PDA

View Full Version : King can say "playoff drought" all he wants..

mybills
07-24-2008, 10:05 AM
and yes, the Bills have been in a playoff drought...but how much does Favre really have left in his tank? You can't dismiss that.

http://admin.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3661

HughC
07-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I keep hearing that Favre is not willing to be a backup, and he only wants to go to a Super Bowl contender. Can a team that is looking for a starting quarterback be taken seriously as a super bowl contender?

If that requirement is true, then Favre needs to lower his standards slightly to 'playoff contender'. Forget Minnesota, Green Bay is not going to help out a division rival who they play twice and will be competing with for the division title.

I keep hearing Tampa Bay, but although that be Favre's choice there is absolutely no incentive for Green Bay to trade him there. The Packers play the Bucs this year and could be competing with them for a wild card spot, or could meet them in the playoffs. In addition, if Tampa Bay gets Favre, there's a good chance that they trade Garcia to the Vikings. So if Green Bay sends Favre to Tampa, then they improve two other NFC playoff contenders; why in the world would they do that?

An AFC team makes the most sense, something that King (and many others in the media) seem to be ignoring.

TacklingDummy
07-24-2008, 02:38 PM
and yes, the Bills have been in a playoff drought...but how much does Favre really have left in his tank? You can't dismiss that.

Favre makes the Bills go from playoff pretenders to playoff contenders.

RedEyE
07-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Farve will have very little choice in where he goes. Green Bay will either trade him to the AFC or keep him.

mybills
07-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree, Red. I think they're screwing with him for now. I don't think he deserves that.

patmoran2006
07-24-2008, 03:32 PM
i want it to be buffalo.

but im starting to think if farve gets dealt, it will be to the jets

justasportsfan
07-24-2008, 03:34 PM
They should trade Farve to the jets. Farve for Chad. Both WCO qb's.

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Buffalo isn't going to the Super Bowl with or without Favre.
Buffalo isn't going to the playoffs without Favre.
Buffalo may go to the playoffs with Favre.

None of this is worth discussing because Buffalo isn't getting Favre. We're not enough of a contender for him to want to play here, it would slow Trent's development and be a 1-2 year "rent-a-player" and there's no way the Bills give him $9 million a year. We only give that much money to guys like Schobel and Mike Williams who don't do jack ****.

justasportsfan
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Buffalo isn't going to the playoffs without Favre.

there you go talking in absolutes and yet other posters here get crap from you when they do should their absolutes be positive.

You make a horrible Ms. Cleo.

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
there you go talking in absolutes and yet other posters here get crap from you when they do should their absolutes be positive.

You make a horrible Ms. Cleo.
I firmly believe that this team is not making the playoffs this year due to the many reasons I've already stated.

I am not going to take the time to qualify my statements with "I believe" or "it's my opinion that" every time I type something just so you and Lecter don't get on my case about absolutes.

HHURRICANE
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I really think that the only team Favre helps is the Packers. He knows the team, WRs, etc.

I actually think the Bills would be no better with him unless Edwards is destined to lay a complete egg this year.