I think there is a problem with Rivet?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

I think there is a problem with Rivet?....

So were is Rivet, he hasnt passed a phyiscal yet, he hasnt been in Buffalo yet, he hasnt been interveiwed at all by the media, his agent and himself have not returned calls to the Sabres according to a friend of mine who works in the media, we havent heard from him at all on the internet or papers Please someone tell me i am worng and we didnt trade for someone who has no intention of playing here

I was told he is in the middle of building a house in SJ and is mad that he got traded all speculation and here say but can anyone prove my firend wrong?

Man i hate our FO one mistake after the other, be prepared everyone we got like 17 FAs, for 09-10 season

Looks like we are developing players again for the rest of the NHL
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: I think there is a problem with Rivet?....

Originally posted by bigbub2352
    So were is Rivet, he hasnt passed a phyiscal yet, he hasnt been in Buffalo yet, he hasnt been interveiwed at all by the media, his agent and himself have not returned calls to the Sabres according to a friend of mine who works in the media,

Link??

It's July 18. I'll worry on Sept. 18.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

As a side note, most teams in the NHL only have 5 or fewer players signed past 2009-10 so it is not a panic issue.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        As a side note, most teams in the NHL only have 5 or fewer players signed past 2009-10 so it is not a panic issue.
        And I don't forsee this changing. I think teams will end up signing core and young platers and probably have no more than 6-8 players under contract for more than three years. It wouldn't surprise me if teams go into offseason with just 8-10 players signed for that year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

It should be a little concering for the Sabres brass and fanbase if indeed this is all true.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

I have no link this is pure speculation by myself, and my friend in the media, but the obvious is that Rivet has not spoken publicly or been here or media questioned **** he wasnt even interveiwed on wgr55, so it is concerning wether my guy knows what he is talking about or not Rivet has been non exsistent
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

This all sounds like horse **** and made up.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

I have no link this is pure speculation by myself, and my friend in the media, but the obvious is that Rivet has not spoken publicly or been here or media questioned **** he wasnt even interveiwed on wgr55, so it is concerning wether my guy knows what he is talking about or not Rivet has been non exsistent
                Hey! I have a rich friend too!

D & S Sports

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  This all sounds like horse **** and made up.
                  I have been posting for a long time on this site, i dont post anything made up, keep ur stupid comments to your self, i told u it is speculation

Please go ahead and find me a link or anything a news cliping, that has a media interveiw, anything at all that has Rivet being introduced as a sabre, did an interveiw, or has even been quoted as to how he feels about being a sabre or the trade or coming to buffalo

I clearly stated were i was coming from sorry it isnt good happy news, but it should concern everyone that the team hasnt introduced him yet considering we traded for him weeks ago

please find a link anything
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                    Hey! I have a rich friend too!
                    Wow reading must be hard huh, he is a friend of mine that works in the media, he makes like 35,000 a year this is speculation and things he has heard crossing his desk, wow i forgot things like that cant be true
                    nice try
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
                      • Sep 2004

So were is Rivet, he hasnt passed a phyiscal yet, he hasnt been in Buffalo yet, he hasnt been interveiwed at all by the media, his agent and himself have not returned calls to the Sabres according to a friend of mine who works in the media, we havent heard from him at all on the internet or papers Please someone tell me i am worng and we didnt trade for someone who has no intention of playing here

I was told he is in the middle of building a house in SJ and is mad that he got traded all speculation and here say but can anyone prove my firend wrong?

Man i hate our FO one mistake after the other, be prepared everyone we got like 17 FAs, for 09-10 season

Looks like we are developing players again for the rest of the NHL

Really? What have they done this off-season to upset you?

And suppose it's true about Rivet. How exactly is that the Sabres FO fault?

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I'm not even going to comment on this until there's a link or something to verify it.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          Really? What have they done this off-season to upset you?

And suppose it's true about Rivet. How exactly is that the Sabres FO fault?
                          They didnt sign anyone to help out are small and weak Forwards, that got pushed around last year with alarming regualrity, they traded Campbell for tyler Ennis, they traded for a player that mite not want to be here, they went after no one in FA to help our back end that is again weak and gets pushed around with alraming regularity
                          they only signed Paille to a 2 yr deal instead of locking him up like the rest of the NHL does with young stud forwards,

They are interested in signing Teppo, which is good money spent on a 40 yr old D who was thrown around in the playoffs when he was healthy

They keep players who underacheive them let them walk for nothing after over paying for there service ala Kahlinin,
                          They keep paying Tim Connolly and max good money when all they do is play half a season
                          They keep a player like Kotalick who will score 10 goals in 10 games then nothing for 35 games then scores 5 goeals in 5 games, then nothing for 30 games and them scores a couple more and never throws a check all season

But dont go after a player like roloston, orpik etc

And sign a mediocore goalie to be the top 4 paid goalies in the league

Sorry miller isnt the answer
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            I'm not even going to comment on this until there's a link or something to verify it.
                            Wow find me a link that states he has reported or even stepped foot in buffao, i said no link pure specualtion, i am not stating this is truth i am stating that this is a rumer i heard nothing more, but i can say this the other day someone called into WGR55 and asked about Rivet to Schop and the bulldog and they confirmed that the buffalo media has not have there calls returned by his agent or him to do an interveiw

sorry guys, not trying to act like i know something others dont, just saying i have followed the sabres a long time and any time we trade for someone they are interveiwed and introduced by the franchise Rivet hasnt been
                            U do the math we traded for him weeks ago
                            They didnt even post a reaction in SJ form him

U tell me
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

They didnt sign anyone to help out are small and weak Forwards, that got pushed around last year with alarming regualrity, they traded Campbell for tyler Ennis, they traded for a player that mite not want to be here, they went after no one in FA to help our back end that is again weak and gets pushed around with alraming regularity
                              they only signed Paille to a 2 yr deal instead of locking him up like the rest of the NHL does with young stud forwards,

They are interested in signing Teppo, which is good money spent on a 40 yr old D who was thrown around in the playoffs when he was healthy

They keep players who underacheive them let them walk for nothing after over paying for there service ala Kahlinin,
                              They keep paying Tim Connolly and max good money when all they do is play half a season
                              They keep a player like Kotalick who will score 10 goals in 10 games then nothing for 35 games then scores 5 goeals in 5 games, then nothing for 30 games and them scores a couple more and never throws a check all season

But dont go after a player like roloston, orpik etc

And sign a mediocore goalie to be the top 4 paid goalies in the league

Sorry miller isnt the answer
                              If you even tell me that the Sabres should've thrown money at Campbell the way Chicago you are INSANE.

They essentially traded him to get value before letting him walk and in essence got Rivet out of the whole deal.

They signed Paille, a third line guy, to a VERY GOOD deal for someone of his production. Do the homework. Guys that produced like him last year got double what he got. And he will be an RFA at the end to the ball is still the Sabres court. Smart move.

I haven't heard any word that they are going to sign Teppo, but for 1mil per year I would gladly take it for 50 or so games.

There isn't much they can do right now about Max or TC because they are under contract. They awarded those guys after a good season and rightfully so. If TC can actually stay healthy it will be a bargain for the amount of money they are paying him.

Mediocre goalie? Get real.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X