PDA

View Full Version : Peter King is not a Bill-iever!

Patrick76777
07-22-2008, 03:12 PM
SIMPLE. BUFFALO IS NOT A 2008 SUPER BOWL CONTENDER.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/07/22/mailbag/

shelby
07-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Well, duh. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

LtBillsFan66
07-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Peter King is the scum of the earth.

madness
07-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Scott needs a wakeup call.

trapezeus
07-22-2008, 03:19 PM
PK is just a Boston sports fan who happens to live in jersey and suckle on the NY sports scene to make a living. His articles are only decent because he has access to many of the players. however, he simply does not keep up with each team.

Regardless if his opinion is correct or not with the bills, PK can not be relied on to make football guesses. He simply gets to the bottom of stories that are in vogue at the moment. Therefore, you isn't a jaws type reporter who watches reels and reels of film and can tell you why a team or player is having success.

And once favre leaves for good, whenever that is, PK's articles are going to get a whole lot shorter.

THATHURMANATOR
07-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I agree with his assesment 100%.

Mr. Miyagi
07-22-2008, 03:31 PM
It doesn't matter. Who cares what these talking heads think? Tons of them thought Miami with Culpepper was going all the way. None of them even considered the Giants a playoff team last year. Shows what they know.

DrGraves
07-22-2008, 03:31 PM
im sure he said the gmen were not contenders last year...

SpillerThrills
07-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Just remember, last year Miami was going to the Superbowl before the season started!

Bill Brasky
07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Who cares what these talking heads think?
except, of course, when they talk highly of the bills. right?

TigerJ
07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I think Buffalo has a real chance to make the playoffs, but a few things have to happen before I start thinking Super Bowl.

dplus47
07-22-2008, 03:54 PM
in the piece, king actually said he likes the bills this year, and thinks they can win 9 games. however, he said it was unrealistic to assume they were ahead of NE, SD, Indy, etc. that doesn't strike me as "bashing" at all. the AFC is a bit difficult. it would be a different story in the NFC, but it is what it is...

THATHURMANATOR
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
except, of course, when they talk highly of the bills. right?
Which many have, but I don't think anyone actually believes we are a Super Bowl contendor. I just want this team to play an important game at the end of the season.. That is all I ask!

madness
07-22-2008, 04:10 PM
For all the people neglecting to read the article before commenting... this was King's response to the following email.

From Scott, of Buffalo: "Just curious, why do you think Brett Favre would veto a trade to Buffalo? The Bills have a solid line, a solid receiver in Lee Evans, a mountain of a rookie receiver to toss it up to in the red zone in James Hardy, a stud back in Marshawn Lynch and two solid slot receivers in Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish. Along with a much improved defense, the Bills are a definite playoff contender. Why would Favre not want to go there? I would think that the Bills would be the one nixing the trade as they are very confident in second-year man Trent Edwards.''
Honestly, Scott, if you had one last hurrah in pro football, and someone suggested that you should go to a team that appears to be on the rise but hasn't made the playoffs in nine years, would you want to go? I am bullish on the Bills and think they might be able to win nine this year. But it's not logical in the current power structure of the AFC to suggest they're ahead of New England, Indy, Jacksonville, San Diego ... and probably not ahead of Pittsburgh or Cleveland either.

Oaf
07-22-2008, 04:11 PM
The more doubters the better. :evil:

Oh wait, I agree with him somewhat. :sadwalk:

If we can't beat Jacksonville or Cleveland this year, barring a Patriot meltdown, we will not see playoffs.

Night Train
07-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I just want to win 9-10 games and grab the last wild card spot. Whether we can or not is to be determined.

coastal
07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Jville on the road in week 2 could very well be a must win if we truly expect to make the playoffs.

For the sake of arguement, let's conceed division titles to the Pats, the Steelers, the Colts and the Chargers. That would leave teams like Cleveland, Jville, Houston (yes Houston), and the Bills vying for two remaining playoff spots.

The Jags are one of the most physical teams in the entire NFL. This game is also in the dog days of a Florida summer. I am not saying that we can't win this game, but I wouldn't drop a bet on the Bills even if you are giving me the points we will get from Vegas on this game.

That leaves Cleveland in week 12 or 13 as the other crucial game.

Buffalo could very well go 7-9 again.

If I had to bet... 8-8 is the reality at this point, unless Trent Edwards is the real deal.

Oaf
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
You are forgetting Denver and Tennessee. Texans still aren't there yet, IMO. We just as likely will have to beat out the Steelers and Colts for the WC spots with the way Jax and Cleveland are looking this year.

I'm chalking Jacksonville as a loss. No way we beat them so early in the year, on the road, with the youthful team we have. So then we have Denver and especially Cleveland which will likely have WC implications. If we can win those two somehow, I see playoffs. Otherwise, if we win just one of those three, we'll need help, and if we lose all three, I can't see us making it unless the Pats collapse.

LtFinFan66
07-23-2008, 03:08 AM
Because he doesn't think the Bills are a Superbowl contender? Please!! Only homers believe they can make the Superbowl. Playoffs....maybe....

And I am not a King fan in any way

LtFinFan66
07-23-2008, 03:09 AM
It doesn't matter. Who cares what these talking heads think? Tons of them thought Miami with Culpepper was going all the way. None of them even considered the Giants a playoff team last year. Shows what they know.Tons?? Not sure I would go that far:rolleyes:

LtFinFan66
07-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Just remember, last year Miami was going to the Superbowl before the season started!:bs:

The year before that was said but not last year.

LtFinFan66
07-23-2008, 03:11 AM
except, of course, when they talk highly of the bills. right?EXACTLY!!!