriously think pot helps with pain anywhere near as much as the cortisone shot, if at all.

Pot makes you tired and hungry. Banning and testing for it by the league is stupid. They might as well test for alcohol.

I think everyone is different and yes, pot can help with the pain. It's not going to make you heal faster like steroids but it can help you work at your rehab better and play in less pain. I agree with the league taking a stance on this issue as they have clearly articulated the expectations and have a right to expect they be followed.

trapezeus
07-13-2008, 10:19 AM
i never said i thought it heals the injury. but mentally, i think it makes the person feel better for that period of the high. yes a coritzone shot would be better, but probably much harder to get compared to pot.

i've never done any drug in my life, but i know that drugs such as pot are pretty prevalent. i know some of the same guys ripping on these players have done the drug themselves. it just sounds contradictory to me.

Typ0
07-13-2008, 12:42 PM
I ain't judging either as a person. I'm judging them as football players. Lynch isn't suspended for a year. So, you tell me who is better.

I love how you downplay the pot, then say the chick that fell at cut her leg was nearly murdered.

But, you are onto something. Why is pot a friggin' league banned substance anyways? It surely isn't a performance enhancer, so why do they care if you toke up while on vaca?

ML has been in more trouble in his first year in the league than Henry has just about his whole career. Henry is at the end of his career and ML is at the beginning. I don't think this is a reasonable comparison at all. It's like saying OJ was a crappy football player because he murdered his ex wife and her lover.

Mike13
07-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Banning and testing for it by the league is stupid
Seriously its not like its a perfromace enhancing drug, unless you dump a ****load of Doritos in the endzone.