PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else View Schedule In 4 game Sets ?

Night Train
07-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Many teams do this and I've basically viewed it like that for a long time.

1st 4 games - Seahawks, @Jags, Raiders, @Rams

Camp and the pre-season have to play out before I form a hard opinion on these 4. Only then will I predict the next 4. You just can't base it on last season, since the NFL landscape changes so much each off-season.

We've made additions/ added draft picks & so has everyone else.

That's why I can actually hold a measurable degree of optimism each year. It can change for the better, if you quit aiming for your foot & get some luck with injuries.

Can't wait for camp. I honestly don't know what we have and pay little mind to the doom & gloom. A new year.

It's the positive fan in me. ( I'm never letting him out )

SquishDaFish
07-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I look at it week to week. For same reasons as you I try not to look at the complete schedule and base my opinions on it. You never know in the NFL with the parity.

feelthepain
07-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Many teams do this and I've basically viewed it like that for a long time.

1st 4 games - Seahawks, @Jags, Raiders, @Rams

Camp and the pre-season have to play out before I form a hard opinion on these 4. Only then will I predict the next 4. You just can't base it on last season, since the NFL landscape changes so much each off-season.

We've made additions/ added draft picks & so has everyone else.

That's why I can actually hold a measurable degree of optimism each year. It can change for the better, if you quit aiming for your foot & get some luck with injuries.

Can't wait for camp. I honestly don't know what we have and pay little mind to the doom & gloom. A new year.

It's the positive fan in me. ( I'm never letting him out )

Nothin wrong with that at all.

DrGraves
07-13-2008, 07:17 PM
seattle and the jags are good teams... i just hope we can get one win and not start out 0-2

streetkings01
07-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I alway view the schedule in quarters. In order for us to make the playoffs we need to have 2 winning quarters(3-1) and 2 quarters at .500. All the playoff teams seem to go this way!

Meathead
07-14-2008, 08:02 AM
2-2 is my goal for the first quarter as 0-2 is looking likely to me

The Answer
07-14-2008, 11:12 AM
This team and coaching staff realizes the importance of not getting off to a slow start and I'm not concerned with Seattle at all - they have no offense and their defense has always been suspect especially on the road. The stadium will be jacked up beyond belief and I expect our defense to make plays all day long.

I think we are going to pound Seattle on opening day and then lose a very close game in Jax the next week because I think our offense is going to take a few games to get in sync.

~The Answer

raphael120
07-14-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm telling you right now, we lose the big home opener against the Seahawks it's going to set the tone for the rest of the season. I have a hunch.