• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drev8
    • Aug 2004

"Bills on verge of ending playoff drought" - NBC Sports article

Link: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25607526/

Here's my favourite paragraph:

"The immediate and long-term future of the Bills is dependent on Edwards, Hardy and Lynch becoming the kind of productive trio that Jim Kelly, Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas once were."

Wasn't it not to long ago those names were "Losman, Evans and McGahee".

Just hilarious. This has happened before, and it shall happen again...lol
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Re: "Bills on verge of ending playoff drought" - NBC Sports article

woooooohooooooooooo!!!!!
    GO Buffalo!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Evans is still the #1 guy.

This dude is slightly confused. Not surprised though, typical national media guy who regurgitates what everyone else says.

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

Dear Media,

Please stop jinxing us. We have waited too long.

Thanks,

Bills Fans
        Last edited by Romes; 07-14-2008, 11:21 AM.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

I'll take the premature "surprise team" talk than "Let's laugh at how pathetic Buffalo will be" talk.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

I would like to see this same headline on week 16 as well.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

It wouldn't be surprising to see Losman resurface as a starter in Buffalo at some point this year. Bills coaches have to keep his head in the game and make sure they don't lose him.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

What an arrogant *******...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

we're not on the "verge" of anything.

We haven't even played a preseason game yet let alone 16-regular season games.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DrGraves
                    • Mar 2008

"Buffalo probably is one year away from being an elite team, but they should become a very competitive one this season. This team is very capable of winning nine games, including a few that no one expects them to win."

wtf? how do you go from the longest playoff drought in the nfl to an elite team? an ELITE team??? really??!? i mean i think we can be a good team, but elite? cmon nbc dont be dumb.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrGraves
                      "Buffalo probably is one year away from being an elite team, but they should become a very competitive one this season. This team is very capable of winning nine games, including a few that no one expects them to win."

wtf? how do you go from the longest playoff drought in the nfl to an elite team? an ELITE team??? really??!? i mean i think we can be a good team, but elite? cmon nbc dont be dumb.
                      There is precedent for quick turnarounds in the NFL. Buffalo has been building their team for a couple years since Levy came back to restore stability after the Donahoe debacle. They may have been significan'tly improved last season had it not been for the number of significant injuries to key people. Their second round draft pick, Posluszny, had earne a starting position and was playing well. Then three games in, he's gone for the season. I think Mario Haggan had to start one game last season. Haggan is a big strong guy and a solid special teamer, but you can't get away with starting a linebacker in this defensive system that can't break a 5 second 40 time. This off season the Bills continued to add solid talent that fits what they're trying to do, and they get all the players back that missed a bunch of games last year. To my way of thinking, last season's anticipated improvements got delayed by a year due to injury. They are going to get two years' worth of improvements this year.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

The Bears went from a 5-11 season in '04 to a 13-3 season in '05. Their MO was ball control offense, and strong cover-2 defense.

It has been done.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DrGraves
                          • Mar 2008

I realize that it has been done guys, but elite? That's like what the pats have been over the last few years. I think being a good team is what we should be striding for right now.

Comment

• JD
                            Sabres Zone
                            • Sep 2003

Great post tiger
                            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

There are very few "elite" teams in the NFL. The Patriots and Colts come to mind right now. Other than that, no other team has consistently been good recently for a long stretch.

By no means should any respectable person put "Buffalo Bills" and "elite" is the same sentence. There are a lot of "good" teams and we are not even there yet. We are still a 7-9 team...with potential. Potential means nothing until you prove it.

Comment

Working...
                              X