PDA

View Full Version : Whitner Explains Guarantee

Romes
07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/EXCLUSIVE_Exact_reasons_why_I_made_OUR_guarantee_leave_a_comment_please/294613#view_comments

Ok so after a good day of blogging Im gonna call it quits for the day but tomorrow we report to camp and Im more ready than ever. After the guarantee I've received a lot of phone calls, emails, messages on myspace and messages on facebook, some good and definantly some from the doubters. It's definantly motivation for the entire organization to get going. Were all in this together and its been too long since the city of Buffalo has experienced a winning team and trust me all buffalo fans and will experience the playoffs and once in the playoffs anything can happen. Just look at the Giants last year.

Why did I make the guarantee?

-well 1st off because I know we have all the pieces in place

-we have experience (in the previous two years we very very young and injured)

-special teams( for the last 4 yrs we've had the #1 spot for special teams stats and a #2 finish)

-Defense (our roster is loaded with cb's that can really play not just a bunch of bodies, which will allow us to utilize more defensive packages and schemes, and not be so predictable and allow qb's to bleed us all the way down the field hoping they make a mistake)

-offensive line (and two your surprise this yr it wont just be Marshawn, Freddie is one of the hardest workers I've ever seen so look forward to a two headed RB/WR duo and thats all Im going to say about them you'll have to just wait and se it on your own)

LAST AND FINAL REASON IS THE FANS OF BUFFALO!!!! THEY WILL BE THE REASON WE MAKE OUR RUN. I WANT TO CHALLENGE EVERY FAN THAT ATTENDS A GAME IN BUFALO THIS YEAR.........LET ME SAY THIS CLEARY.........."LET'S MAKE BUFFALO THE SCARIEST PLACE TO PLAY IN THE NFL, WE WILL DO OUR PART ON THE FIELD BY BEING THE MOST PHYSICAL TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND YOU GUYS DO YOUR PART BY CURSING, YELLING, THROWING SNOWBALLS WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO BRING IT HOME. CAN U ACCEPT THE BILL-EVE CHALLENGE? WILL YOU DO YOUR PART? THIS PIC SYMBOLIZES THE THE DETERMINATION OF THE NEW ERA BUFFALO BILLS!!!! PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT!!!

I'm pumped!

Mitchy moo
07-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Homers.

The Spaz
07-23-2008, 09:59 PM
**** yeah! I Bill-Eve!!!:up::beers:

BAM
07-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Definantly, Whitner!

raphael120
07-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Well...Donte and the Bills better back up the hype. I like what I'm hearing but I've said that every offseason...never liked what I saw when regular season came.

Mitchy moo
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Definantly,

:band:

raphael120
07-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Bad ass he has his own blog though..be cool to see what he posts during training camp.

Romes
07-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Bad ass he has his own blog though..be cool to see what he posts during training camp.

Yeah, its definitely cool. Marshawn's got one, too. Though, not as active...

Marshawn's last post:

well its bout dat time... time to put on da hard hat and put n sum dirty work... off season was koo i had a kids camp on july 12 in Oakland had a solid turn out bout 600 kids... Lamar Woodly LB from pitt and his cuzin Sam came out to help... had prizes 4 all da kids and sum good life learned lessons dat we talk to da kids bout... just runnin n da yard sayin whats up.....hold ya chin up.....nuh nuh nuh ....gone

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/gettin_back_to_work/292851

yordad
07-23-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't know how to take this. On one hand you don't want your soon-to-be elected captain making excuses for last season. On the other hand, his excuses are ligit, and it reinforces what we have all been saying.

I like it, I think.

DrGraves
07-24-2008, 12:25 AM
i love this. if you're a bills fan you have to love this. even if you know your teamn is going to be 1-15 you want to hear this... you want your players to believe in the team you want that energy you want it so bad uhhh yeah babby... lets go buffalo lets go buffalo the bills make me wanna shout! uhh yeah damn hell yeah buffalo. 2009 buffalo bills

edwarsds 4ooo yarsds,
marshawn, 2000 yards 29 td's
evans 1000 yrds
hardy 10 td's
puz, league d mvp
parrish 5 punt tds
mcgee 10 kick tds
moorman 219 yards rushing on fake punts
lindell 67 yard fg world record f that redskins faker
toronto is gay
buffalo is cool

DrGraves
07-24-2008, 12:25 AM
i love this. if you're a bills fan you have to love this. even if you know your teamn is going to be 1-15 you want to hear this... you want your players to believe in the team you want that energy you want it so bad uhhh yeah babby... lets go buffalo lets go buffalo the bills make me wanna shout! uhh yeah damn hell yeah buffalo. 2009 buffalo bills

edwarsds 4ooo yarsds,
evans 1000 yrds
hardy 10 td's
puz, league d mvp
parrish 5 punt tds
mcgee 10 kick tds
toronto is gay
buffalo is cool

djjimkelly
07-24-2008, 12:29 AM
funny he didnt say 1 thing about the qb position.

shelby
07-24-2008, 04:30 AM
i love what he had to say about Fred Jackson.
:up:

jamze132
07-24-2008, 04:47 AM

edwarsds 4ooo yarsds,
evans 1000 yrds
hardy 10 td's
puz, league d mvp
parrish 5 punt tds
mcgee 10 kick tds
toronto is gay
buffalo is cool
:rofl:

Mr. Pink
07-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Throw snowballs as fans? :rofl: Now he's advocating actions that will get you thrown out of the stadium. Excellent!

Glad to see he has much confidence in the passing game though!

billsburgh
07-24-2008, 06:49 AM
that's not leadership

Patti120
07-24-2008, 07:24 AM
I like it! Has me pumped!

Patrick76777
07-24-2008, 07:47 AM
I like Whitner as a player. I think he's going to have a great year.

THATHURMANATOR
07-24-2008, 07:53 AM
that's not leadership
Yes it is actually.

SABuffalo786
07-24-2008, 08:05 AM
We're not the scariest place to play already???

I'm kind of insulted ;)

LtBillsFan66
07-24-2008, 08:19 AM
LETS GO EAT SOME *****!

Romes
07-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Looks like Whitner is really serious about keeping a daily blog...and about the Bills getting to the playoffs.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/My_daily_thoughts/294840

justasportsfan
07-24-2008, 10:43 AM
-well 1st off because I know we have all the pieces in place

-we have experience (in the previous two years we very very young and injured)

-special teams( for the last 4 yrs we've had the #1 spot for special teams stats and a #2 finish)

-Defense (our roster is loaded with cb's that can really play not just a bunch of bodies, which will allow us to utilize more defensive packages and schemes, and not be so predictable and allow qb's to bleed us all the way down the field hoping they make a mistake)

-offensive line (and two your surprise this yr it wont just be Marshawn, Freddie is one of the hardest workers I've ever seen so look forward to a two headed RB/WR duo and thats all Im going to say about them you'll have to just wait and se it on your own)
WTH does Whitner know? OP knows the state of the team better.

billsburgh
07-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes it is actually.
I know. where's that sarcasm smiley?

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 10:53 AM
WTH does Whitner know? OP knows the state of the team better.

and what Whitner says publicly when defending himself is supposed to be an objective source? Whitner may think this offense is the worst in the history of the NFL but there's no way he's going to admit to it on the record.

Does Whitner know more than me? Of course.
Can Whitner's public be comments be taken at face value? Of course not.

And that's not a slam on Whitner personally- anyone in the public eye has to play the PR game.

djjimkelly
07-24-2008, 11:49 AM
and what Whitner says publicly when defending himself is supposed to be an objective source? Whitner may think this offense is the worst in the history of the NFL but there's no way he's going to admit to it on the record.

Does Whitner know more than me? Of course.
Can Whitner's public be comments be taken at face value? Of course not.

And that's not a slam on Whitner personally- anyone in the public eye has to play the PR game.

i still find it funny that whitner made such a glowing statement about the qb situation lol sarcasm off

madness
07-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm sure Whitner has doubts about the QB and that's why he didn't say anything about the position. In fact, if you listen close enough, you can hear a crackle in his voice when he guaranteed the playoffs due to unstable QB play.

Unbelievable.. I guess the hater's record always plays the same song.

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm sure Whitner has doubts about the QB and that's why he didn't say anything about the position. In fact, if you listen close enough, you can hear a crackle in his voice when he guaranteed the playoffs due to unstable QB play.

Unbelievable.. I guess the hater's record always plays the same song.

Being pissed that Whitner guaranteed something largely outside of his control on a very suspect team makes someone a hater? Not wanting to make missing the playoffs more embarrassing than it already is makes someone a hater? Not liking arrogance makes someone a hater? Questioning a guarantee from a player who hasn't done **** in the NFL in 2 years makes someone a hater?

patmoran2006
07-24-2008, 12:32 PM
OP
Come give me a hug man.. Let's hug it out.

madness
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Being pissed that Whitner guaranteed something largely outside of his control on a very suspect team makes someone a hater? Not wanting to make missing the playoffs more embarrassing than it already is makes someone a hater? Not liking arrogance makes someone a hater? Questioning a guarantee from a player who hasn't done **** in the NFL in 2 years makes someone a hater?

I swear you make up arguments just to appease yourself. I was referring to the people who hinted Whitner had doubts about the QB position just because he didn't mention it.

I'm honestly not big on guarantees myself. Too many uncontrollable circumstances in life to guarantee anything.

Benjamin Franklin would say... "Donte Whitner doesn't guarantee playoffs, only the pursuit of it."

justasportsfan
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Whitner may think this offense is the worst in the history of the NFL but there's no way he's going to admit to it on the record.. If he thought the D would be worse he wouldn't guarantee it.

His so called "arrogance" stems from his confidence based on what he's seen so far at OTA's not only with the rookies but the players last that now have experience and are injury free ,plus the additions up front.

Captain gameboy
07-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Whitner's comment aside, I find it humerus and unbelievable that anyone would think of the comment as meaningful to an opposing team.

These guys are playing for their lives and livelihood every week.

Saying you're going to score three td's against a pass defense or opining that you are going to win the super bowl the week prior is one thing-what he said is meaningless, outside of the Bills org.

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Whitner's comment aside, I find it humerus and unbelievable that anyone would think of the comment as meaningful to an opposing team.

These guys are playing for their lives and livelihood every week.

Saying you're going to score three td's against a pass defense or opining that you are going to win the super bowl the week prior is one thing-what he said is meaningless, outside of the Bills org.

I disagree but it doesn't matter- a guarantee is still arrogant regardless of whether or not it ends up on another team's bulletin board.

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 01:51 PM
If he thought the D would be worse he wouldn't guarantee it.

His so called "arrogance" stems from his confidence based on what he's seen so far at OTA's not only with the rookies but the players last that now have experience and are injury free ,plus the additions up front.

There is a difference between confidence and arrogance and Whitner crossed the line.

I've been asking this since Whitner first made his comments and none of you Whitner apologists have answered it yet:

What's wrong with saying "Our goal is to make the playoffs and I believe we have the tools to make it happen?" A statement like that shows confidence without being arrogant.

djjimkelly
07-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I swear you make up arguments just to appease yourself. I was referring to the people who hinted Whitner had doubts about the QB position just because he didn't mention it.

I'm honestly not big on guarantees myself. Too many uncontrollable circumstances in life to guarantee anything.

Benjamin Franklin would say... "Donte Whitner doesn't guarantee playoffs, only the pursuit of it."

and once again what glowing statement has he made about the qb position ive been listening to sirius very carefully all offseason to hear what players say about the qb position. i know what conclusions to draw by not hearing any commentary on the qb position.

sorry but you of course have to be right and of course i have to be wrong( or a hater)(becuz my track record isnt solidSARCASM) to think something is amiss when i dont hear glowing commentary about the 1 position that matters the most!!!!!!

The Spaz
07-24-2008, 03:21 PM
and once again what glowing statement has he made about the qb position ive been listening to sirius very carefully all offseason to hear what players say about the qb position. i know what conclusions to draw by not hearing any commentary on the qb position.

sorry but you of course have to be right and of course i have to be wrong( or a hater)(becuz my track record isnt solidSARCASM) to think something is amiss when i dont hear glowing commentary about the 1 position that matters the most!!!!!!

He didn't mention Lee Evans, Marshawn Lynch either so he must think they suck too?!:rolleyes: Besides Whitner was mic'd up during the giants game last year he he specifically said "I like trent" when he was walking up and down the sidelines when the offense was on the field.

tat2dmike77
07-24-2008, 03:23 PM
It took OP till the second page to come in and argue with everyone. What the hell usually when he sees Whitner and Guarantee he is the second or 3rd person to start telling us all how much the bills will suck.

I'm with him he's right he has taken all of my faith i had in this team and smashed it then burned it and buried it. This team will suck. Even though i had my own personal good reasons to thinking this team would be a good team OP showed me that i am ******ed when it comes to football and i should build a shrine in his honor.

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 03:26 PM
It took OP till the second page to come in and argue with everyone. What the hell usually when he sees Whitner and Guarantee he is the second or 3rd person to start telling us all how much the bills will suck.

I'm with him he's right he has taken all of my faith i had in this team and smashed it then burned it and buried it. This team will suck. Even though i had my own personal good reasons to thinking this team would be a good team OP showed me that i am ******ed when it comes to football and i should build a shrine in his honor.

In case you didn't notice, I stayed silent in this thread until justa called me out.

And your comment is just a slam on me and has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Of course I'm going to slam Whitner every time the topic of the guarantee comes up because guarantees in sports are arrogant and stupid.

Will one of you Whitner apologists PLEASE tell me what's wrong with saying "Our goal is to make the playoffs and I believe we have the tools to make it happen?" He had the option of making a confident statement but instead chose to make an arrogant one.

justasportsfan
07-24-2008, 03:29 PM
There is a difference between confidence and arrogance and Whitner crossed the line.

I've been asking this since Whitner first made his comments and none of you Whitner apologists have answered it yet:

What's wrong with saying "Our goal is to make the playoffs and I believe we have the tools to make it happen?" A statement like that shows confidence without being arrogant.
I didn't deny his statement was arrogant. But his arrogance stems from the fact that he's is confident and that confidence stems from what he's seen at camp.

What have you seen at camp that makes you so pessimistic?

justasportsfan
07-24-2008, 03:32 PM
In case you didn't notice, I stayed silent in this thread until justa called me out.

:fishing: You're easier than a $5 crack whore. ;)

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 03:38 PM
:fishing: You're easier than a $5 crack whore. ;)

hey I have no problems getting called out- I set myself up for it with my own statements. I'm simply challenging tat's premise that I couldn't wait to jump in this thread to dis Whitner.

justasportsfan
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
hey I have no problems getting called out- I set myself up for it with my own statements. I'm simply challenging tat's premise that I couldn't wait to jump in this thread to dis Whitner.
you were shaking like an addict going through withdrawals. Admit it. I just made it easier for you ;)

jmb1099
07-24-2008, 08:42 PM
What I like about Whitner's explanation is that it isn't the typical Joey Porter style run your mouth without substance kind of thing. Arrogant or not he has a well thought out response. Hopefully his body will cash the check his mouth has written.

jmb1099
07-24-2008, 08:43 PM
you were shaking like an addict going through withdrawals. Admit it. I just made it easier for you ;)
funniest post in a long time... omg