• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

ESPN DB Rankings

19. New England Patriots
    The Patriots secondary will feature some new faces this year after the losses of Asante Samuel and Eugene Wilson to free agency. Veteran Fernando Bryant and Jason Webster will step into the void, while Ellis Hobbs will continue to hold down the other corner spot. New England also added some youth to the group by drafting Terrence Wheatley in the second round. Veteran SS Rodney Harrison continues to make a difference despite his age, and James Sanders is back after starting 15 games last season. Second-year man Brandon Meriweather should be more of a safety, and if he can play with the same confidence he demonstrated in college Meriweather will be a good one.

23. Miami Dolphins
    Jason Allen has the physical tools to excel as a starting free safety, but has started just nine games in his first two seasons and he will have former Atlanta starter Chris Crocker behind him if he falters. SS Yeremiah Bell can make a lot of plays with his toughness and instincts, but he also faces health questions after playing in just one game last season. Will Allen has been a solid and durable fixture at RCB, while LCB Michael Lehan needs to recover quickly from an injured ankle. The Dolphins have good depth at safety with Keith Davis and Crocker as the backups. Davis and Crocker will quickly upgrade the special teams units if they are not starting, and Andre Goodman, Nathan Jones and Travis Daniels provide quality depth at corner.

26. New York Jets
    The Jets should feel good about their future at corner as RCB Darrelle Revis showed good technique and cover skills while starting every game last season as a rookie. Revis should only get better with experience, and Kerry Rhodes is an above-average starter at safety who will provide consistent production. The other safety spot is a bit of a question mark as Abram Elam will look to improve after starting eight games last season. If New York gets LCB Justin Miller back at full strength this year it will be a bonus as the Jets were forced to adjust to his absence early last season. This is another group that could finish much higher in the rankings by the end of the year if some concerns are addressed.

27. Buffalo Bills
    They will be improved this year with SS Donte Whitner and FS Ko Simpson both entering their third season. Simpson missed the majority of the 2007 season with a dislocated ankle, but should be ready to return as the starter, and the duo gives the Bills two young playmakers with good instincts who can make plays in traffic or in space. Buffalo returns starters Terrence McGee and Jabari Greer back at corner, and while McGee lacks ideal size he does have good quickness and ball skills. Greer has better size to match up with receivers and is very competitive. The addition of CB Leodis McKelvin through the draft will provide depth and competition, and McKelvin should be at least the nickel corner when the season begins.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: ESPN Rankings

Sorry, but they're obviously trying to get a reaction by putting the Pats @ 19. I hate to say it, but Tom Brady alone makes them a top 5-10 team every single year.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
      Sorry, but they're obviously trying to get a reaction by putting the Pats @ 19. I hate to say it, but Tom Brady alone makes them a top 5-10 team every single year.
      um, the article is just ranking secondaries.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
        Solly. I forgot to add "db" into the thread titre
        sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I'm surprised you don't think the article is ranking the bills too high?
          sacrifice1

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Totally justafan's fault.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Re: ESPN DB Rankings

Sounds about right to me, rankings wise
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                I'm surprised you don't think the article is ranking the bills too high?
                I honestly don't know enough about other team's secondaries to comment. But on our secondary we have:

Whitner- he's been mediocre so far

Simpson- all the physical tools but lacks the mental aspect- hopefully he spent all that injury time watching tape and studying playbooks.

McGee- 2 good years and 2 bad years at CB, but generally a solid player

McKelvin/James- unproven/journeyman

I think Leonard and Wilson both suck, although Wilson is decent for only having played the position for one year. At CB, Greer is decent nickel/depth, Youboty's a disappointment and the other guys we drafted are just question marks.

So, with all those concerns, it seems like a fair ranking.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

I really can't agree with this ranking at all. The Bills have the worst secondary in the AFC East? Absolutely not. In fact, I'd argue we have one of the best...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Actually, NOT. NO one even heard of the fins' dbs.
                    It's ESPN obviously clueless.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-17-2008, 03:12 PM.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      I really can't agree with this ranking at all. The Bills have the worst secondary in the AFC East? Absolutely not. In fact, I'd argue we have one of the best...
                      based on what? See my post above.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mayotm
                        • Jul 2003

I honestly don't know enough about other team's secondaries to comment. But on our secondary we have:

Whitner- he's been mediocre so far

Simpson- all the physical tools but lacks the mental aspect- hopefully he spent all that injury time watching tape and studying playbooks.

McGee- 2 good years and 2 bad years at CB, but generally a solid player

McKelvin/James- unproven/journeyman

I think Leonard and Wilson both suck, although Wilson is decent for only having played the position for one year. At CB, Greer is decent nickel/depth, Youboty's a disappointment and the other guys we drafted are just question marks.

Don't need to worry about Leonard any longer. He's no longer with the team.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

based on what? See my post above.
                          Your post says you don't know enough about other teams' DBs to judge them.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Your post says you don't know enough about other teams' DBs to judge them.
                            right except I do know about our DB's and I know they're not very good. And I have reasons why they aren't very good. Their stats, last year's performance and last years defensive rankings show it.

So, if you're going to say that our DB's are amongst the best in the league, come up with a good reason why because the numbers certainly don't justify that assertion.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

right except I do know about our DB's and I know they're not very good. And I have reasons why they aren't very good. Their stats, last year's performance and last years defensive rankings show it.

but in comparison to the other teams that you don't have any clue about, ours looks better on paper.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X