PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Everett wins ESPY

Al the Bills Fan
07-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Man was it great to see Kevin walk up to the podium and accept the Coach Valvano Preservence Award!

Way to go!

trapezeus
07-20-2008, 11:14 PM
he thanked his hometown, but no love for buffalo. i see how it is.....JK

Bling
07-20-2008, 11:16 PM
he thanked his hometown, but no love for buffalo. i see how it is.....JK

Bad joke :::

trapezeus
07-20-2008, 11:18 PM
come on. he's doing well. it's one thing to mock someone who got the bad end of the deal, but everett's making a full recovery and is inspirational.

RingofFire
07-21-2008, 02:23 AM
Didn't Bills cut him?

mikemac2001
07-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Didn't Bills cut him?

So he could get the disability package for NFL players hurt and unable to play again...im not sure what the real term is but thats why they cut him (and he cant play again not gonna give him roster spot forever)

Congrats KE

On Full Recovery and Being a role model

shelby
07-21-2008, 04:50 AM
:bf1:

HHURRICANE
07-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Sorry, but I watched it last night and to be honest not thanking the Bills who saved his life is kind of a slap in the face.

Yes, it was inspirational but if he had been on any other team they would be rolling him out in a wheelchair.

THATHURMANATOR
07-21-2008, 08:01 AM
I could care less either way.

bigbub2352
07-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Sorry, but I watched it last night and to be honest not thanking the Bills who saved his life is kind of a slap in the face.

Yes, it was inspirational but if he had been on any other team they would be rolling him out in a wheelchair.

Couldnt agree more, sorry Cappacino was in attendance and he didnt thank him and not thanking the hospital and the fans of Buffalo was truly classless
i agree 100%
Funny part about this is that the injury gave him a career now, because he was a complete bust as a player and if we had a good team last year he wouldnt even have made the team

Now he is cashing in on his injury a truly sad world we live in

FlyingDutchman
07-21-2008, 09:05 AM

Sure the training staff did a good job with first response treatment. But his own will and the staff at the medical center in Florida are responsible for his recovery. I dont know how you can say the Bills are the ones responsible for his situation today. At the same time, I do understand how people can be upset he didnt give a little kodos to the fans and staff of buffalo for the support, but oh well, id like to see one of us speak national tv and also stand in front of every major athlete in the world, and see if you remember everything you want to say.

trapezeus
07-21-2008, 10:45 AM
3x5 note card works for most people, regardless of crowd size.

FlyingDutchman
07-21-2008, 10:55 AM
ohh please

Bulldog
07-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Sure the training staff did a good job with first response treatment. But his own will and the staff at the medical center in Florida are responsible for his recovery.

Had it not been for the treatment that he received immediately after the injury, none of this would even be possible. Not only did the staff allow him to have a complete recovery, they saved his life. So thanking Cappacino is the least that Everett could have done.

bigbub2352
07-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Sure the training staff did a good job with first response treatment. But his own will and the staff at the medical center in Florida are responsible for his recovery. I dont know how you can say the Bills are the ones responsible for his situation today. At the same time, I do understand how people can be upset he didnt give a little kodos to the fans and staff of buffalo for the support, but oh well, id like to see one of us speak national tv and also stand in front of every major athlete in the world, and see if you remember everything you want to say.

He wouldnt have a recovery if it werent for the fast actions taken by cappacino and the Bills training staff, we have world reknown care here, and that is why he is truly not in a wheelchair, Sorry i dont remember him going to FLA, i thought he went from here to Texas, and the only reason he went to Texas was to be closer to his family not cause of there awesome Rehab, he would have got the same care here,

Also the Bills Organization gave there full support as well as all the fans that sent letters to him and stood in lines to get his book here as well as the emails and the tributes the Bills Organization gave him and he was a mere back up and he also now has a Golf Tournament that he gets a cut from

I hate to say it but he has done nothing but cash in since his injury, Thank God he is walking again, but he really messed up not thanking the right people in front of a huge national audiance

Especially with the Doc in the Audiance

yordad
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
I think both "arguments" are valid. He could have thanked Buffalo. He could have forgot.

If you would ask him, I'm sure he would tell you he personally would be better off bagging groceries fully healthy.

All I can add is :clap:

HHURRICANE
07-21-2008, 12:56 PM

My father-in-law is a physician at the Millard. There is so much to this story you don't know including some neuro-surgeons that didn't feel the need to be recognized nationally.

The guy lived because they had just practiced this scenario the week before. He wouldn't be walking if it had happened in any other city.

The guy needed to bring some note cards and make sure that the city got thanked.

Tim Russert did a better job of thanking Buffalo in death than this kid did in living. How sad and ironic.

bigbub2352
07-21-2008, 01:31 PM
My father-in-law is a physician at the Millard. There is so much to this story you don't know including some neuro-surgeons that didn't feel the need to be recognized nationally.

The guy lived because they had just practiced this scenario the week before. He wouldn't be walking if it had happened in any other city.

The guy needed to bring some note cards and make sure that the city got thanked.

Tim Russert did a better job of thanking Buffalo in death than this kid did in living. How sad and ironic.

Again couldnt agree more, i dont want to bash the kid, but he is gonna make more money off his injury then he probably would have playing cause in my opinion this was his last year in the NFL.

I am glad all worked out but he needs to remember who truly saved his life and also who came to him with thoughts and prayers for the weeks he spent here in the most important and delicate time of his recovery

Sorry take your ignorance back to the "U" were it belongs, and show some class

Carlton Bailey
07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
It's entirely possible that Everett was so nervous at the podium that everything he originally had in his mind simply wandered elsewhere. He alluded to being really nervous, so there's a good chance he was simply too flustered to thank everyone. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten the medical staff or Bills fans for their support.

Michael82
07-21-2008, 02:03 PM
I just watched it and I got a little choked up seeing him walk to the podium to receive the award, but I was also disappointed in his speech. Sure he was nervous, but he seemed to thank Houston and all that more than anyone in Buffalo who was the main reason why he wasn't paralyzed. I don't mind him forgetting about the fans, but at the very least...thank Cappacino, who was in the audience. And maybe "all the doctors at Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital who took care of me" How about Ralph Wilson for making sure that he was well taken care of with the hospital bills and then releasing him so he could get all the retirement benefits....

HHURRICANE
07-21-2008, 02:03 PM
It's entirely possible that Everett was so nervous at the podium that everything he originally had in his mind simply wandered elsewhere. He alluded to being really nervous, so there's a good chance he was simply too flustered to thank everyone. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten the medical staff or Bills fans for their support.

"I would first like to thank Buffalo and the Bills organization for their quick response and great medical care that made my recovery possible."

Sorry, I'm out of excuses for this guy. Good luck Kevin but I've wasted enough time on you.

Michael82
07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
I agree, but like someone said...couldn't he have had the few names from Buffalo on his index card?

bigbub2352
07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
I just watched it and I got a little choked up seeing him walk to the podium to receive the award, but I was also disappointed in his speech. Sure he was nervous, but he seemed to thank Houston and all that more than anyone in Buffalo who was the main reason why he wasn't paralyzed. I don't mind him forgetting about the fans, but at the very least...thank Cappacino, who was in the audience. And maybe "all the doctors at Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital who took care of me" How about Ralph Wilson for making sure that he was well taken care of with the hospital bills and then releasing him so he could get all the retirement benefits....

Yeah those benefits are like 275,000 a year for the rest of his life, like i said before i truly believed he would have been cut if we had some talent at the TE position so good for him, hope he lives the rest of his days well, But thank the people who truly got u there

Oaf
07-21-2008, 03:00 PM
We sure could use him now.