X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Bills must make Peters a happy camper

The Buffalo Bills open training camp Friday at St. John Fisher College, and it will be a very bad sign if unhappy offensive left tackle Jason Peters hasn't signed a renegotiated contract by then.

I'm no fan of renegotiated contracts, but Peters is an exception. He signed his current deal before he was converted to left tackle, where he quickly established himself as one of the best in the NFL.

It's no surprise that he feels underpaid when two other starters on the offensive line are being paid much more as imported free agents.

Resign our own guys!
  • Buckets
    • Jun 2003

Re: Bills must make Peters a happy camper

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I do agree that Peters is worth it. BUT I also believe that Peters should play with his exisitng contract this year and that the Bills should guarentee Peters they will renegotiate for next season. Peters is only a couple years into his last extension, and that is the gamble one takes when they extend early. Both sides took the gamble.

Lets see what he does in 2 full years at LT before paying him like the best LT in the game. He didn't show up at any of the off season work outs so lets see what kind of shape he is in. WHo knows maybe Peters took all that new money and sat on his ass. We don't know, but before I give him another extension and raise I would want to verify his commitment. Not showing up durng the offseason doens't make me want to spend more money on a player, but I know this is a negotiating stance, I just don't agree with it.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Mid-season he'll get paid again, after he shows that probowl form and we are 6-1.

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

lets pull a sabres and let our best players slip away like briere, drury, zubrus, and campbell!

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DrGraves
            lets pull a sabres and let our best players slip away like briere, drury, zubrus, and campbell!
            Zubrus and Campbell?

Comment

Working...
            X