PDA

View Full Version : Slow PAce to Signing of Picks for Bills...

bigbub2352
07-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Correct me if i am wrong but are the Bills taking along time to get there picks signed

Xaveir Omon 6th rd pick
alvin Bowen 5th
Chris Ellis 3rd round pick
James Hardy 2nd
Ledios Mcklevin 1st

I cant believe we are 2 days to camp and still got all these guys to sign

Plus contract Ext for Evans, Peters and Crowell

Phew lets get the check book out we cant have these guys missing time especially Hardy he needs to be in camp on time

The Spaz
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
A lot of teams are having a hard time getting there picks signed not just the Bills.

gonzo1105
07-23-2008, 03:10 PM
hey besides Hardy, McKelvin, and Ellis I would be telling Omon and Bowen that there is no guarantee you make the team anyways, so if you dont sign there is a pretty good chance your gonna be out on the unemployment line. Those two dont have much leverage at all.

madness
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Pulled this off the web... from Sunday but it puts what's going on this year in perspective.

2008 NFL Rookie Signing Status Update (http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2008/07/2008-nfl-rookie-signing-status-update.html)

One training camp (Washington Redskins) is underway already, and by next Monday, all 32 NFL training camps will have begun.

So with all these camps just days away from beginning, 120 draft picks remain unsigned. Below is a snapshot at the signing status of the 2008 draft class:

- The Washington Redskins are the only team to have all of their draft picks signed.

- Cleveland, Green Bay, Indianapolis and Minnesota have yet to sign a single draft choice.

- 11 of the first 63 players chosen (rounds 1 and 2) have agreed to contracts.

OpIv37
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
A lot of teams are having a hard time getting there picks signed not just the Bills.

This true. The circumstances around the CBA are making it hard to get players to sign, and it's usually pretty difficult for first round selections anyway. Also guys like Hardy who dropped on draft day can sometimes be problematic because they think their worth is more than their draft position (not saying that Hardy is doing that- just saying that it's a common situation).

However, it still does not bode well for us on the field. We need Hardy and McKelvin to get as many reps as possible, since both will get significant playing time and both could be starting at some point this year.

PECKERWOOD
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I think what we're seeing is the owners and GM's fighting back against rookies and their agents along with the hefty contracts that we've come to expect.

Bone
07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I've seen pretty much every big name reciever signed except Hardy, He will be at camp on time, book it.

Confused
07-23-2008, 07:47 PM
HArdy better be at camp.