X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HughC
    • Mar 2008

Packers File Tampering Charges Against Vikings

In the latest turn of the soap opera known as 'Brett Favre: the '08 off-season', the Packers have filed tampering charges against the Vikings. Looks like the Vikings offensive coordinator, who was once an assistant coach with the Packers, is accused of improper contact with Favre, who is still under contract with Green Bay.

Packers say Vikings tampered with Favre

In the latest twist, the Packers have filed tampering charges with the league office against the Minnesota Vikings for alleged communication with Favre, still technically a member of Green Bay, FOXSports.com has learned. The league, according to a source, is currently in information-gathering mode, speaking to members of both teams.
    The Vikings were informed late last week that the allegation is that Favre has had inappropriate dialogue with Minnesota offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a close Favre friend and former assistant coach with the Packers. Favre has sought his release from Green Bay and several rumors have swirled that Minnesota is his targeted landing place, largely due to his relationship with Bevell.

Now the question is, how will Goodell respond? He took a 5th round draft pick away from San Fancisco for tampering with Lance Briggs a few months ago. If neither Bevell nor Favre admits they talked about Favre coming to Minnesota, will Goodell use his 'preponderance of guilt' as enough to find the Vikings guilty?
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Re: Packers File Tampering Charges Against Vikings

scat.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

I seen that one coming.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• njsue
        Jersey Girl!!!!!!
        • Sep 2003

The Packer's organization is making this look ugly. They should let Brett Farve go.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

No they should not release him. He's under contract. Why should they let him go to a division opponent?

Comment

Working...
          X