Looking at our depth chart, we have nothing but great players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Looking at our depth chart, we have nothing but great players.

QB- Edwards- right now has been the best QB in his class.
    RB- Lynch- top 10 and even top 6 back
    WR- Evans- best deep ball receiver in the past 2 years. Hardy, tallest starting receiver in the NFL, and had 36 TDS in 4 years. Thats almost a TD a game.
    TE- Royal- very good blocking TE. Anderson and Johnson- huge red zone targets.
    OL- Peters- one of the best. Doc- another great OL. Walker- probably the biggest OL in the NFL. Butler- great young player. Fowler- ok player.
    DL- Schobel- has been a dominant pass rusher in the past 4 years. Stroud, one of the most dominant DTs in the past 7 years, McCargo- up and rising DT, Williams and Johnson could be starters for a team like Houston or Arizona.
    LB- Pos- 22 tackles in 2 1/2 games. Mitchell- starting LB on the NFL champions. Crowell- 8 in the NFL with tackles. Digi- 20 on the NFL with tackles.
    CB- McKelvin- best CB in college. McGee- talk to Ocho Cinco,
    S- Whitner- Ocho Cinco again (basically McGee shut him down, Whitner shut him up)

KR- McGee- should of made the pro bowl 2 years ago. McKelvin- best return man in college.
    PR- Parrish- Almost set a record.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Looking at our depth chart, we have nothing but great players.

Wow, this post is the very definition of "homer".

Hardy's not a starter (although he probably will be at some point this season).
    Teyo Johnson's already been cut. Anderson's done nothing. Royal sucks.

I like both Lynch and Edwards but I think you're giving them both a little too much credit.

Schobel had 6.5 sacks last year. That's anything but dominant. S Johnson could probably be a starter but I'm not sure about Williams.

Whitner's done nothing in 2 years except that hit on Johnson.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchell55
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Wow, this post is the very definition of "homer".

Hardy's not a starter (although he probably will be at some point this season).
      Teyo Johnson's already been cut. Anderson's done nothing. Royal sucks.

I like both Lynch and Edwards but I think you're giving them both a little too much credit.

Schobel had 6.5 sacks last year. That's anything but dominant. S Johnson could probably be a starter but I'm not sure about Williams.

Whitner's done nothing in 2 years except that hit on Johnson.

A few things. Other than last year, Schobel WAS one of the dominant pass rushers in the NFL. Lynch was number 7 in all around stats. Edwards was true in a weird way. Whitner has been our Defensive leader so far. People just knock him because of Ngata was still on the board.

Edit- Royal also has been a good PB but thats it. I havent got on the internet much to find out Teyo was cut. I didnt say much about Anderson except he is good in the red zone.

Comment

• Buffatexas
        • Aug 2002

[QUOTE=OpIv37]
        QUOTE]

ummm....JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, John Beck, Kevin Kolb and Drew Stanton. All first and second round picks. They saw hardly any playing time. Trent Edwards won the job and performed, thus what MLYNCH23 is saying about Trent being the best in his class thus far is bang on the money.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MLynch23
          A few things. Other than last year, Schobel WAS one of the dominant pass rushers in the NFL. Lynch was number 7 in all around stats. Edwards was true in a weird way. Whitner has been our Defensive leader so far. People just knock him because of Ngata was still on the board.

Edit- Royal also has been a good PB but thats it. I havent got on the internet much to find out Teyo was cut. I didnt say much about Anderson except he is good in the red zone.
          People keep saying Whitner is a defensive leader- why? Where did this come from? Where's the proof? And defensive leader or not, his play and his stats are still awful.

As far as Schobel, a lot of his sacks in those "dominant" years were garbage time sacks that padded his numbers. Plus, his worst year is his most recent.

I think our TE's are terrible. I remember that game against the Colts where Royal got owned by Freeney and gave up the sack that killed our last chance at the game- he's not that great of a blocker. I'm hoping Schouman shows something because the rest of them are worthless.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Buffatexas
            ummm....JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, John Beck, Kevin Kolb and Drew Stanton. All first and second round picks. They saw hardly any playing time. Trent Edwards won the job and performed, thus what MLYNCH23 is saying about Trent being the best in his class thus far is bang on the money.
            best in his class because the rest of those guys rode the pine a lot more than he did.

Anyway, it's irrelevant. It's not Edwards' job to be the best in his class. It's his job to play well enough to help the Bills win. And while I think there's a good chance he'll be a decent QB, the season starts in less than two months and he's still inexperienced. And that is going to hurt us.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

People keep saying Whitner is a defensive leader- why? Where did this come from? Where's the proof? And defensive leader or not, his play and his stats are still awful.

As far as Schobel, a lot of his sacks in those "dominant" years were garbage time sacks that padded his numbers. Plus, his worst year is his most recent.

I think our TE's are terrible. I remember that game against the Colts where Royal got owned by Freeney and gave up the sack that killed our last chance at the game- he's not that great of a blocker. I'm hoping Schouman shows something because the rest of them are worthless.

I don't care if we are losing by 3 in the last drive and he gets a sack or if we are winning by 63 and he gets a sack. A sack is a sack no matter what point in the game.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MLynch23
                I don't care if we are losing by 3 in the last drive and he gets a sack or if we are winning by 63 and he gets a sack. A sack is a sack no matter at what point in the game.
                Not true- if we're winning by a lot and the other team has to pass to catch up, it gives the DE's a huge advantage because they can go right after the QB without having to worry about playing the run. Just because he was able to get a sack late in the 4th when we're up by 3 scores does NOT mean he could have made that same play if the game was tied or if it was the middle of the 2nd quarter.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

I get a bit sick of the "garbage time" sack theory about Schobel. Here's another perspective. How many times during his career has Schobel been able to just tee off because the Bills had a huge lead and the opponent was forced to pass for the entire fourth quarter? Conversely, how often has a team been milking a lead against the Bills during the fourth quarter and running the ball every play? Schobel hasn't been dominant, but he's been pretty damn good. Certainly a lot better than some like to give him credit for.

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

The lack of a coach with top strategical skills will kill this lineup. This team needs a gameplan. When I see this coaching staff actually outcoach anyone I'll jump on the bandwagon, until then I'm not a believer.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Troy Smith?

Comment

• John Doe
                        Florida Man
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                        I get a bit sick of the "garbage time" sack theory about Schobel. Here's another perspective. How many times during his career has Schobel been able to just tee off because the Bills had a huge lead and the opponent was forced to pass for the entire fourth quarter? Conversely, how often has a team been milking a lead against the Bills during the fourth quarter and running the ball every play? Schobel hasn't been dominant, but he's been pretty damn good. Certainly a lot better than some like to give him credit for.
                        Good Post.

And... untill someone does an analysis of all defensive ends and the circumstances behind all of their sacks - then the "Schobel gets a lot of his sacks in garbage time" theory is rubbish itself.

Comment

• Buffatexas
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                          Troy Smith?
                          I thought Smith was in the later rounds

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            • Feb 2008

I thought Smith was in the later rounds

Was but got playing time so I guess he counts.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

the Bills have a few starting positions that are average-below average. if those positions get hit with the injury bug, it could spell immediate trouble. the Bills depth is not really as strong as we Bills fans would like to think.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X