PDA

View Full Version : My Draft-give Me Your Thoughts On My Weaknesses

SABURZFAN
08-27-2002, 07:52 AM
i just had a draft in a 12 man league.i want your opinions on my weaknesses whether it be backup QB,4th receiver,RB's,etc....my team is as followed:

QB-bledsoe
k.collins
RB-holmes
a.thomas
garner
wheatley
WR-key.johnson
d.mason
toomer
warrick
b.franks
gadsden
riemersma
k- mare
lindell
def-pittsburgh
indy

i'm worried about my WR's but i've had people tell me that franks should have a big year with schroeder and freeman gone.one person tells me that this could be warrick's breakthrough season.i'm not convinced because of the QB situation.

:feedback:

Earthquake Enyart
08-27-2002, 08:52 AM
Maybe since they went with Ferotte, you'll be ok with Warrick. I seem to pick him every year, looking for that guy who was unstoppable in college. Now with Scott gone, this is put up or shut up time for Warrick.

ct bills fan
08-27-2002, 04:18 PM
It's a strong team for a 12 team league. No glaring weaknesses - solid rb's, good (but not great) wr's, Bledsoe should put up some numbers. Collins is a little worrisome as your backup QB

standingbuffalo43
08-28-2002, 06:05 PM
strengths:

RB is solid good 3 back rotation w/ Holmes/Thomas/oakland RB de jour...
good TE tandem...
your WRs arent that bad...Johnson should excel in Grudens system, Mason is the #1 wr on his team, and Warrick is in that magical 3rd season for a WR(usually the year WRs bloom)...I feel you'll get petty decent production out of those 3...Gadsen doesnt impress me, but is expendable trade bait and could fill in during bye weeks if nothing better @ WR comes along...

Weaknesses:

Both toomer and Collins have to go... they stink and on top of that, they will go up against some bada$$ secondaries w/in their division...The NYGs may have one of the least productive offenses in the nfl this year...well, except for carolina...lol

SB43's advice:
not knowing who any free agents are, I'd say...
drop lindell/indy (no need for 2 Ds & Ks cluttering up a roster), pick up a guy like Frerotte, Chandler, Brees, Testeverde, Brunell or Dilfer (if available, check his status) would all be better options than Kerry Collins... at WR look for guys like W.Jackson/Finneran, Hakim,reggie Wayne, Pathon or even an RB like Olandis Gary (who should start on week1) to bolster/insure your RBs depth...dont be afraid (once youve replaced Collins and toomer w/ lindell and indy's roster spots to then drop those losers and go for backups that are an injury away from being starters...(Amos Zeroue, Canidate, Mack, Alstott, etc)

good luck...

sb43

ps...

the first ones free...
after that i have to charge you...

clumping platelets
08-28-2002, 11:24 PM
Need help at WR no true #1 fantasy WR.

Dump Lindell and grab another K

I have no problem with Toomer as your #3 or #4 WR, BUT Collins must go as your backup

Ebenezer
08-29-2002, 07:34 AM
except for WR I like it...especially in a 12 team league

eyedog
08-29-2002, 08:04 AM
you may come in last place.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by eyedog
you may come in last place.

thanks eyedog.you got a featherduster i can borrow?gotta keep the basement clean.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Need help at WR no true #1 fantasy WR.

Dump Lindell and grab another K

I have no problem with Toomer as your #3 or #4 WR, BUT Collins must go as your backup

i dropped lindell for t.richardson.i have someone bending my ear about holmes and heard that he tried to pick up richardson.he has holt but is reluctant to trade him.i'm not a collins fan either but i have him in 3 drafts as my backup.

eyedog
08-30-2002, 07:42 AM
that was funny saburzfan.