dolfan25
07-17-2002, 12:54 AM
It's small but I think you know who that is

Michael82
07-17-2002, 02:31 AM
IF that is who I think it is...I'm gonna hurl! :( :cry:

Pride
07-17-2002, 07:04 AM
That is equivalent to a transition sex after a really bad break-up. You wake up in the morning and wonder "What the hell did I just do?"

bduff54
07-17-2002, 07:23 AM
that day really hurt me. it was like wendel clark suiting up for the canadiens. But the Bills organization shafted thurman so i don't blame him

Halbert
07-17-2002, 07:45 AM
Why do you think they shafted him? Personally I didn't think they shafted any of the big three that were released. I loved those guys but it's a business and they couldn't carry the huge salaries anymore. The Bills were one of the first teams to see the reality of managing the cap and were ahead of their time in that regard. By cutting those guys they were able to reload quickly and stay very competitive - an amazing feat considering they drafted at the bottom for so many years.

Notice that Thum came back to sign the one-day deal so he could retire a Bill. It might be too late but I'd like to see Andre do it and hopefully Bruce will as well.

The only thing I ever heard was that maybe the Bills didn't communicate it to the guys in a timely manner so they heard it from the news first. Well I'm sorry but those three were always whiners and I hesitate to take what they say about things like this at face value. It seems if you're not doing an "I'm not worthy" in front of them they think it's an insult, especially Bruce who the other two appear to take their cue from. God bless them but they sure acted like kids sometimes. They all seem to be maturing quickly now, though, especially Thurm and Andre. Maybe Bruce will when he finally retires.

bduff54
07-17-2002, 07:50 AM
Thurman read he was released on sportscenter! in my opinion that is a disgrace. imagine sitting there with your wife and kids watching baseball hi-lites and a ticker pops up saying "By the way Thurman, go find a new home".

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2002, 08:51 AM
I hate it. As if I wasn't already in a bad enough mood today. YOU SUCK!!!

Halbert
07-17-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by bduff54
Thurman read he was released on sportscenter! in my opinion that is a disgrace. imagine sitting there with your wife and kids watching baseball hi-lites and a ticker pops up saying "By the way Thurman, go find a new home". Yeah I can see how that would really suck for Thurm. But it's possible it was just a matter of timing. I remember JB saying they had told the guys they were at risk and perhaps some digging sportswriter jumped the gun before an official announcement. Those guys were so touchy it's possible they flew off the handle when actually there was little OBD could have done differently. I don't know but I still would qualify that situation as unfortunate instead of giving anybody the shaft.

If you want to see someone they gave the shaft to, look at Antowain! Now HE'S somebody they did screw up with.

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2002, 09:02 AM
I always thought that Antowain never got a fair shake but its too late now.

Phins054
07-17-2002, 09:40 AM
Glad to see Thurm made it over here....:cheers:

I was actually wondering if you knew about this place cause I hadn't seen any posts from you...

Anyways...glad you made it

:band:

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2002, 09:46 AM
Thanks phins good to see you too!!!

mchurchfie
07-17-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
Notice that Thum came back to sign the one-day deal so he could retire a Bill. It might be too late but I'd like to see Andre do it and hopefully Bruce will as well.

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong here but, I think that Andre did re-sign and retire as a Bill

Halbert
07-17-2002, 11:03 AM
Did he? I missed it if he did. Or I'm just having another senior moment.

BillsNYC
07-17-2002, 11:06 AM
really? i thought only thurmo did that?

mchurchfie
07-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Here is a partial excerpt from an article I found on the net when investigating it...

Andre Reed retires from Bills

September 8, 2001

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Andre Reed's 16-year journey from tiny Kutztown University to the National Football League came to an end Saturday.

Reed, Buffalo's leading career receiver and a key member of the teams that went to four straight Super Bowls in the 1990s, announced his retirement after signing a ceremonial one-day contract with the team, allowing him to retire as a Bill.

JefftheBillsfan
07-17-2002, 11:33 AM
That wasn't just a bad day for the Bills, it was a bad day for football IMO

gonzo1105
07-17-2002, 11:36 AM
Well all that has to happen now is Bruce to sign the one day contract with Buffalo but i dont think that will happen

BillsNYC
07-17-2002, 12:10 PM
imagine if bruce went into the hall as a redskin?

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2002, 12:12 PM
Bruce will retire as a Bill FOR SURE!!!

mchurchfie
07-17-2002, 12:20 PM
I agree with you Thurm, it would be sad any other way. We can only hope that he doesn't pull a Hasek on us, he is very capable of it and it wouldn't stun me at all if he did.

Earthquake Enyart
07-17-2002, 12:22 PM
Bruce isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

BillsNYC
07-17-2002, 12:27 PM
he's s "me" person....like hasek

bduff54
07-17-2002, 01:10 PM
Bruce will retire a bill. Jimbo will call him as will marv.

northernbillfan
07-17-2002, 01:21 PM
Make it so.

Bruce retiring as a Bill is the only way to leave.

The_Philster
07-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by bduff54
Thurman read he was released on sportscenter! in my opinion that is a disgrace. imagine sitting there with your wife and kids watching baseball hi-lites and a ticker pops up saying "By the way Thurman, go find a new home".

Yeah. Andre wanted out because of the way Pendry and Flutie were utilizing him, BRUCE refused to do anything with his contract. Nothing was said to Thurmal until he saw it on TV......terrible way to find out.

The_Philster
07-17-2002, 03:41 PM
I don't see BRUCE retiring as anything but a Bill. Sure he can be a bit of an ass at times but he did seem to appreciate how the fans treated him as a whole.

The_Philster
07-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I always thought that Antowain never got a fair shake but its too late now.

I can agree AND disagree with you, there Thurm. I like Antowain personally and still have a pic taken with him from his rookie training camp up on my wall. He definitely got the shaft as far as Pendry and Bishop Harris were concerned and I've gone into detail on this subject many times in the past. But he displayed a defeatist attitude a year ago and that hurt him greatly. I was happy to see him do well because I knew he could do it, but I wish I had seen that fire in him last offseason in Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2002, 03:52 PM
He lost the fire because he basically knew going in that he wasn't even going to get a shot at it. I commend him for being a team player and not a cancer like Flutie.