PDA

View Full Version : DE Suggs.. could the bills possibly...

Tatonka
04-23-2003, 11:39 PM
i saw this on another board and it got me to thinking. if suggs fell to arizona, could TD possibly pull off a move to go get him?

Arizona has stated that they would be willing to shop that pick.

TD has surprised us every draft so far. why not this year.

I am not a fan of giving up our 2nd rounder this year, but i wouldnt be opposed to giving up our first, 4th, and 2nd next year.

Ingtar, is suggs worth moving up to get? i mean the guy had 24 sacks last year. that is unheard of. I dont care if his 40 times were slow. he gets to the qb. proven fact. what is your take on suggs?

he seems like the perfect outside rusher for our defense.. a kearse type. is he that much of an improvement over, say, mcdougal?

just throwing this out there after thinking about it.

venis2k1
04-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Am i the only one that remembers the last DE we took in the first round from ASU.

Tatonka
04-23-2003, 11:44 PM
flowers was a workout warrior.. it is obvious that suggs is the total opposite.. a true player with bad workouts that are causing him to drop.

Tatonka
04-23-2003, 11:47 PM
realistically.. what would it take to move up to around #6 in terms of trading picks? i really dont want to lose our 2nd rounder this year, seeing as how their are going to be alot of good players that will get bumped out due to all the DL going early.

i just dont think mcdougal will be there for us, and i dont know that i am sold on Haynes.. i think it is the courtney brown PSU thing.

Ingtar33
04-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Suggs scared me before he dropped a bomb in his 40 time. He had dominated OTs who were Freshmen (racking up huge games (3-5sack) against poor competition), and is fairly small... he'll either be the steal of the draft (his college career indicated he should be the #1 pick), or the biggest bust since Brian Bosworth.

There is no debating he is a natural passrusher... and deserving of a top 6 pick... I just question his chance to succeed in the NFL. If the Bills can move up for our 2nd and 1st... I'd take it... if it takes more, I'd laugh in their face... too many questions about this one to bet the farm.

Besides he's a local product and the remaining Arz fans will abandon ship if the Cards deal him.

Tatonka
04-23-2003, 11:54 PM
so you dont think it is a good move?

if we could get mcdougal at 23, you think it is wiser to stay put?

Bert102176
04-23-2003, 11:54 PM
I predict 10 to 13 DL are taken in the first

Ingtar33
04-23-2003, 11:57 PM
If McDougal is still there at 23, I'd call it a bad move... both have enough worts to make them questionmarks, yet both are easily the best "natural" passrushers in the draft.

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 12:13 AM
i just have this feeling that since this draft is different than the last two.. meaning that we arent in desperate need for starters.. that TD may pull something crazy.. the last two years have been full of surprises.. this one may well be too.

SoCalBillsFan
04-24-2003, 01:05 AM
I dont think its worth it. Next year we will miss that second rounder. Suggs, IMO, has a good chance at busting. He won't make a huge impact this year, and i think we'll want the secound rounder next year.

I dont think we NEED a DE. It would be nice to upgrade, but its not something we need to give up any future for. If one is there we want at 23, great, if not, there are other directions we can go in.

ArcticWildMan
04-24-2003, 01:09 AM
Anybody remember Corey Moore? Suggs is a carbon copy. Fantastic college career, but unable to make the transition to the NFL.

kgun12
04-24-2003, 01:49 AM
They are saying right now on Sporting News Radio that There is a rumor out there that New England would be willing to give up both their first round picks to move up to the 3rd pick. So for the Bills to move up enough to get Suggs would hurt us for a long time to come. I well wait for 23 and get Haynes!

RedEyE
04-24-2003, 03:17 AM
Who is NE interested in to give up both #1s for the 3rd overall?

kgun12
04-24-2003, 03:24 AM
I didn't catch it, but it was the 4th pick and the bears would give up their 3rd round pick and a player! I think NE would be stupid to make that deal. There will be good palyer at 14 and 19 I wouldn't do it!

Earthquake Enyart
04-24-2003, 06:27 AM
I hate tweeners.

clumping platelets
04-24-2003, 06:49 AM
No thanks!! If Bills move up, take:

DT KEVIN WILLIAMS

Dman
04-24-2003, 07:18 AM
It appears that NE has their sites set on DT DeWayne Robrertson from Kentucky????:huh:

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 07:33 AM
The Pats apperently offered their 2 firsts for the bears #4. Then when they asked for the bears second rounder also, the bears basically laughed in their faces. But think about it, If they pulled that trade off, it would be the same if they traded us bledsoe and the pats 2003 first round pick for our first rounder last year(4th overall). Also meaning we would have 3 first round picks this year :)

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 07:34 AM
i disagree that suggs is a carbon copy of moore.. totally..

moore was shorter and lighter, and moores best season was about half of what suggs did last year.

if anything, suggs is a carbon copy of freeny.. who did pretty well and took the same critism

The Quebecer
04-24-2003, 09:22 AM
Actually, I think that there are 2 players that the Bills might consider moving up for: Suggs (#6) or McDougle...

I read an article somewhere about the Bills following McDougle since high school...(sadly I can't find that damn article...!)

Getting Suggs might be wishful thinking (might happen also, as TD has proven he can work miracles!) but McDougle might just the guy they really want...

Getting Suggs or MCDougle would provide GW with the kind of player he had with J. Kearse...Someone you unleash ferociously on the opposing QB...Althought we seems OK at DE, we don't have this type of player on the roster...

Anyway, just my take...
Later,

Shasta McNasty
04-24-2003, 09:28 AM
I feel we are going to take Haynes over McDougle.....but don't be suprised if the Bills pick Taylor Jacobs WR from MIA.

The Quebecer
04-24-2003, 09:33 AM
All this talk about Suggs/McDougle has me thinking about something:
If we could get Suggs or McDougle or.....J. Kearse...who would you pick? (let's say we could really have anyone of those guys...just for fun of discussion of course...or could this be reality?)

I'm really not sure about whom I'd pick...!
Need your opinions...
Later,

BillsNYC
04-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
or the biggest bust since Brian Bosworth.

HAHAHAHA!!! LMAO!!! REMEMBER HIS MOHAWK???

McBFLO
04-24-2003, 10:03 AM
New England wants Dwayne Robertson. That's who they'd take with that 4th pick. I like McDougle. I would rather have the Bills trade up to get him rather than sit back and wait for Haynes, Kelsay, or whoever at the 23rd pick. McDougle is from arguably the best college program in the nation and I think he'd be a little more prepared to face the top OT's in the league than someone from say Penn State. As far as Suggs is concerned, he'll be a good NFL player, but not great. TD should pass on trying to trade up for him.

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 10:10 AM
Wouldnt it be more realistic for the pats to go after Kennedy. the pats are chaning to a 3-4 if im not mistaken, and want to move Semour to end. I would think that Dewayne is a little too light in the ass to anchore their D-line by himself.

Tatonka
04-24-2003, 10:25 AM
robertson is NOT light in the ass..

venis2k1
04-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Call me old fashioned but if i were the pats i would try to trade up for Kennedy. First of all you might be able to get him at the 7th or 8th spot, where as Robertson will not make it past the 4th spot 5th at latest. I just like my DTs big and fat.(Kennedy reported to school over 400lbs as a freshman)

ct bills fan
04-24-2003, 11:52 AM
I don't think we could go wrong with either Haynes or McDougal at #23. I don't want kelsay at that spot, though - it's too ealry to take him.

Patrick76777
04-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Looks like T was ready to give up that 2004 2nd rounder last year!

Dozerdog
04-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Last year's draft was incredibly weak-

2nd rounders in that draft would go in the 3rd or 4th round in this draft. So dealing a 2nd last year would not have been that big a deal. Suggs has been converted into a LB by Baltimore, and had a great season.

Conversly, guys like Kelly Colbert , projected for the 3rd round this season, would have easilly gotten into the 1st round last year. Who was that Center from Notre Dame drafted by Cleveland just before Buffalo picked? Jake Grove kicks this guy's ass and he will get picked 10-20 slots after where that guy went last year.

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 08:29 AM
The Browns selected C Jeff Faine.

Patrick76777
04-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I'm not trying to be a jerk, just busting chops. I've heard T say numerous times this year that there is no way he'd trade a 2nd rounder this year! Then when I look at a thread from last year, he's saying that he would never trade a 2003 2nd rounder but he'd gladly trade next year's (2004) 2nd rounder!

funny!

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i just have this feeling that since this draft is different than the last two.. meaning that we arent in desperate need for starters.. that TD may pull something crazy.. the last two years have been full of surprises.. this one may well be too.

i was right.

Originally posted by Tatonka
i disagree that suggs is a carbon copy of moore.. totally..

moore was shorter and lighter, and moores best season was about half of what suggs did last year.

if anything, suggs is a carbon copy of freeny.. who did pretty well and took the same critism

i was right.

and suggs was defensive rookie of the year.. i would still like to have him. i also wasnt sure how talented this draft would actually be. i also wasnt aware that we were going to have to spend a high pick on a qb, because our would suffer his worst season as a pro.

so.. really.. what is your point patrick?

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Yeah, I'm not trying to be a jerk, just busting chops. I've heard T say numerous times this year that there is no way he'd trade a 2nd rounder this year! Then when I look at a thread from last year, he's saying that he would never trade a 2003 2nd rounder but he'd gladly trade next year's (2004) 2nd rounder!

funny!

i wouldnt trade a 2nd rounder this year.. knowing now what i know now.

Patrick76777
04-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Like I said, not being a jerk, just busting chops.

Last year at this same time, you did NOT want to give up a 2003 2nd rounder but were willing to give up a 2004 2nd rounder.

You're saying the exact same thing this year. That the 2004 2nd rounder is very valuable. Yet, last year, you were prepared to get rid of it.

just struck me as funny. Doesn't prove you wrong, doesn't prove you right. Just funny!

Esp. since many people think that the number 2 last year was actually not worth much value

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 10:07 AM
sorry, that i am not a big fan of giving up picks in current draft.. it doesnt bother me as much if i dont know what i am missing.

:idunno:

dont you have some dead people to ridicule?

Patrick76777
04-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Don't be so touchy bro! I didn't insult your manhood!

and

I didn't ridicule any dead people! Just asked if anybody had him in the death pool!

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 10:12 AM
i just dont understand your point.. what is the point of rehashing a thread from a year ago? there has to be some reason that you took the time to go searching through the million posts since then.