PDA

View Full Version : some more moot draft thoughts

buffaloscott
04-23-2003, 01:40 PM
hey bills fans,i'm new here and y'all have been quite cool.thanks for the warm welcome...So here's my draft thoughts,(but hey i'm not T.D.)round 1,DE,i'm a PSU fan so i'm hoping Haynes.i think haynes would fit nicely.(sorry i had to do it) Round 2,TE maybe Whitten will fall here but i woundn't bank on it.but there are other good TE and i think several could go in this round that would be great picks.(why did t.d. trade for campbell???that is the only offseason move so far i don't like.) If not TE maybe CB.Round 3 CB now if not in 2,or maybe a g/center...After that def.all the way.No QB's Travis Brown is the next Frank Riech.Also no Rb's...Lot's of undrafted Rb's in camp though none will make the squad.Don't forget about Parker he could be a dark horse to make the team.WR.well maybe later,but hey,a project player at best.A ILB might be taken,who knows if Spoon will come back 100%.Well thanks for reading my uneducated rantings...:feedback:

Ingtar33
04-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Welcome to zone bufscott...
Not too bad... I wouldn't be unhappy with Hayens and Witten in the first two...

Here (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=4&state=news&nid=4745) is a neat little article I wrote about the draft, maybe you'll enjoy & learn a bit.

I'll also add that I'm planning to do a little review of the Bills draft on Monday or Tuesday after the draft, highlighting some o the things I thought about each of the picks.

Tatonka
04-23-2003, 03:24 PM
hi bud and welcome..

i think either DT or DE will be addressed in the first two rounds.. but i just think we will take one.. either DT or DE..

so i could see haynes.. or mcdougal

as far as TE.. i see that definately being a pick.. but there are about 5 that i like.. if clarke falls to the second.. cool..

i personally think rasheed mathis would be the best pick.. he could fall some.. possibly trade down and take him..

some guys that i am hoping will fall some and we can pick by adding extra picks from trading down..

TEs in general.. N.O. was the team that i thought would really draft a TE.. then they got conwell.. so they may not start that run too early.. philly would be the only team i see taking a TE in the first.. meaning that Clarke could last

Rien Long.. i am not sold on him as a first rounder at all.. but if we were able to grab him in the 2nd roudn.. i think he could be used at LDE and DT some this season.. could be a quality pick up.

TigerJ
04-23-2003, 08:58 PM
I think Long is a reach at #23 too. There are too many questions aboutn his injury. Is he really over it completely? If McDougal is gone, I think Haynes might be the pick. I think a TE is likely to be taken in the draft. I wouldn't mind Clark in round 2 at all. Some don't like that idea.

Is it just me or is there less consensus about picks in the first round than usual this year? Some years, for instance, it seems like the first pick in the draft is known almost from the end of February. This year while Palmer has always been considered the frontrunner, until Cincinnati finally telegraphed their intentions the other day there were considered to be three other realistic possibilities (Newman, Rogers and Leftwich). If one polls all the mocks out there, Haynes seems to come up more often than any other name lately, but choices for Buffalo have been all over the map ever since Buffalo obtained Atlanta's pick.

DraftBoy
04-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey scott you being a huge PSU fan maybe you can tell us whether or not some opinions of Haynes are correct when they say he was just aproduct of having All-American DT Jimmy Kennedy down the line from him. Is that true or false, in your opinion?