PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News - ranking the top 25 RB's

The Answer
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=434762

9. Marshawn Lynch, Buffalo Bills (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/bills/index.html). Lynch averaged nearly 22 carries a game in 2007 and is a good fit for the Bills' zone blocking scheme. He is a one-cut runner who attacks the hole but also has good lateral speed and receiving skills. The emergence of Trent Edwards will open up more running lanes for him.

~The Answer

Al the Bills Fan
07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I think this is a fair ranking for Marshawn. It seems as though everyone stresses his receiving skills except the Bills, hopefully we will throw him the ball a bit more this season.

DraftBoy
07-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Id put Addai, and LJ ahead of him maybe Portis.

PECKERWOOD
07-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Id put Addai, and LJ ahead of him maybe Portis.

If Portis could stay healthy he would be right behind LT every year, jmo.

Gore, Brown and Addai should be higher, McGahee and Parker should be lower. I would definately take Steven Jackson over Parker, no contest.

Mr. Pink
07-16-2008, 01:51 PM
How is Lendale White even rated in this list?

patmoran2006
07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Lynch is a Top 10 back.
I dont need any list to tell me that. I knew that last year.

He's going to the Pro Bowl this year by the way.

Confused
07-16-2008, 02:32 PM
FInally some love 4 marshawn. Willis? wtf. Addai and willis swap.

Mitchell55
07-16-2008, 02:35 PM
3 things I dont like. Gore and Jackson and Lynch should be ahead of McGahee. Taylor shouldve been ahead of Addai. And McGahee at number 6 is just a joke. He was only 100 yards away from lynch and lynch was injured for 3 games. McGahee had 2 games over him

PECKERWOOD
07-16-2008, 03:34 PM
FInally some love 4 marshawn. Willis? wtf. Addai and willis swap.

Willis couldn't hit a HR if his life depended on it, that's why I don't think he belongs in the top 10. If you're a top 10 back, you should have the ability to do everything.

PECKERWOOD
07-16-2008, 03:36 PM
3 things I dont like. Gore and Jackson and Lynch should be ahead of McGahee. Taylor shouldve been ahead of Addai. And McGahee at number 6 is just a joke. He was only 100 yards away from lynch and lynch was injured for 3 games. McGahee had 2 games over him

I agree with everything but the Taylor ahead of Addai part. BTW, where the hell is Maurice Jones-Drew on that list? He, IMO has established himself as a top 5 RB.

gr8slayer
07-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Lynch is a Top 10 back.
I dont need any list to tell me that. I knew that last year.

He's going to the Pro Bowl this year by the way.
Playing for Buffalo? Keep dreaming, we're usually lucky if we get one or two.

BTW, Lynch is the #6 back in the league right now. Give him a half decent QB and he'll move up even more.

yordad
07-16-2008, 03:40 PM
"6. Willis McGahee, Baltimore Ravens (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/ravens/index.html). On an offense that can only run the ball, McGahee was the runner. He is a versatile rusher who can attack the edges as well as take on defenders between the tackles."

:roflmao: Attack the edges? Um no. Versatile? He doesn't catch well. And he blocks like crap.

And, as far as I know, we abandoned the zone blocking. :idunno: