• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Ummm could this be huge

Every now and then I come out with something on here that you think is outlandish.. Fine.. Often, it turns out that way.. But I've also been right a couple of times as well. Yes, if you throw enough **** something will stick; I get it.

Believe what you want to believe, personally I don't care..I'm already the resident "junior journalist".. But I just want to say that I talked to someone, a Packers guy for nearly 25 minutes today, in fact I just got off the phone 15 minutes ago.

And concerning the report that Green Bay has talked to Mulitple teams about trading Bret Farve.. The Buffalo Bills ARE one of those teams.

And to make it even more interesting; according to a person with at least some knowledge of what's going on; if Farve gets traded Buffalo will be one of the two most likely destinations.. The New York Jets are the other.

The other teams rumored to have been contacted are ALL AFC teams (not Tampa bay as some are speculating). The Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore and another team I do not know.

With these teams, word is Buffalo is by far the best fit, because
    A) Cap Space (Farve's salary for this year is around $9 million)
    B) Climate
    C) Type of town similar to Green Bay
    D) Competitive.
    E)** A very young QB who could still use 1-2 years learning the league before starting.

The Jets would be of great interest also, but a much bigger cap burden would be put on, plus does Farve really want to play in the media circus that is NY?

Miami is going nowhere for the immediate future and Baltimore has invested a ton in Flacco already.

I'm telling you ladies and Gentlemen; within the next 72 hours you will hear about Buffalo becoming the front runner.

GB will NEVER trade Favre to their division rivals Chicago or Minnesota.. And though Tampa is in a different division, it would be a franchise low for GB to end up playing and losing to TB or any NFC team in the playoffs Farve was traded to. It's HIGHLY unlikely he's going to any NFC team (Detroit would have the best shot)

So people, pay close attention to how this plays out. By several accounts, Buffalo is the best realistic fit should they trade him. And from what I'm reading and hearing, GB is really set on moving forward with Rodgers. And Farve is getting more hell bent on playing everyday.

Stay tuned.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Ummm could this be huge

Would Trent benefit from playing this year? Absolutely.
    Would Trent benefit from watching Favre for a year or 2? No question.
    Would the Bills be a better team in '08 with Favre under center? IMO... At least 2 or 3 wins better!!

BRING FAVRE TO THE BILLS RALPH!!!

Comment

• theanswer74
      • Apr 2004

Favre would generate more revenue for the Bills then Toronto.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

So, the whole basis of your post was a discussion with someone you call a "Packers guy"?

How many people are in the state of Wisconsin? Hundreds of Thousands

How many people have any real knowledge of the situation? maybe a dozen or so

Odds are good your Packers guy was one of the hundreds of thousands

Comment

• Patti120
          • Aug 2004

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Baltimore has invested a ton in Flacco but we have invested little in Losman/Edwards?

We bench a guy we started as a rookie and who has played decent enough to give many people the thought of the playoffs for us?

We pay 9 mill, probably killing any chance of resigning Evans and/or Peters due to cash to cap?

Nothing is impossible, and I like Brett, but I just dont see this as being likely or even plausible at all.

Frankly, Brett is not what he once was, and he probably should just stay retired. I havent been that impressed by his play for the past two years.

Comment

• ptd86
              • Dec 2006

this isnt really valid, i remeber the talk with the draft guy with the bills and it was almost completely wrong, it wasnt the same person saying it though, but still. Why wouldnt you just say how hes affiliated with the packers?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                Baltimore has invested a ton in Flacco but we have invested little in Losman/Edwards?

We bench a guy we started as a rookie and who has played decent enough to give many people the thought of the playoffs for us?

We pay 9 mill, probably killing any chance of resigning Evans and/or Peters due to cash to cap?

Nothing is impossible, and I like Brett, but I just dont see this as being likely or even plausible at all.

Frankly, Brett is not what he once was, and he probably should just stay retired. I havent been that impressed by his play for the past two years.
                1- Did I say this is ANYTHING but speculation?.. Im reporting on what the talk is going on in Milwaukee. If I had a conversation with Ted Thompson myself I'd be writing for ESPN or something, not chatting on a Billszone Message board.

2- Your last sentence is absolutley f'n mind-blowing.. He was the runner up for MVP last year, through for what, 4K in yards and 28 TDs and led his team to a 13-3 record and within an OT of the Super Bowl.. A lot of his stats were career-best numbers, And that's not impressive for you? Get real

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ptd86
                  this isnt really valid, i remeber the talk with the draft guy with the bills and it was almost completely wrong, it wasnt the same person saying it though, but still. Why wouldnt you just say how hes affiliated with the packers?
                  If I can remember correctly, the guy you're referring to was Brandon Albert, whom I personally (just my opinion, I'm entitled to it like everyone else) think down the line is going to be someone we really regret not taking.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I'm not going to get worked up about it. If it happens, I'll figure out how I feel about it. While it would undoubtably be a public relations boon for the Bills, there are certainly issues that the Bills would have to settle. Favre has played in virtually the same system with the same terminology for his whole career. He did not score well on the Wonderlic coming out of college. How different is Schonert's system from the system to which Favre is accustomed? Without the benefit of an offseason to study it, how well would Favre be able to learn it in training camp? If the Bills have to use a dumbed down system for the better part of a season while Favre gets up to speed, how much of a negative for the offense will that be? Will it be completely balanced out by the upside of having a superstar with all that natural talent coupled with a decade and a half of experience?
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

My cat just told me that the Bills are going to acquire Tom Brady in a trade.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

I would spooge.

Comment

• ptd86
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          If I can remember correctly, the guy you're referring to was Brandon Albert, whom I personally (just my opinion, I'm entitled to it like everyone else) think down the line is going to be someone we really regret not taking.

I'm just saying, you told us everything this guy said, why not just say how hes affiliated you dont even have to say his name if its personal.

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Can you imagine Brett Farve being announced and runnign out from the tunnel...

the stadium would be out of hand.

Comment

• gil
                              • Mar 2005

well, thanks Pat - things were getting boring!

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of this, luckily I don't think it will happen, but who knows, maybe they've upped Ralph's prescriptions and he wants to go for the gusto.

Comment

Working...
                              X