PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre used a Packers cell phone to call the Vikings

PromoTheRobot
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brett-Favre-might-want-to-invest-in-his-own-cell?urn=nfl,95401

I know some of you a slobbering over Favre but how smart can the guy be if he's calling the Vikings OC repeatedly on a cell phone issued to him by the Packers? Now Green Bay has solid evidence of tampering and it's going to cost the Vikes draft picks. Let's hope Brett didn't call the Bills too.

PTR

yordad
07-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Brett called them. How did they tamper again?

Do they have evidence the Viks called him? And, is there some rule that says that if your retired, you cannot talk to any old friends that work for any other team but your own?

This evidence is kind of flimsy, IMO. Sure it is easy to infer, but it is circumstantial.

trapezeus
07-23-2008, 02:08 PM
i guess we'll have to hear the details, but as it stands, if you can get another team in trouble because your player called them, i would have everyone on the bills call the patriots and the colts so that they get docked picks and face fines.

Meathead
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
hello bill? do you have prince albert in a can?

Pinkerton Security
07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
ya this is kinda weird. firstly, he called them repeatedly, not vice-versa.

maybe the pack made him do it so they'd lose draft picks. they are in the same conference after all...

Oaf
07-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Jimbo: Hello, Bill?
Bill: Yes, who is th- excuse me, I'm getting another call.. can you hold?
Jimbo: Certainly.
Bill: Thanks. Hello?
Ashton: Hi Bill, how are you?

Dr. Pepper
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Maybe those Packer fans will stop holding their silly "bring back Brett" rallies every Sunday now that they know he's been repeatedly calling the enemy.

MTBillsFan
07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
With Goddell working on the Favre issue, how many of the pics taken from the Vikings go to the Cheatriots?

THATHURMANATOR
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
This is not good news for the Vikings. Especially since they have 0 chance of getting Favre now.

Mitchy moo
07-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Wrong forum, neat story. NFL zone it is.

LtFinFan66
07-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Wrong forum, neat story. NFL zone it is.Please let the Mods mod. Thank you

trapezeus
07-23-2008, 07:08 PM
skoob, didn't you hear? favre's a bill...hence it's the appropriate forum.

acehole
07-23-2008, 08:29 PM
The vikings crime was to pick up a ringing phone?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brett-Favre-might-want-to-invest-in-his-own-cell?urn=nfl,95401

I know some of you a slobbering over Favre but how smart can the guy be if he's calling the Vikings OC repeatedly on a cell phone issued to him by the Packers? Now Green Bay has solid evidence of tampering and it's going to cost the Vikes draft picks. Let's hope Brett didn't call the Bills too.

PTR

OpIv37
07-23-2008, 08:31 PM
If the Vikes get the same penalty for another player calling THEM that the Patriots got for CHEATING, I'm going to fly to NYC just to punch Roger Goodell in the nuts. I'll go to jail but it will be worth it.

EricStratton
07-23-2008, 08:33 PM
I believe if a player from another team contacts a team official it must be reported to the NFL offices by the team recieving the call.

That includes any coach, GM, executive etc.

Mitchy moo
07-23-2008, 08:59 PM
skoob, didn't you hear? favre's a bill...hence it's the appropriate forum.

My bad, I'm going to post on the San Diego chargers and their defense next, it really has alot to do with the Bills.

Anything posted about Farve needs to be up front here, including my post that got moved.

yordad
07-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Are we all pulling for the Vikings? Why is that?

Mitchy moo
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Are we all pulling for the Vikings? Why is that?

The NFL zone is full, didn't you hear?