PDA

View Full Version : Miller 5yrs 31.25

User Manuel
07-18-2008, 11:42 AM
as per TSN.ca

Philagape
07-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Good deal.

SEE I SAID SOMETHING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!

hydro
07-18-2008, 11:46 AM
That is a helluva deal!

THATHURMANATOR
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Good deal.

:hi5: !!! LOLOLOLOL

RockStar36
07-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Good deal.

See, I knew I saw a full moon last night.

Michael82
07-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Holy ****! That's a very good deal! Maybe all the stuff about Ryan Miller wanting to get paid or he was gone was BS. It appears he likes it in Buffalo and wants to stay here. I'm glad we got a player like him. Don't get me wrong, It's still over $6 million and is overpaid a tiny bit right now, but in 2 years....it'll be a bargain, just like Vanek's contract will be. :up:

Nice job, Darcy! :bf1:

RockStar36
07-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Holy ****! That's a very good deal! Maybe all the stuff about Ryan Miller wanting to get paid or he was gone was BS. It appears he likes it in Buffalo and wants to stay here. I'm glad we got a player like him. Don't get me wrong, It's still over $6 million and is a bit much right now, but in 2 years....it'll be a bargain, just like Vanek's contract will be. :up:

Nice job, Darcy! :bf1:

Or maybe all that stuff was started up by people who get bored in the off-season?

I'm telling you. Have faith in Darcy. The Rivet trade, the Miller signing, the Paille signing... All excellent moves.

Dr. Lecter
07-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Good deal.

I just wrote this down on my calendar!

Today: My comapny gets sold and Philagape and Op say something positive!

Michael82
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Or maybe all that stuff was started up by people who get bored in the off-season?

I'm telling you. Have faith in Darcy. The Rivet trade, the Miller signing, the Paille signing... All excellent moves.

All very good moves, but I still hope they aren't done. I expect Jason Pominville to get a new deal before the season and I also want another defenseman brought in here, and hopefully Max gets traded.... :pray:

Dr. Lecter
07-18-2008, 12:06 PM
I knew he would not get 7 million per...........

RockStar36
07-18-2008, 12:09 PM
All very good moves, but I still hope they aren't done. I expect Jason Pominville to get a new deal before the season and I also want another defenseman brought in here, and hopefully Max gets traded.... :pray:

Well don't get all mad if they don't get Pommer before the season. He isn't in the same exact situation as Miller. Although I do want them to sign Pommer I won't get bent out of shape about it. The whole Miller thing was great and honestly maybe more than I thought would happen. I almost for sure thought Miller would want to test the market.

Michael82
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Well don't get all mad if they don't get Pommer before the season. He isn't in the same exact situation as Miller. Although I do want them to sign Pommer I won't get bent out of shape about it. The whole Miller thing was great and honestly maybe more than I thought would happen. I almost for sure thought Miller would want to test the market.
I expected Miller to get a new contract, I just thought it would be for more money. Like Mike Schopp says...the Sabres knew that they had to lock up Ryan Miller or really piss off their fans. I'm not surprised at all and would have actually been more surprised if he didn't get a new deal.

As for Pominville, I hope that he gets a new deal before the season, or at least before the end of the season. I don't want to see him hit the RFA market, he would get a contract like Vanek and that would be nuts.

RockStar36
07-18-2008, 12:15 PM
I have no doubt that they are going to do everything in their power to lock him up. They could be working on it now for all we know.

Mr. Pink
07-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Shouldn't have got anything more than 5.

If I'm Marc Andre Fleury, I'm pissed I didn't wait a couple weeks to use this deal as leverage to get more dollars.

Dr. Lecter
07-18-2008, 12:19 PM
They are talking to Pominville, as per Darcy's PC.

RockStar36
07-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Shouldn't have got anything more than 5.

If I'm Marc Andre Fleury, I'm pissed I didn't wait a couple weeks to use this deal as leverage to get more dollars.

The fact that Fleury blew off arbitration and signed the deal so early either tells me A) money means nothing to the guy, B) he is so loyal to Pittsburgh that he will do everything he can to stay there, or C) he has taken too many pucks to the head.

Mitchy moo
07-18-2008, 01:10 PM
:bf1:

raphael120
07-19-2008, 01:28 AM
The fact that Fleury blew off arbitration and signed the deal so early either tells me A) money means nothing to the guy, B) he is so loyal to Pittsburgh that he will do everything he can to stay there, or C) he has taken too many pucks to the head.

Miller is 28, I believe Fluery is barely old enough to drink. I think that has a lot to do with the contract numbers.

Ebenezer
07-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Miller is 28, I believe Fluery is barely old enough to drink. I think that has a lot to do with the contract numbers.
Was Fleury only going to be an RFA where Miller was going to be a UFA?

PUCKER
07-20-2008, 11:30 PM
:clap: