• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

On Peters, just to play a game for a second

Im a HUGE Peters fan and want him locked up as a Bills for his whole career... hes home grown, hes a overachiever, and he came out of nowhere. I love what he stands for.

But the Bills are taking a hardlined approach as is Peters. Who loses? the team ultimately by not having him on the starting line. If you are going to play hardball and Peters doesnt show and wont play, you might as well trade him, get something that can help us soon, and move on rather than have a distraction.

So, it begs the question, What could we get in trade for him?

Is he worth a 1st rounder?

Id rather have a player and a pick.

Whats he worth?

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: On Peters, just to play a game for a second

He's worth a new contract ... next off-season.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
      He's worth a new contract ... next off-season.
      Obviously.

But what if the Bills brass refuse to pay the top 5 LT bill that it will take? That, alone wouldnt be a big deal per say as long as Peters plays and his holdout doesnt screw up how good he is on the field. But if Peters also doesnt play, we suddenly have a major hole.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

If the Bills refuse to pay and they trade him, it would PROVE that this team cares about the gate more than the field.

He's the best player on the team, he's young and just barely entering his prime, and there is no player we'll get in return that can begin to make up for him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          If the Bills refuse to pay and they trade him, it would PROVE that this team cares about the gate more than the field.

He's the best player on the team, he's young and just barely entering his prime, and there is no player we'll get in return that can begin to make up for him.
          Totally agree!

Apparently hes willing to sit out the whole season according to Schefter.

I actually am a bit down on Russ for this one.

He didnt come out and talk about how good Peters was and how he would really like to have him in camp, and talk nice nice, taking the high road. Instead he comes out and throws the stiff arm on the situation saying they will move on without him, and they expect him to honor his contract from two years ago... On that

Correct me if Im worng, but didnt he sign that contract after starting at RT? He then goes on to move to LT and becaomes a pro-bowler. That earns him more money and Russ ought to know that. He does, hes playing games. If a player makes a huge leap forward, and going from a decent RT to a pro-bowl top 5 LT is a HUGE leap forward, he deserves a pay increase.

Your exactly right Pat, Ive said it for years. Pay the going rate for players or sell the team because you wont compete.

If they dont want to pay him, and hes going to sit the season, trade him.

Id say hes worth a 1st.

Id prefer a player and a pick.

How about Vernon Davis? (I know we both like him alot). Or Terrell Suggs, the Ravens dont have Ogden and have a young QB(s). I know we would have to then resign Suggs but that would make our D sick.

How about a bigtime pass rusher

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

Get a room you two.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER
              Get a room you two.
              Well, you picked the right name , HAMMER...

Your definitely a tool.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Nothing short of two first, at seasons end. So no. You can't trade him.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                  • Sep 2005

Peters and Losman for Favre.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tiburon1724
                    Peters and Losman for Favre.
                    why?

What good would having Favre do us without Peters? Any QB we put back there would be screwed.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                      Nothing short of two first, at seasons end. So no. You can't trade him.
                      Why keep a holdout? I mean, not a training camp holdout, I mean a season holdout. Why keep him? At that point, you would have basically held firm that you wont give him a new contract for that long, a whole season. And Peters would have shown he wont play for a whole season. There would be no end in sight in my mind. So, why keep him at that point?

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        why?

What good would having Favre do us without Peters? Any QB we put back there would be screwed.
                        I agree

Now if it was Joe Thomas and a pick for Peters, that I could do.

Comment

• tatersalad
                          • Apr 2008

What is a franchise LT worth PRICELESS he is not gonna be traded but for the sake of your argument what was Orlando Pace worth 5 yrs ago?? 3 #1's, these guys are rare and we will not let him go this is called posturing by both sides he will get his 8yr 65 mill soon

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by tatersalad
                            What is a franchise LT worth PRICELESS he is not gonna be traded but for the sake of your argument what was Orlando Pace worth 5 yrs ago?? 3 #1's, these guys are rare and we will not let him go this is called posturing by both sides he will get his 8yr 65 mill soon
                            8yrs 65 mill????

Do you happen to also own the Brooklyn bridge?

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Ya know...

Im not sure theree is any other player on this team where a holdout worries me as much or more than Peters.

Seriously, anyone else could hold out and it would not worry me as much as Peters holding out.

Schobel? we have rotational guys, it would be a loss, but not as huge as Peters
                              Evans? it would be a big blow but would only hurt our passing game and we still have other starter (s)
                              Edwards? Sure that would be huge but he isnt a pro-bowler so the loss isnt the same
                              Lynch? yes that would be huge but we again have decent backups

Peters plays the most important OL position, is critical for both the pass and the run, and is our best player on the whole team.

Please, please, act like a true NFL team and pay the guy what he is worth Russ. He is worth every damn penny.

Comment

Working...
                              X