Attached Files
  • dolfan25
    Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
    • Jul 2002

It's small but I think you know who that is

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

IF that is who I think it is...I'm gonna hurl!

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

That is equivalent to a transition sex after a really bad break-up. You wake up in the morning and wonder "What the hell did I just do?"

Comment

• bduff54
          • Jul 2002

that day really hurt me. it was like wendel clark suiting up for the canadiens. But the Bills organization shafted thurman so i don't blame him

Comment

• Halbert
            I'm Not Normal
            • Jul 2002

Why do you think they shafted him? Personally I didn't think they shafted any of the big three that were released. I loved those guys but it's a business and they couldn't carry the huge salaries anymore. The Bills were one of the first teams to see the reality of managing the cap and were ahead of their time in that regard. By cutting those guys they were able to reload quickly and stay very competitive - an amazing feat considering they drafted at the bottom for so many years.

Notice that Thum came back to sign the one-day deal so he could retire a Bill. It might be too late but I'd like to see Andre do it and hopefully Bruce will as well.

The only thing I ever heard was that maybe the Bills didn't communicate it to the guys in a timely manner so they heard it from the news first. Well I'm sorry but those three were always whiners and I hesitate to take what they say about things like this at face value. It seems if you're not doing an "I'm not worthy" in front of them they think it's an insult, especially Bruce who the other two appear to take their cue from. God bless them but they sure acted like kids sometimes. They all seem to be maturing quickly now, though, especially Thurm and Andre. Maybe Bruce will when he finally retires.

Comment

• bduff54
              • Jul 2002

Thurman read he was released on sportscenter! in my opinion that is a disgrace. imagine sitting there with your wife and kids watching baseball hi-lites and a ticker pops up saying "By the way Thurman, go find a new home".

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

I hate it. As if I wasn't already in a bad enough mood today. YOU SUCK!!!

Comment

• Halbert
                  I'm Not Normal
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bduff54
                  Thurman read he was released on sportscenter! in my opinion that is a disgrace. imagine sitting there with your wife and kids watching baseball hi-lites and a ticker pops up saying "By the way Thurman, go find a new home".
                  Yeah I can see how that would really suck for Thurm. But it's possible it was just a matter of timing. I remember JB saying they had told the guys they were at risk and perhaps some digging sportswriter jumped the gun before an official announcement. Those guys were so touchy it's possible they flew off the handle when actually there was little OBD could have done differently. I don't know but I still would qualify that situation as unfortunate instead of giving anybody the shaft.

If you want to see someone they gave the shaft to, look at Antowain! Now HE'S somebody they did screw up with.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

I always thought that Antowain never got a fair shake but its too late now.

Comment

• Phins054
                      Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
                      • Jul 2002

Glad to see Thurm made it over here....

I was actually wondering if you knew about this place cause I hadn't seen any posts from you...

Anyways...glad you made it

Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Thanks phins good to see you too!!!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
                          Notice that Thum came back to sign the one-day deal so he could retire a Bill. It might be too late but I'd like to see Andre do it and hopefully Bruce will as well.

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong here but, I think that Andre did re-sign and retire as a Bill
                          My Band
                          daveviterna.com

Comment

• Halbert
                            I'm Not Normal
                            • Jul 2002

Did he? I missed it if he did. Or I'm just having another senior moment.

Comment

• BillsNYC
                              Man of the People
                              • Jul 2002

really? i thought only thurmo did that?
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X