PDA

View Full Version : Hardy Taking Charge

Romes
07-18-2008, 08:28 AM
<table border="0" bordercolor="#09347b" width="95%" cellpadding="10" align="center">

<tr>
<td colspan="2" class="mediumrow" style="border: 1px solid #548bb5;">
<table width=100% style="border-bottom: 1px solid #002D78;"><tr><td align=left><div class="postdate">Today</div></td>
<td align="right" ><div class="postblue">Posted By: <b>Chris Brown</b> | Time: 8:45 AM ET | <span class="storytext" style="font-size: 12px;"><a href="www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3649">Link</a><br></span></div></td>
</tr></table>
<span class="postblue">

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">HARDY TAKING CHARGE: </B>Since <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceType w:st="on">minicamp</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Bills</st1:PlaceName></st1:place> 2<SUP>nd</SUP> round pick James Hardy has taken charge of his public image and lifestyle. Spending a lot of time with Bills safety Donte Whitner this summer and securing the services of the same publicity firm (Tuffluv Productions) Hardy was not only at the United Way participating in their ad campaign for Live United, but he also spent time at Children’s Hospital Wednesday in Buffalo signing autographs and taking photos with the young patients. </P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Trebuchet MS'; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">“I recognize my position as a leader on and off the field. I accept my role of being a positive man; I owe this to my family, fans, the city of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>, and most importantly myself.” said Hardy.</SPAN></P>

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">For more on what has bonded Whitner and Hardy this offseason check out the multimedia section of Buffalobills.com later in the day on Friday. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN></P>
</span>
---
</td>
</tr>
</table>

shelby
07-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Awesome! i'd like to see him stay out of trouble and become a great role model.

Dr. Lecter
07-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Often the best role models are people who had a rough time growing up and have cleaned themselves up and now stay out of trouble.

Romes
07-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Sounds like a good first step.

Mitchy moo
07-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Sweet.

patmoran2006
07-18-2008, 08:47 AM
at least he seemingly cares enough to try. That's a great start.

ddaryl
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
encouraging !!!!

now lets see a dozen red zone TD grabs to round out the image

Saratoga Slim
07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Nice to hear, hope he can continue to mature.

It would be nice to see someone other than just Whitner working with all these young guys.

Night Train
07-18-2008, 09:19 AM
I hope he comes out this season, guns a blazing !

Wait..

Stewie
07-18-2008, 09:26 AM
that's great and all, but if he's not making 3rd down conversions and catching balls in the redzone this year, I don't give a crap

Albany,n.y.
07-18-2008, 09:27 AM
I hope he & Whitner aren't comparing notes on slapping around girlfriends.

Bruce is Loose
07-18-2008, 10:31 AM

It would be nice to see someone other than just Whitner working with all these young guys.

That being said, it sounds like Whitner really is becoming a leader on the team - much different than saying he is a leader. The team really needs more leaders and the more I hear about Whitner the more I seem to think he is really doing all he can to help the team...

I hope he continues to improve on the field as well and can put all the nay-sayers to rest.

patmoran2006
07-18-2008, 10:52 AM
That being said, it sounds like Whitner really is becoming a leader on the team - much different than saying he is a leader. The team really needs more leaders and the more I hear about Whitner the more I seem to think he is really doing all he can to help the team...

I hope he continues to improve on the field as well and can put all the nay-sayers to rest.
People are naysayers because underneath all the great leadership quotes he's had, he's done very little on the field that would make him an impact player.

But that's only to THIS point. 2008 is a new year, so let's hope Whitner steps his game up this year.

TigerJ
07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
at least he seemingly cares enough to try. That's a great start.
One can never predict the long term outcome, but far better to act like he cares at this point than to come in and act like a thug.

Mitchell55
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey maybe we will be hearing on TV, This is james hardy, you dont have to be a bill to make a difference. Sweet, good work hardy.

Tatonka
07-18-2008, 12:37 PM
so was this after he waved a gun at his dad?

Oaf
07-18-2008, 12:45 PM

Indeed. I wonder what the relationship between Hardy/Evans, Hardy/Reed, and Hardy/McGee are like.

justasportsfan
07-18-2008, 12:46 PM
“I recognize my position as a leader on and off the field. I accept my role of being a positive man;

Heeeeeeere's OP !!!!!

OpIv37
07-18-2008, 03:10 PM
please don't start any more threads with the words "Hardy" and "charge" in the title.

Mitchy moo
07-18-2008, 03:51 PM
please don't start any more threads with the words "Hardy" and "charge" in the title.

:respect:

Goobylal
07-18-2008, 07:05 PM
so was this after he waved a gun at his dad?
When did he "wave a gun at dad?"

DrGraves
07-18-2008, 07:40 PM
just catch td's man.

Confused
07-19-2008, 10:02 AM
I hope he comes out guns 'ablazin.
He's a promising young gun

Meathead
07-19-2008, 12:42 PM
:link:

acehole
07-19-2008, 01:24 PM
He will be getting best image and character money can buy.

Makes your eyes swell thinking about how far he has come
from pulling a gun at his dad.

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0>

<TBODY><TR>

<TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2>
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD>
<TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 8:45 AM ET | Link (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3649)

</TD>

</TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HARDY TAKING CHARGE: Since <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceType w:st="on">minicamp</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Bills</st1:PlaceName></st1:place> 2<SUP>nd</SUP> round pick James Hardy has taken charge of his public image and lifestyle. Spending a lot of time with Bills safety Donte Whitner this summer and securing the services of the same publicity firm (Tuffluv Productions) Hardy was not only at the United Way participating in their ad campaign for Live United, but he also spent time at Children’s Hospital Wednesday in Buffalo signing autographs and taking photos with the young patients.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

“I recognize my position as a leader on and off the field. I accept my role of being a positive man; I owe this to my family, fans, the city of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>, and most importantly myself.” said Hardy.

<o:p> </o:p>

For more on what has bonded Whitner and Hardy this offseason check out the multimedia section of Buffalobills.com later in the day on Friday.

---

</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

lordofgun
07-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Wasn't he in the car with Marshawn?

Goobylal
07-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Wasn't he in the car with Marshawn?
Nope. The only other guy in the car was Steve Johnson. But even if he were, would it make a difference? He wasn't driving. And if it does make a difference, why isn't anyone calling Johnson a thug?

Romes
07-19-2008, 09:20 PM
:link:

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

njsue
07-19-2008, 10:15 PM
I hope he turns out to be a dangerous weapon for Trent to use.