PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Miller 'buys in' to Sabres organization with new contract

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Ryan Miller certainly wanted to be paid as an elite goaltender in the National Hockey League but he was also looking for stability when he negotiated a new deal with the Buffalo Sabres.
So the lure of becoming a free agent next summer was not as big as many people believed, Miller said today in HSBC Arena.

"Not a lot of people have had a chance to have a career like I have where I've been around a great group of guys for a consistent amount of years," Miller said as the Sabres officially announced his five-year, $31.25-million contract extension. "I'm happy we get to do that moving forward because that's the essential part of a winning hockey team … guys who know each other and care about each other. This is definitely what Buffalo represents. We all care about each other and we all want to win."

Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn said owner B. Thomas Golisano was "intimately involved in the whole process in a good way" and lauded Miller's commitment to the team.
Full Article:
http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/397249.html

Edited for copyright issues: BMN

CuseJetsFan83
07-23-2008, 12:09 AM
way to post the whole article?

Myers57
07-23-2008, 12:40 AM
hey buddy...

stop. just stop. here's some advice to the Official Jr. Reporter for all things Bills/Sabres! (true or not) from a Journalism major in college.

If the article is worth reading:

a. tell us WHY this is an article we should orwould be interested in reading
b. Do not post the entire article or even more than a couple paragraphs here on the forum. DO provide us with a link though so we can register more hits on the Buffalo News website or buy their paper and increase advertising sales for our hometown paper.
c. stop posting every single Sabres related article in the Buffalo News. I read the paper usually before I check these boards and I'm sure plenty of the fellow zoners do as well. This is especially true when you post the article after midnight THE DAY AFTER it was originally published!

Michael82
07-23-2008, 08:51 AM
There's nothing wrong with him posting all the Sabres articles. It gives the news to those of us who don't get the Buffalo News and are sometimes to lazy to go the Buffalo News site. The only thing he does wrong is posts too much of the article and sometimes, the whole entire thing.

jamze132
07-23-2008, 09:14 AM
hey buddy...

stop. just stop. here's some advice to the Official Jr. Reporter for all things Bills/Sabres! (true or not) from a Journalism major in college.

If the article is worth reading:

a. tell us WHY this is an article we should orwould be interested in reading
b. Do not post the entire article or even more than a couple paragraphs here on the forum. DO provide us with a link though so we can register more hits on the Buffalo News website or buy their paper and increase advertising sales for our hometown paper.
c. stop posting every single Sabres related article in the Buffalo News. I read the paper usually before I check these boards and I'm sure plenty of the fellow zoners do as well. This is especially true when you post the article after midnight THE DAY AFTER it was originally published!
Where do you think I get Sabres news while I am stationed in Italy? It sure isn't from the Buffalo News delivered to my Italian residence.

I have no problem with anyone posting an article pertaining to the Sabres or Bills on these forums as long as he follows the TOS.

BlackMetalNinja
07-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Good posting Mikey and Jamze... There is no issue with him posting the articles, it saves me that much time having to visit multiple sites. The issue is that he cannot post entire articles, it's a copyright problem that can get our site in trouble. Losman Wins has been notified of the issue, and I expect he'll cooperate with no problems.

THATHURMANATOR
07-23-2008, 10:33 AM
How much of an article is too much by the way? I say as long as it is quoted and link provided you should be fine. Maybe not the entire thing but most of it is fine.

BlackMetalNinja
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
How much of an article is too much by the way? I say as long as it is quoted and link provided you should be fine. Maybe not the entire thing but most of it is fine.

Definitely not all of it. I try to do less than 3/4ths usually. Honestly, I normally only put the first 2-3 paragraphs that give an overview of the story.

jamze132
07-24-2008, 04:34 AM
Just provide a brief description of the article and provide a link. I will click on it if I feel like it.