PDA

View Full Version : Islanders Fire Ted Nolan

Dr. Lecter
07-14-2008, 12:23 PM
The two-year marriage of inconvenience between Islanders general manager Garth Snow and coach Ted Nolan ended Monday. Irreconcilable differences over the direction of the franchise led to a mutual decision by Snow and Nolan, who met earlier Monday morning at Nassau Coliseum, to part ways.

Nolan quickly gained popularity with Islanders fans in his first season when his motivational touch and hard-working style of play produced an eighth-place finish in the Eastern Conference and a playoff berth by a team most experts picked to finish near the bottom of the NHL. But last season's playoff hopes faded because of injuries and a series of distracting internal disputes between Nolan and Snow, and several key players apparently lost faith in the coach's methods.

Read about it here. (http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/ny-spisles0715,0,3241479.story)

mchurchfie
07-14-2008, 12:46 PM
But last season's playoff hopes faded because of injuries and a series of distracting internal disputes between Nolan and Snow, and several key players apparently lost faith in the coach's methods.

Read about it here. (http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/ny-spisles0715,0,3241479.story)
And there you have it why Nolan can't get or keep a job in the NHL.

Ebenezer
07-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Are we learning that Nolan has to be the "show"?

Dude
07-14-2008, 01:17 PM
This is all Dominik Hasek's fault.

Ebenezer
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
This is all Dominik Hasek's fault.
...and John Muckler...

Ebenezer
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
...and John Muckler...
...and Matthew Barnaby...

Mitchy moo
07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
If Nolan was a GM, I'd bet he'd find a way to F-it up and fire himself within a year or two because of internal disagreements.

JD
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Racism!

It's because hes an Indian! HoW!

User Manuel
07-14-2008, 03:03 PM
God, I love the Isles. Makes me feel good to be a Sabres fan.

chernobylwraiths
07-14-2008, 04:00 PM
So, are you guys saying his disagreements were invalid because the Islanders had the talent to make the playoffs?

RockStar36
07-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Ted Nolan is a joke. Good riddance.

chernobylwraiths
07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Ted Nolan is a joke. Good riddance.

Right, I see nobody else tried to answer my question. Your post is idiotic.

Dr. Lecter
07-15-2008, 09:47 PM
So, are you guys saying his disagreements were invalid because the Islanders had the talent to make the playoffs?

No, what I think most are saying is that he appears to have problems in how he deals with communicating and acting out on his feelings.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

This is his 2nd job lost do to the inability to work with management. And he spent ten years NHL-jobless because he wanted everything his way and would not accept an assitant's role. His attitude appears to leave something to be desired.

mchurchfie
07-16-2008, 05:57 AM
Ted Nolan's strongpoint seems to be his motivational skills but beyond that he doesn't seem to be a good enough coach in the rest of the areas needed to take his team to the next level. His consistent inability to get along with management is suicide for his career. Garth used to be a goalie so maybe he threw him one for Dom.

chernobylwraiths
07-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Not debating that he doesn't hasn't gotten along with his last two GMs and that is why he is gone, but I believe he is a good coach. I have issue with people saying his is a poor coach. It is also difficult to take a team that next step when you have a bunch of mediocre players at your disposal. I don't believe Garth Snow for an instant that they had a playoff roster. He praised Satan for crying out loud. Personally, I'm glad because I hate the Islanders and Garth Snow. Now if they can get an idiot coach it will be great.

I hope Nolan can get another chance and try to keep his mouth shut about the roster.

Ebenezer
07-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Not debating that he doesn't hasn't gotten along with his last two GMs and that is why he is gone, but I believe he is a good coach. I have issue with people saying his is a poor coach. It is also difficult to take a team that next step when you have a bunch of mediocre players at your disposal. I don't believe Garth Snow for an instant that they had a playoff roster. He praised Satan for crying out loud. Personally, I'm glad because I hate the Islanders and Garth Snow. Now if they can get an idiot coach it will be great.

I hope Nolan can get another chance and try to keep his mouth shut about the roster.
I would bet that Nolan has seen his last day behind an NHL bench.

rbochan
07-16-2008, 12:24 PM
I would bet that Nolan has seen his last day behind an NHL bench.

Nah, I think they'll still allow him to purchase tickets.

Ebenezer
07-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Nah, I think they'll still allow him to purchase tickets.
I meant directly behind...but I got it...nice one.