PDA

View Full Version : Question #3: Who will emerge on offense?

Patrick76777
07-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Last season there were several players who emerged on offense. Not surprisingly, Marshawn Lynch was at the forefront of that group with 1,115 rushing yards and leading the team in touchdowns scored. Brad Butler also developed into a solid starter at right guard.

Not long after Trent Edwards began to emerge when presented with starting opportunities. He was followed by Fred Jackson, who filled in admirably when Lynch went down with injury and provided some welcome relief performances.

But on a roster where a lot of the major roles look to be filled, who will emerge on offense for the Bills in 2008?

The three main candidates include one of the aforementioned names (we'll explain) while the others are young, but eager to take on the challenges that lie ahead in training camp hoping it translates into opportunities on Sundays.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6231

Mr. Pink
07-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Trent better emerge or else we're back to square one...finding someone who can take the reins of this offense and leading us to the next level.

yordad
07-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Man, that was some good stuff on Fred "The Gem" Jackson.

HughC
07-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Not exactly "emerging", but I'd really like to see the 'before-the-bye-week Lee Evans' have the same productivity as the 'after-the-bye-week Lee Evans' that we have been able to enjoy and grow accustomed to the last four seasons. Before you slam me, I'm not bashing Evans; I'm not blind and realize that early (lack of) productivity in past seasons has been due to other factors. Just saying it would be real nice to come right out of the gates with some big games in September and put together a full season of highly productive games.

THATHURMANATOR
07-22-2008, 11:07 AM
We need Edwards to take the next step to a Qb that produces scoring drives.

We need Hardy to become the redzone threat we desperately need!

DraftBoy
07-22-2008, 11:19 AM
It all hinges on Edwards

raphael120
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Dick will emerge.

Dr. Lecter
07-22-2008, 01:34 PM
It would be nice to see somebody emerge at center, but I don't see it happening.

It would also be nice to see a TE emerge as a pass catcher. While not likely, Fine or Schouman (who made some nice plays last year) COULD make some plays.

DraftBoy
07-22-2008, 01:49 PM
It would be nice to see somebody emerge at center, but I don't see it happening.

It would also be nice to see a TE emerge as a pass catcher. While not likely, Fine or Schouman (who made some nice plays last year) COULD make some plays.

Dont get me started...

PECKERWOOD
07-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Marshawn Lynch, we are going to be a power running team this year, Trent will just have to make the occasional play.

DrGraves
07-22-2008, 03:36 PM
evans better step back up to probowl form otherwise the offense is in trouble.

djjimkelly
07-22-2008, 03:48 PM
JP will emerge

justasportsfan
07-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Reed. Not saying he will have monster nos. but I predict he will have his best season since he's been a bill as long as Trent stays the qb.