PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor traded to the Redskins

W1DER1GHT
07-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Just saw it on ESPNnews, for a 2nd in 09 and a 6th in 2010.

link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3497625

Night Train
07-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Snyder is collecting toys again. But Taylor is still excellent.

Why do I get the feeling this Miami thingy will not go well for Parcells.

shelby
07-20-2008, 06:18 PM
:lolpoint:Big Tuna!

LtFinFan66
07-20-2008, 06:21 PM

Why do I get the feeling this Miami thingy will not go well for Parcells.I think it is good trade. We need to build from the ground up and the draft is how you do it. If JT doesn't want to be in Miami, this is a good move. Don't need any lockeroom issues.

Thanks for all the great years JT:clap:

Romes
07-20-2008, 06:29 PM
At Taylor's age a 2nd round pick is very good value. Good deal for both sides.

SquishDaFish
07-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Good deal for both ends. Great job holding out for that trade Tuna

DraftBoy
07-20-2008, 07:16 PM
I think Miami got better value for Taylor, but Washington gets a very good DE.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-20-2008, 07:17 PM
I am very happy to see him gone.......

!Papacrunk!
07-20-2008, 07:22 PM
End of an era w/ Thomas and Taylor gone. With Taylor gone, I bet Matt Light and Tom Brady is absolutely ecstatic! No one can blame these hard decisions on Parcells--it's not like I'm anointing sainthood to him, but it's because of the previous regimes that used bandaids and pissed away the future with bad managing of personnel that has placed the team in their current position.

It's sad to see such a perennial force on defense go, but the writing was on the wall and at least Ireland kept strong and didn't give him away for cheap.

Coach Sal
07-20-2008, 07:27 PM
At Taylor's age a 2nd round pick is very good value. Good deal for both sides.

Absolutely.

Good value for a team that needs picks and is rebuilding.

But also, the Skins lost two DEs today for the season during practice. One was a starter - Phillip Daniels - and he's actually OLDER than Taylor and not as good.

njsue
07-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Parcells was itching to get rid of Jason Taylor for a while.

So glad he is out the AFC EAST! :D

SABURZFAN
07-20-2008, 07:57 PM
good trade for both teams. i'm glad Taylor is out of the conference.

BADTHINGSMAN
07-20-2008, 08:09 PM

Ditto!!

dolphan117
07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
At Taylor's age a 2nd round pick is very good value. Good deal for both sides.Agreed, we are rebuilding and JT was hinting he was only going to play one more year if he stayed in Miami. Actually not hinting he flat out said it. No reason for him to play his final season or two on a team that's rebuilding, and no reason for us to pay him lots of money to do it. Far more value for us to get a second round pick then even a very good year from a DE/LB.

The only thing that makes me scratch my head about this is that according to the Skins Gm he is going to be playing LDE, a position that he has never played on more then a rotational/match-up basis. I just dont know if he is going to be able to hold the edge in the run game there.

That being said he is going to feel tremendous pressure from fans and the media to prove that he was worth the trade so I imagine he is going to be playing at 100% pretty much all the time so I could see him having a very good season... As long as they rotate a lot. Its doomed to failure IMO if they park him LDE and expect him to hold up the whole year their as an every down guy.

Bling
07-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Miami definitely got the better end so far (assuming the 2nd rounder turns out to be a starter. Starter for 10 years > JT for 2 more years)

OpIv37
07-20-2008, 09:54 PM

Initially I had the same thought, but then I remembered that it didn't really matter because Jason Peters made Taylor his ***** ever since he took over at LT.

Anyway, Taylor's still got a little left in the tank and he'll help Washington. Considering we don't play Washington again until 2011, there's a good chance he's played his last game against Buffalo.

Ickybaluky
07-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Good trade for both teams, IMO.

Miami is rebuilding, so the draft pick is valuable.

Washington was weak at DE even before Daniels was hurt, and JT provides a big upgrade. Taylor is still one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, with 11 sacks last year and 36.5 over the last 3 seasons.

trapezeus
07-20-2008, 11:17 PM
i thought taylor wanted to go with a team that had a chance? the redskins? that's a head scratcher. he could have played with little effort collecting the same paycheck and living in miami.

Mike13
07-21-2008, 07:42 AM

Why do I get the feeling this Miami thingy will not go well for Parcells.

Why do get the feeling this Buffalo thingy wont go well for Juaron?
Because we root for rival teams.