X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

kiper on sportcenter... talked about the big men

kiper was just on sportcenter... and he went over the class of D linemen, DTs and DEs..

he said that McDougal will look good in buffalo at #23. he said Mcdougal has short arms but is one of the best natural pass rushers.

the haynes highlights looked good as well.. i didnt realize that haynes has 15 sacks and SEVEN forced fumbles.

notable... he never even mentioned rein long's name... this guy went from top 10 to hoping for the second round.. amazing what a couple bad workouts do.. but his production looks so good in college. the guy had 13 sacks for a DT!! and 21 Tackles for a loss.. that is ridiculous.. he would be such a good compliment to williams and adams i think.

showed clips of redding and kelsay as well.. kelsay reminds me of schobel. at least the film i just saw.

it was nice to see clips of all the guys i have been reading about for months now.

that kid from kentucky looked frigging ridiculous too.. they showed the most highlights of him.. tons of tackles for a loss.. which is as good as a sack to me..

he also went over the Offensive line as well.. he said faine is a beast, but may make it to the second round. he also said their are 2 other centers that are worthy of 2nd round picks.. but i cant think of them offhand.. Al something.. anyways.. he went on to point out several NFL centers that are dominant that were from the 2nd round.

just thought i would share what i saw..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: kiper on sportcenter... talked about the big men

Originally posted by Tatonka
    he said that McDougal will look good in buffalo at #23. he said Mcdougal has short arms but is one of the best natural pass rushers.
    eew... me and Mel K agree 100%

Ingtar33 Mel K
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

hmm.. you know.. i have never seen you and mel kiper in the same room either.. odd...

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

the two centers Mel mentioned were Al Johnson from Wisconsin and Bruce Nelson from Iowa

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

thanks bud.. i knew the names.. just had too much in my head atm..

Comment

• Brian H
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Nov 2002

Im watching him now on NFL 2Night and he was just asked a question.The question was"Who would you want running your NFL Draft?" and he replied you guessed it Tom Donahoe...
            ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

T. Haynes also had something like 86 tackles to go along with those sacks
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

like i said.. i just have this courtney brown fear in my head..

i am sure he will be fine.. he just seems to have the least amount of upside compaired to the other options at DE>

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

hey ing.. didnt they say Hugh Douglas had short arms when he came out?

Comment

• BillsMan80
                    Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                    • Jul 2002

Ingtar, great minds think alike.

Folks, I think Haynes numbers were greatly skewed by the talent around him. Kennedy and Adams did much more for Haynes. Haynes and that talent was on the field constantly, while McDougle and the Hurricanes had so much talent on the DL that McDougle would have had better numbers had he played more. Just think of the talent on Miami's line...Vince Wilfork, Matt Walters, William Joseph, Jerome McDougle, Andrew Williams, Jamaal Green. That's just 6. Amazing talent.
                    The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

so how are mcdougal's numbers not scewed by talent around him them? you just named 6 great lineman that they have..

just playing devils advocate here..

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

Yeah Hugh has short arms... he also looks like a clone of McDougal (in both style and speed)
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

so you predicting similar results when mcdougal hits the nfl gridiron?

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

So your saying that he's built like a T-Rex?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

I hope... you never know, I told my GM that I thought so, but in all honesty nothing is that predictable. A guy can be an actual clone of another, and if he ends up in a different situation then he could have another career. If he doesn't have Douglas's drive he'll never be Hugh, but if he does, and ends up with a team that helps him transition, than he will be... maybe even better.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X