PDA

View Full Version : This just in, LW is wrong....Sabres open against.......

SabreEleven
07-16-2008, 02:03 PM
The Montreal Canadiens.......and against Red Wings, Ducks, and Coyotes in their "wild card" games

The Buffalo Sabres have announced that the team’s 39th season of operation will begin on Friday, October 10 when the Montreal Canadiens visit HSBC Arena.

This will be the seventh time the Sabres have faced the Canadiens in their home opener in franchise history. The team is 4-1-1 all-time in those contests, with the only loss coming in the first ever regular season game in franchise

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=368511

Ebenezer
07-16-2008, 03:04 PM
The team is 4-1-1 all-time in those contests, with the only loss coming in the first ever regular season game in franchise

way to jinx opening night :rolleyes:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I was guessing, I didn't say for a fact that they were playing the Bruins. I just figured on since we played the Bruins on the last day of the regular season last yr. in Boston I thought this year the Sabres would open up HSBC Arena with the Bruins.

Also we opened up the HSBC Arena in 2006-07 season against Montreal with a 5-4 shootout :hockey: win

chernobylwraiths
07-16-2008, 08:35 PM
The Montreal Canadiens.......and against Red Wings, Ducks, and Coyotes in their "wild card" games

The Buffalo Sabres have announced that the team’s 39th season of operation will begin on Friday, October 10 when the Montreal Canadiens visit HSBC Arena.

This will be the seventh time the Sabres have faced the Canadiens in their home opener in franchise history. The team is 4-1-1 all-time in those contests, with the only loss coming in the first ever regular season game in franchise

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=368511

Great. Wild card games against two of the Western Conference's toughest teams and the other against nobody Phoenix. I wonder if they tried to get Chicago?

Myers57
07-16-2008, 09:38 PM
losman wins is never wrong, who you kiddin?

SabreEleven
07-17-2008, 04:47 AM
losman wins is never wrong, who you kiddin?

I know, I was in shock myself.

RockStar36
07-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Great. Wild card games against two of the Western Conference's toughest teams and the other against nobody Phoenix. I wonder if they tried to get Chicago?

Didn't they get Chicago last year?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-17-2008, 04:14 PM

Sabres play Chicago in Chicago this season

Wed Jan 14, 2009 Sabres Blackhawks 8:30 PM United Center

chernobylwraiths
07-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Didn't they get Chicago last year?

Yes, but they have 3 "wild card" games that are chosen. I thought they got to "pick" who they wanted to play and the NHL would try to accommodate. I am probably mistaken and heard wrong from GR. But why those three as wild card games?