PDA

View Full Version : inside slant from cbs

djjimkelly
07-20-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/10901021

now that first line should be the thing that alarms bills fans the most.

its also not a coincidence that in those 9 years the bills have not resigned 1 and im dead serious NOT 1 1st round pick of our own.

GO figure we have been rebuilding for 9 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raphael120
07-20-2008, 12:07 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/10901021

now that first line should be the thing that alarms bills fans the most.

its also not a coincidence that in those 9 years the bills have not resigned 1 and im dead serious NOT 1 1st round pick of our own.

GO figure we have been rebuilding for 9 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well you got to look at our previous first round draft picks.

JP Losman...yeah, no thanks.
Lee Evans...it looks like he'll be the first in a long time to be resigned.
McGahee...again, no thanks.
Clements...overpaid so called "shut down" corner. NO way we were going to pay him what he got, no loss there.
Eric Flowers...Mike Williams...bust a bust.

It's more that our previous first rounders have not been worthy of their draft pick rather than the Bills being cheap or not able to resign them.

We'll see how well Donte, McCargo, McKelvin, and Lynch turn out but so far Lynch is the only one who looks worthy of their draft position.

djjimkelly
07-20-2008, 12:13 PM
id still add in winfield into that list.

however with players like winfield and clements the bills could have been proactive.

i also have a feeling all the turmoil in our front office and head coaching position has alot to do with this trend.

new coaches and GM want their own men the prob is none of them are ever around long enough to have a chance to resign anyone since the polian/butler era.

and i do believe continuity would have changed this trend alot of the last lets call it 10 years.

i dont want to turn into a bash jauron thread i know ive done that enough. and i expect the head coach to change again this next offseason. so this trend might continue.

evans will be the exception then i think it starts again

justasportsfan
07-21-2008, 10:18 AM
"I'm a big believer that you better believe you can win," Jauron said. "You better believe it, or you have no chance.

:bf1:

So do I.

Mitchy moo
07-21-2008, 10:20 AM
:bf1:

So do I.

Can a corpse actually win anything?

justasportsfan
07-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Can a corpse actually win anything?
I don't know. I'm just a fan of what he said.

djjimkelly
07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't know. I'm just a fan of what he said.

im a fan of the line too however i can think of many games where he didnt coach to win over the last 2 years

justasportsfan
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
im a fan of the line too however i can think of many games where he didnt coach to win over the last 2 years
The jury is still out on Dick. He has this year to win me over.

What he said applies to David vs. Goliath. Believing you can win gives you a chance where there wasn't any. It's probably reason why we were in it inspite of the injuries. We weren't good anyways to begin with with ours starters, but our back ups believing they could win was why we went 7-9 instead of 4-12

Mr. Pink
07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
i dont want to turn into a bash jauron thread i know ive done that enough. and i expect the head coach to change again this next offseason. so this trend might continue.

Yet, you still did.