X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

DE Suggs.. could the bills possibly...

i saw this on another board and it got me to thinking. if suggs fell to arizona, could TD possibly pull off a move to go get him?

Arizona has stated that they would be willing to shop that pick.

TD has surprised us every draft so far. why not this year.

I am not a fan of giving up our 2nd rounder this year, but i wouldnt be opposed to giving up our first, 4th, and 2nd next year.

Ingtar, is suggs worth moving up to get? i mean the guy had 24 sacks last year. that is unheard of. I dont care if his 40 times were slow. he gets to the qb. proven fact. what is your take on suggs?

he seems like the perfect outside rusher for our defense.. a kearse type. is he that much of an improvement over, say, mcdougal?

just throwing this out there after thinking about it.

Last edited by Tatonka; 04-23-2003, 11:42 PM.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Am i the only one that remembers the last DE we took in the first round from ASU.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

flowers was a workout warrior.. it is obvious that suggs is the total opposite.. a true player with bad workouts that are causing him to drop.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

realistically.. what would it take to move up to around #6 in terms of trading picks? i really dont want to lose our 2nd rounder this year, seeing as how their are going to be alot of good players that will get bumped out due to all the DL going early.

i just dont think mcdougal will be there for us, and i dont know that i am sold on Haynes.. i think it is the courtney brown PSU thing.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Suggs scared me before he dropped a bomb in his 40 time. He had dominated OTs who were Freshmen (racking up huge games (3-5sack) against poor competition), and is fairly small... he'll either be the steal of the draft (his college career indicated he should be the #1 pick), or the biggest bust since Brian Bosworth.

There is no debating he is a natural passrusher... and deserving of a top 6 pick... I just question his chance to succeed in the NFL. If the Bills can move up for our 2nd and 1st... I'd take it... if it takes more, I'd laugh in their face... too many questions about this one to bet the farm.

Besides he's a local product and the remaining Arz fans will abandon ship if the Cards deal him.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

so you dont think it is a good move?

if we could get mcdougal at 23, you think it is wiser to stay put?

Comment

• Bert102176
              • Aug 2002

I predict 10 to 13 DL are taken in the first
              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

If McDougal is still there at 23, I'd call it a bad move... both have enough worts to make them questionmarks, yet both are easily the best "natural" passrushers in the draft.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i just have this feeling that since this draft is different than the last two.. meaning that we arent in desperate need for starters.. that TD may pull something crazy.. the last two years have been full of surprises.. this one may well be too.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                    Expert on Experts
                    • Jul 2002

I dont think its worth it. Next year we will miss that second rounder. Suggs, IMO, has a good chance at busting. He won't make a huge impact this year, and i think we'll want the secound rounder next year.

I dont think we NEED a DE. It would be nice to upgrade, but its not something we need to give up any future for. If one is there we want at 23, great, if not, there are other directions we can go in.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Anybody remember Corey Moore? Suggs is a carbon copy. Fantastic college career, but unable to make the transition to the NFL.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

They are saying right now on Sporting News Radio that There is a rumor out there that New England would be willing to give up both their first round picks to move up to the 3rd pick. So for the Bills to move up enough to get Suggs would hurt us for a long time to come. I well wait for 23 and get Haynes!
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Who is NE interested in to give up both #1s for the 3rd overall?

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

I didn't catch it, but it was the 4th pick and the bears would give up their 3rd round pick and a player! I think NE would be stupid to make that deal. There will be good palyer at 14 and 19 I wouldn't do it!
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

I hate tweeners.

Comment

Working...
                              X