PDA

View Full Version : kiper on sportcenter... talked about the big men

Tatonka
04-23-2003, 11:16 PM
kiper was just on sportcenter... and he went over the class of D linemen, DTs and DEs..

he said that McDougal will look good in buffalo at #23. he said Mcdougal has short arms but is one of the best natural pass rushers.

the haynes highlights looked good as well.. i didnt realize that haynes has 15 sacks and SEVEN forced fumbles.

notable... he never even mentioned rein long's name... this guy went from top 10 to hoping for the second round.. amazing what a couple bad workouts do.. but his production looks so good in college. the guy had 13 sacks for a DT!! and 21 Tackles for a loss.. that is ridiculous.. he would be such a good compliment to williams and adams i think.

showed clips of redding and kelsay as well.. kelsay reminds me of schobel. at least the film i just saw.

it was nice to see clips of all the guys i have been reading about for months now.

that kid from kentucky looked frigging ridiculous too.. they showed the most highlights of him.. tons of tackles for a loss.. which is as good as a sack to me..

he also went over the Offensive line as well.. he said faine is a beast, but may make it to the second round. he also said their are 2 other centers that are worthy of 2nd round picks.. but i cant think of them offhand.. Al something.. anyways.. he went on to point out several NFL centers that are dominant that were from the 2nd round.

just thought i would share what i saw..

Ingtar33
04-23-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he said that McDougal will look good in buffalo at #23. he said Mcdougal has short arms but is one of the best natural pass rushers.

:help: eew... me and Mel K agree 100%

Ingtar33 :puke: Mel K

Tatonka
04-23-2003, 11:45 PM
hmm.. you know.. i have never seen you and mel kiper in the same room either.. odd...

:scratch:

Dicknoze69
04-23-2003, 11:51 PM
the two centers Mel mentioned were Al Johnson from Wisconsin and Bruce Nelson from Iowa

Tatonka
04-23-2003, 11:53 PM
thanks bud.. i knew the names.. just had too much in my head atm..

Brian H
04-23-2003, 11:57 PM
Im watching him now on NFL 2Night and he was just asked a question.The question was"Who would you want running your NFL Draft?" and he replied you guessed it Tom Donahoe...:bf1:

kgun12
04-24-2003, 12:05 AM
T. Haynes also had something like 86 tackles to go along with those sacks

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 12:07 AM
like i said.. i just have this courtney brown fear in my head..

i am sure he will be fine.. he just seems to have the least amount of upside compaired to the other options at DE>

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 12:07 AM
hey ing.. didnt they say Hugh Douglas had short arms when he came out?

BillsMan80
04-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Ingtar, great minds think alike.:D

Folks, I think Haynes numbers were greatly skewed by the talent around him. Kennedy and Adams did much more for Haynes. Haynes and that talent was on the field constantly, while McDougle and the Hurricanes had so much talent on the DL that McDougle would have had better numbers had he played more. Just think of the talent on Miami's line...Vince Wilfork, Matt Walters, William Joseph, Jerome McDougle, Andrew Williams, Jamaal Green. That's just 6. Amazing talent.

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 12:11 AM
so how are mcdougal's numbers not scewed by talent around him them? you just named 6 great lineman that they have..

just playing devils advocate here..

Ingtar33
04-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah Hugh has short arms... he also looks like a clone of McDougal (in both style and speed)

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 12:16 AM
so you predicting similar results when mcdougal hits the nfl gridiron?

RedEyE
04-24-2003, 12:19 AM
So your saying that he's built like a T-Rex?

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/tgifs/Trexboxing.GIF

Ingtar33
04-24-2003, 12:23 AM
I hope... you never know, I told my GM that I thought so, but in all honesty nothing is that predictable. A guy can be an actual clone of another, and if he ends up in a different situation then he could have another career. If he doesn't have Douglas's drive he'll never be Hugh, but if he does, and ends up with a team that helps him transition, than he will be... maybe even better.

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 12:31 AM
:drool: at the thought of having a young hugh on our team.

Ingtar33
04-24-2003, 12:41 AM
you see why I had him "top ranked" on my pre draft review...

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 12:45 AM
:hail: ingtar

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 07:54 AM
after going back and looking at your first round guys on your draft review ing.. you had listed

1. mcdougal
2. warren
3. mathis
4. peterson

i think i would take them in this order (not to imply that you had them in a bad order)

mcdougal, mathis, peterson, warren

it would be amazing if mathis or clarke could fall to the second round.. but i am not hopeful

The Spaz
04-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Would you take Rien Long in the 2nd round? That is a question. Go Bills!

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 08:32 AM
I was watching NFL tonight last night, and they asked "who do you want running your draft" and Mel said none other than our own TD.

Ingtar33
04-24-2003, 09:14 AM
Yes, I'd take Rien Long in the second (in a heartbeat)... but he won’t make it past Houston.

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 10:28 AM
sure he could make it past houston if some bad picks sneak into the first round and move other good players down..

i think my list of guys i really want in the first 2 rounds.. in any combo are..

mcdougal
mathis
clark
washington
long
chawn thompson

Earthquake Enyart
04-24-2003, 10:44 AM
We already have Rien Long. His name is Justin Bannan.

No thanks.

The Spaz
04-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Come on now Rien Long isn't Justin Bannan. Bannan wasn't projected to go in the 1st round. Long has just had bad workouts and people are worried about his injury problems as well they should be. Bottom Long has more talent than Bannan. Go Bills!

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
We already have Rien Long. His name is Justin Bannan.

No thanks.

that is one of the worst comparisions i have seen in a while.. the only reason you would even think that is that they are both white lineman... their games are totally different..

bannan was a run stuffing dt who is a bit undersized and projected for a day 2 pick

long is a well sized guy with room to put on more weight.. he is a penatrating pass rushing DT that had 13 sacks and 21 tackles for a loss last year.. and he was a junior.

have you ever seen either play? :scratch:

i also think one thing you will see from long is the fact that he knows he could have been a high first rounder, had he worked out well, but he probably wont get taken until the 2nd round now.. so he will have the preverbial "chip on the shoulder" and try to show he should have been a top pick.

Ingtar33
04-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Don't forget, Long didn't work out "bad", he just worked out OK... didn't blow any doors off. There is a reason for that; he needs a knee op before he can put on the pads.

Brian H
04-24-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Brian H
Im watching him now on NFL 2Night and he was just asked a question.The question was"Who would you want running your NFL Draft?" and he replied you guessed it Tom Donahoe...:bf1:

Originally posted by venis2k1
I was watching NFL tonight last night, and they asked "who do you want running your draft" and Mel said none other than our own TD.

:lolpoint: venis

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 02:22 PM
so long wont be any good for this year ing?

Ingtar33
04-24-2003, 02:31 PM
From what I've heard the surgery would sideline him for 2 or 3 months... its sort of minor, so if he goes out right after the draft and gets it done, he should be ready for training camp.

TigerJ
04-24-2003, 09:39 PM
I agree Long is NOT another Justin Bannan. He'd be a great value in round two. Does Ingtar know something? "He won't make in past Houston." Hmm.

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 11:02 PM
i thought the same thing J

Ingtar33
04-24-2003, 11:12 PM
:rolleyes:

Actually, I was kicking myself for saying that... its not entirely true, Houston is just as likely (maybe even more likely) to draft a RB.

Although on the topic of DTs… this Robertson thing is hilarious. He isn’t half the player Kennedy is, I’m actually hoping the Pats trade up to waste a pick on him… and will probably struggle next year... I can promise you BB’s scouting department is telling him the same thing, he just is kind of pig headed sometimes.

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 11:14 PM
you seem to know alot about what houston may do .. hmmmm

:snicker:

:scratch:

The Spaz
04-24-2003, 11:18 PM
You work for the Texans?J/K That sucks. You better of done your homework on offensive linemen...lol:)!

Ingtar33
04-24-2003, 11:35 PM
hmmm... I'm fairly sure anyone could figure out who I work for... just figure out who (over the course of the last season) I would advocate drafting (and I don't mean in the Bills draft guide)... and see what team takes those guys. I can definitively tell you many things I've posted over the past year pretty much preclude me from the Texans, Bills, Detroit and Cinci. ;)

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 11:44 PM
ok.. well i am not that bright.. so just pm me the answer.. cuz i cant figure it out for the life of me.. and it drives me crazy!! :D