PDA

View Full Version : Who is your sleeper pick for Triaing Camp in 08'

bigbub2352
07-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Every year we all go Bills crazy and think we found the next hidden Gem of the NFL

I have a few sleeper guys i think are gonna surprise some people in camp this year and i am interested to think who you guys will emerge and grab one of the 53 man roster spots

1. Jonathan Banks LB Iowa St he is 6ft 2 232lbs and runs in the high 4.5s he was a converted saftey so he has above average coverage skills and is a pursuit LBers sideline to sideline, if he can show ST promise he may be able to push Blake Costanzo for a final LBer spot

2. Robert Felton G Arkansas he is 6ft 4 and 324lbs, he is a little soft but was rated to be a mid round draft pick by all my draft guides, and has experiance playing all the spots on the Line, we need interior depth and this is a kid with a little coaching and strength and conditioning could end up a valuable UDFA

3. Steve Johnson WR Kentucky, 6ft 2 210lbs, i am sure he is everyone sleeper but i truly was amazed he lasted till he picked him someone with over 1,000 yds rec and 13tds playing the competition he faced has steal written all over him and i think he will beat out Jusitn Jenkins for the 5th spot or they will keep 6 WRs

4. Teraz McCray DT/DE Miami 6ft 1 287lbs, this is a guy again i thought was drafted and was listed as a mid round prospect, i dont know if he makes the squad right off the bat but he had 6 sacks last year and is a sideline to sideline type player he will be on the PS and may push Jason Jefferson aka (Dr Dre) for a roster spot i hope

5. Courtney Anderson TE 6ft 6 270lbs this is a guy with all world potential and was misused in his last stint with the Raiders, i really think he will be valuable in the redzone, and could be a nice saftey valve for TE underneath, i think they will keep him as the number 3 Tight End behind Fine and Royal, and i think Schouman will be kept on the roster as a backup FB/TE hybrid type behind Barnes, we need all the size we can get for the redzone

Any thoughts on anyone else?

Pinkerton Security
07-24-2008, 10:21 AM
i really feel like steve johnson has what it takes to be a good wr in this league.

Tatonka
07-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Omon.

i think he is going to light it up in the preseason.

DraftBoy
07-24-2008, 10:26 AM
WR Jason Jones
QB Matt Baker
OG Robert Felton
LB Marcus Buggs

bigbub2352
07-24-2008, 11:09 AM
WR Jason Jones
QB Matt Baker
OG Robert Felton
LB Marcus Buggs

Matt Baker will beat out Gibran Hamden?
I like that idea as well
Felton i think was the gem of the UDFA crop
and i think Jason Jones will be on the PS he has 4.3 speed and 6ft 1 needs to add some weight

The Jokeman
07-24-2008, 11:13 AM
WR Justin Jenkins. He played in 11 games with the team last season and played very well on STs. I expect he'll stick around for another year and allow Steve Johnson to develop on the practice squad this year.

raphael120
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
I'd say Steve Johnson but I don't see him being used at all...we never use our 5th WR. I think we'll see Jackson as a WR more than Johnson.

I'd like to think someone who will impress would be Felton because I hope he can be good enough to get Melvin "On My Ass All Day" Folwer out of here.

ParanoidAndroid
07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Alvin Bowen bumps Ellison

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Chris Ellis- DE.

I know- it's tough to call a 3rd round pick a "sleeper" and the early OTA reports on him are not good, but let's face it- neither are our other DE's. Currently, Copeland Bryan is our 4th DE and there are ZERO stats on the guy- as far as I can tell, he's never even played in an NFL game. Given the way we rotate our DL and the limitations of Kelsay and Denney, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ellis in the rotation.

madness
07-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Not a so much a sleeper because of minicamps but Shouman will pick up where he left off.

Oaf
07-24-2008, 12:25 PM
5. Courtney Anderson TE 6ft 6 270lbs this is a guy with all world potential and was misused in his last stint with the Raiders,

How so?

justasportsfan
07-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Shouman

madness
07-24-2008, 01:02 PM
How so?

I wouldn't call it misused since they had to do something about that horrible line. He was mostly called to stay in and block and even when their TE's did get out they barely ever could finish out their routes before the pass protection broke down.

Oaf
07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't call it misused since they had to do something about that horrible line. He was mostly called to stay in and block and even when their TE's did get out they barely ever could finish out their routes before the pass protection broke down. Thanks madness.

My sleeper for TC and for SEASON is..

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/068r1YzcHfbXT/610x.jpg

Freddie Jackson.

acehole
07-24-2008, 01:17 PM
WR Jason Jones
QB Matt Baker
OG Robert Felton
LB Marcus Buggs

Perfect...all my choices.

Captain gameboy
07-24-2008, 01:20 PM
In an absolute seizure of pre camp enthusiasm, I am going to go out on a long limb.

Trent Edwards is going to light it up.

We have waited so long, and God owes us.

Besides, bad things happen to bad people, and God is going to punish Op.

Jaybird
07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
steven johnson. the next colsten!!!!

bigbub2352
07-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks madness.

My sleeper for TC and for SEASON is..

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/068r1YzcHfbXT/610x.jpg

Freddie Jackson.

You cant really call a guy who started games last year for us a sleeper, although i think we r loaded at RB finally

As per your other question it is exactly what madness said he was kept in to block and he is actually a former WR in college so he was misused in the fact that he was cut for being an ineffective blocker and fell out of favor of the coaching staff, i think given the fact that Royal and Fine are both strong inline blockers should free up Courtney to be strickly a pass catching TE, we need a TE that can get open in the Red Zone i am hoping Anderson will do that for us

bigbub2352
07-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Not a so much a sleeper because of minicamps but Shouman will pick up where he left off.

I think Schouman when it is all said and done will be a FB/TE hybrid lining up in the back feild on passing situations allowing them to keep 3 TEs still

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 01:56 PM
In an absolute seizure of pre camp enthusiasm, I am going to go out on a long limb.

Trent Edwards is going to light it up.

We have waited so long, and God owes us.

Besides, bad things happen to bad people, and God is going to punish Op.

how would Trent being good punish me? I want him to be good and I want the Bills to win.
I'd much rather eat crow on a message board than watch the Bills lose.

Captain gameboy
07-24-2008, 02:18 PM
how would Trent being good punish me? I want him to be good and I want the Bills to win.
I'd much rather eat crow on a message board than watch the Bills lose.

That's a start, but I still expect you to be punished.