• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Farve.. "Washed up" ???

Just a bit of information for those who consider Bret Favre "washed up"
    As a 38-year old QB last season, these were his numbers.

4,155 pass yards
    66.5 completion %
    28 TD's
    15 INT's
    95.7 QB Rating

Just keep this in mind. Jim Kelly is my favorite Bill and my favorite QB ever, period. But here's something you may or may not know.

* Farve threw for 4,155 last year.. That's more yards than Kelly ever had in a single season. And it's not like he didnt have weapons with Reed, Lofton, etc
    * Favre's 66.5% completion rate is better than Kelly ever had in any one season.

* Favre's 28 TD's was beaten by Kelly only once in his career (33 in 1991)

* Favre's 15 INT's were best by Kelly 8 times.

* Favre's 95.7 passing rating was beaten by Kelly twice in his career (1990-91)

And for those who say who counter QB stats are overated, the most important number is the 13 wins Favre led his team to.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's the point. if you don't want Favre because you want the Bills to move forward with Trent Edwards, that's perfectly acceptable. I think Favre is better, but it's understandable why a fan would want to move on with Edwards. But it's unintelligent, ill-informed and flat-out stupid to say that the Bills shouldn't get after Favre because he's washed up.

His numbers as a 38-year old QB compare favorably to our own HOF QB during his prime in his best years.

In my own personal opinion, Favre gets us in the playoffs with no doubt, and also further puts this team back on the NFL relevency football map.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Re: Farve.. "Washed up" ???

Just to play devil's advocate, why not post his numbers from the two years prior to that?

He will turn 39 during this coming season. He still is one of the better QBs in the NFL, but he isn't the Favre of old anymore.

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

...and he'd have to learn a new offense.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by NE39
        Just to play devil's advocate, why not post his numbers from the two years prior to that?

He will turn 39 during this coming season. He still is one of the better QBs in the NFL, but he isn't the Favre of old anymore.
        2006:

18 TDs, 18 INTs, 72.7 rating and 5 lost fumbles

2005:

20 TDs, 29 INTs, 70.9 rating and 7 lost fumbles

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

"Washed up" is a bit harsh but he's not what he once was.

Keep in mind that GB's receivers are leagues ahead of ours.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

Oh yeah, and what was his final throw as a Packer again?....:drama:
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Where was that final throw in again? The NFC Championship game.
              Compared to what the Bills have done this decade, I'll take an INT on the Bills final throw of a conference championship game.

LOL.. You have to be a real tool to downplay Bret Favre. If its being done becuase nobody expects him here and it makes it easier to deal with when he ends up elsewhere; that's fine. But if anyone is seriously suggesting this guy is washed up; the same guy who almost won the NFL MVP last year, then you seriously need to start keeping tabs on other sport, because that's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard. He had a year last season a lot of great QB's never have once in their career; and he's washed up? LOL

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Compared to what the Bills have done this decade, I'll take an INT on the Bills final throw of a conference championship game.

LOL.. You have to be a real tool to downplay Bret Favre. If its being done becuase nobody expects him here and it makes it easier to deal with when he ends up elsewhere; that's fine. But if anyone is seriously suggesting this guy is washed up; the same guy who almost won the NFL MVP last year, then you seriously need to start keeping tabs on other sport, because that's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard. He had a year last season a lot of great QB's never have once in their career; and he's washed up? LOL
                Do you honestly think Favre is all it would take to get us to the NFC championship game. Favre MIGHT get us to the playoffs but we'd still get killed by the Pats, Colts or Steelers.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I think Justa would cry tears of joy hearing me say this, but the whole teams success can't be put just on the Packers. They played in an incredbily weak division. He got upgrades in receivers the year after he had his terrible year. He has more continuity within the system than what he'd have here.

For a guy to try to replicate last year with no desire pushing him like it pushes the young guys, i think favre in buffalo will look really horrible. That being said, if he comes here, i'll drink the koolaid, root for him to pull of the story of winning it in Bufflo to stick in GB's face, and then pull a hasek and ask to be retired as a Bill in Canton.

then i'll wake up.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Why make any moves then if we're still going to get killed by the Pats, Colts or Chargers? You got to be in it to win it. You said it all in your first sentence.. He would get us to the playoffs.. Im not saying Edwards can't do it.. I'm saying it's more likely with a proven guy like Bret.

And you and I differ about the overall talent of the Bills. I'm in the belief that if Buffalo gets quality quarterback play they can compete with ANY team in the NFL, including the ones you stated. Our talent across the board aside from QB in my opinion is at least close to the level of any team around.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

We lose some ability to keep our own guys. Not something I want to do for a guy who will leave us hanging at the end of the year.

Also, Farve's strengths don't jive with what Jauron likes to do.

We have two talented young cheap QBs right now. They know the system. They have the respect of teammates.

"Washed up" may be a stretch. "Beyond his prime and near the end" might be accurate.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

keep in mind favre would have been the league mvp last year if not for brady

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

A "washed up" Farve is still better then most QBs in the NFL.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

Pat, if Brett Favre is so smart, why is he calling other NFL teams with a Packers-issued cell phone? http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl,95401

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                              Favre was trying to do everything for a bad Packers team. Turnovers will happen when QB's take chances.

Comment

Working...
                              X