• Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Gut Feelings

Gut Feelings

Concerning Favre:
    * He either stays retired or is traded within the next 72 or so hours. I stand by what I said yesterday though. If he's traded, I think he's going to the Buffalo Bills. I simply don't see Green Bay trading Favre to a team in the NFC (Minnesota or Tampa) that could ulitimately face and beat the Packers in the playoffs. That would be the worst (losing to Favre in the playoffs) PR move in the history of the NFL.

* If he's dealt I still think the Bills are the best fit. They're on the verge of contending, they have a QB that many feel could still be a year or two away, and they have significant cap room to accompany a $12-million salary. Favre's not going to a Miami team that will be lucky to win 5 games with or without him. I don't think Baltimore is interested. I think the other team to watch should a trade happen is the Jets. I still think if Favre agrees to a trade, the Bills would be his best option. This town in ways is similar to Green Bay and he happens to be good friends (and hunting buddies) with Jimbo Kelly.

One Reason The Bills Might Not Be Interested
    I talked to Skooby's rich friend this morning (I'm consumed with this Farve stuff) and he said the cheif reason the Bills might not be interested is because of marketing. Had the Bills struggled with ticket sales this offseason, they may be more inclined to bring in a big name like Favre. But the fact the season is nearly sold out doesnt do much if anything for the Bills at the Box Office. The team also likes Edwards a lot and feels he's ready to take the next step (for the record, I have been on the Edwards' wagon since last SUMMER, and I feel the same, although I'd still trade for Farve in a second)

Onto Actual Bills Stuff
    I think Evans will get his extension before the season. I do not think Crowell will. Peters I really don't know what to think right now. I think in the end Peters gets a new deal next year, and I think Crowell ends up in another uniform (Hope I'm wrong on that)

* I really think Stroud is going to make an impact, becuase I think he's going to be kept fresher than he ever has in his career. Assuming Kyle Wiliams starts next to him (??), McCargo and Johnson are going to get A LOT of snaps and the DT's will be freshed. For those of you with intelligence, please dont judge Stroud's impact by numbers.. He will sit a lot of third downs. I think you'll see a lot of Johnson/McCargo on sure passing downs. Stroud isn't going to get a lot of sacks. His job is tackles near the line, and clogging up blockers to free up Posluszny for a big year.

* Speaking of Poz, he's the single biggest benefactor of the STroud/Johnson/Mitchell acquisitions. He's going to have a lot of room to move around and all the opportunity in the world to be a big playmaker. He won't be blocked every play of his career like London Fletcher was here when he was MLB with guys like Tripplett and Williams in front of him.

* I think Hardy will be signed by Sunday, and McKelvin by next Tuesday or Wednesday. Why is Ellis not already signed? Of every draftee on this roster, from what I heard nobody needs the work more than Ellis. This guy was selected to be our next Hargrove, he can't be missing any time.

* Gut feeling tells me Reed wins the #2 WR job to start the season.. I also hope people have patience with McKelvin because I expect him to be the #4 corner to start the season behind McGee, Greer and Will James. That won't last long, but I think that's where he starts the season.

* I think Steve Johnson will win the #5 WR job.

* Notable camp cut predictions: Robert Royal, Ashton Youboty (or traded), John Wendling (I think the club will only keep four safeties), Jason Jefferson and DeWayne Wright.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: Gut Feelings

Royal cut would be interesting.. he IS a good blocker and we'll only cut him if we think Anderson, schouman, or hopefully FINE can fit that role.

I disagree with your hunch on Reed. Unless Jauron has gone senile, he'll understand that moving Reed to #3 makes REED better.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

hardy will eventually start, but not on week one.. IMO anyway.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I don't disagree on Evans or Crowell. I think Crowell is not all that interested in signing and wants to play the season out since he is not a superstar type of guy and won't get huge money from the Bills. He also, arguably, will be the Bills 3rd best LB by the end of the year if Poz grows and develops. Often the mid-level guys get overpaid the most, especially if two teams target the same guy.

Evans on the other can cash in big now and will do so.

I think Steve Johnon makes the team, but might be #6 as the Bills need STs guys and Jenkins can fulfill that role. A #5 WR will only get 1 or 2 snaps a game anyway.

I like many of your other points, but just don't see Favre coming here.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Outside of the cuts none of these are really groundbreaking perdictions. Id love to land Farve but I dont think he moves...
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

interesting post, Pat.

i think maybe ellis isn't signed precisely because he's looking for a contract comparable to where he went in the draft vs. what the coaches think they see in him. Either way, it seems like he is really going to be a big project for the bills and potentially not worth the 3rd round pick. But we'll see.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

If Crowell isn't extended (and Lee is), he will be franchised.

Also, I think you actually listed the notable camp noncuts.
              Last edited by yordad; 07-23-2008, 01:27 PM.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• raphael120
                Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                • Oct 2005

I don't see Wendling getting cut, he was very huge on ST.

And as for the whole Favre thing...if he comes to Buffalo, I'll fly all the way up to Buffalo and buy everyone wings. I just don't see it happenning. We did the whole Bledsoe experiment before...

And Robert Royal being cut should be a reality. I'm sorry...Derek Shouman, what, a 7th rounder from last year, is supposively challenging Royal? When youre being challenged by a 7th rounder, thats not a ringing endorsment for you. I hope he gets cut, he's hurt this team more than helped and it angers me everytime I see him on the field, he's a BUM!

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by raphael120
                  I don't see Wendling getting cut, he was very huge on ST.

And as for the whole Favre thing...if he comes to Buffalo, I'll fly all the way up to Buffalo and buy everyone wings. I just don't see it happenning. We did the whole Bledsoe experiment before...

And Robert Royal being cut should be a reality. I'm sorry...Derek Shouman, what, a 7th rounder from last year, is supposively challenging Royal? When youre being challenged by a 7th rounder, thats not a ringing endorsment for you. I hope he gets cut, he's hurt this team more than helped and it angers me everytime I see him on the field, he's a BUM!
                  Royal cut? That would mean you have three TEs that are better. We don't.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Gut Feelings

Concerning Favre:

* If he's dealt I still think the Bills are the best fit.
                    They're on the verge of contending,
                    There is nothing to support your opinion the Bills are one the verge of anything but another sub 500. season. Nothing!!

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by feelthepain
                      There is nothing to support your opinion the Bills are one the verge of anything but another sub 500. season. Nothing!!
                      Thanks. What would we do with out your opinion telling us our opinion is wrong.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

He's a tool I dont even pay attention.. and I especially don't try to explain anything

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

There's a lot to support the opinion that the Dols will again be the worst team in the NFL.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                            Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                            • Dec 2005

I'm sick of Favre.

I'm not comparing this guy to favre in any way but have we all forgotten what happened when Bledsoe came in? One good season follwed by nothing but nightmares. No thanks Brett go take your show somewhere else.

Whats the deal with all this love for Favre anyway? He has ONE ring thats it. I'm not saying he is a bad QB but all this love for him is unreal. He is no Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, S.Young or Brady as far as rings.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                              Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                              • Dec 2005

There is everything to support your dolphins will be picking in the top in next years draft

Comment

Working...
                              X