A few things to make you feel more comfortable with Hardy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

A few things to make you feel more comfortable with Hardy

1, he is not the same as Reggie Williams, Mike Williams, and Matt Jones. He is built. If you look at Mike Williams, Jones, and Williams, you can see that they are all very thin tall recievers. Hardy is 6'7 and wide. Also, Hardy was arguably the best reciever in the draft with stats. Last, he is fast. So here are the good and the bad.

Good- Tall, red zone target, jumping, makes tough catches, doesnt give up on a bad pass, big, game changer, long arms, fast for a big guy. Doesnt run crisp routes- can be worked on.

Bad- problems- well hes getting away from that, slow in the red zone- well he is 6'7 so I dont care if you fun slower than Sam Adams being chased by cory dillon, your still succesfull.
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: A few things to make you feel more comfortable with Hardy

He's actually 6'5-3/8" and 220#. And Jones was a QB in college so he was strictly a projection, and he busted. The other guys, who knows what their problems are? My guess is both were 1st rounders and they were satisfied with their contracts, if not just lazy and not willing to put in the hard work.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MLynch23
      1, he is not the same as Reggie Williams, Mike Williams, and Matt Jones. He is built. If you look at Mike Williams, Jones, and Williams, you can see that they are all very thin tall recievers. Hardy is 6'7 and wide. Also, Hardy was arguably the best reciever in the draft with stats. Last, he is fast. So here are the good and the bad.

Good- Tall, red zone target, jumping, makes tough catches, doesnt give up on a bad pass, big, game changer, long arms, fast for a big guy. Doesnt run crisp routes- can be worked on.

Bad- problems- well hes getting away from that, slow in the red zone- well he is 6'7 so I dont care if you fun slower than Sam Adams being chased by cory dillon, your still succesfull.
      Reggie Williams is 6'4, 214, at the combine he was 6'3 1/2, 229...Mike Williams is 6'5, 230. So I think your criticism in that regard is wrong since both players were thicket than Hardy given their height.

As for your good, I dont think you can put Not running crisp routes in that category because it can be coached, also on the bad you missed listing focus and concentration.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Reggie Williams is 6'4, 214, at the combine he was 6'3 1/2, 229...Mike Williams is 6'5, 230. So I think your criticism in that regard is wrong since both players were thicket than Hardy given their height.

As for your good, I dont think you can put Not running crisp routes in that category because it can be coached, also on the bad you missed listing focus and concentration.
        Blah, blah, blah, Mr. "Know It All". Get over yourself.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
          Blah, blah, blah, Mr. "Know It All". Get over yourself.

I didnt know presenting widely known facts was aggregious...oh wait I forgot this was a Bills site...
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
            • Aug 2005

aggregious is a VERY big word
            SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

Can Hardy produce over the middle and between the 20's?

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Nobody knows for sure. Hardy was uber-productive in college, but he got by on his natural athleticism. He was not particularly strong in college, and when he did face cornerbacks who jammed him and played physical close to the line, he did struggle some. That just didn't happen very often. You can bet that every defensive coordinator that Buffalo plays will have his hands on that information and will have a cornerback challenge him at the line until Hardy get stronger and learns how to beat it, and make defenses pay when they do it.

Of course, the Bills also know what is going to happen. So, I assume that in the OTAs the Bills worked on that, and it will continue in training camp. In addition, the Bills' strength and conditioning coaches will be after him to add muscle. It will be a race against time. Fortunately, for all Hardy's off field issues, he seems to really love the game of football, and seems pretty dedicated to becoming a good player. I don't know if all the other big receivers mentioned in the first post have had that dedication. That could be the difference. Let's hope so.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

the strangest things turn him on...

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    Nobody knows for sure. Hardy was uber-productive in college, but he got by on his natural athleticism. He was not particularly strong in college, and when he did face cornerbacks who jammed him and played physical close to the line, he did struggle some. That just didn't happen very often. You can bet that every defensive coordinator that Buffalo plays will have his hands on that information and will have a cornerback challenge him at the line until Hardy get stronger and learns how to beat it, and make defenses pay when they do it.

Of course, the Bills also know what is going to happen. So, I assume that in the OTAs the Bills worked on that, and it will continue in training camp. In addition, the Bills' strength and conditioning coaches will be after him to add muscle. It will be a race against time. Fortunately, for all Hardy's off field issues, he seems to really love the game of football, and seems pretty dedicated to becoming a good player. I don't know if all the other big receivers mentioned in the first post have had that dedication. That could be the difference. Let's hope so.
                    During Evans' rookie season, he would stay after practice and work with Troy Vincent on trying to beat the jam. I'm sure Hardy has been doing the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X