• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

It's ok if Jason Peters doesn't play

I mean, Kirk Chambers got the start at the end of last season so he has some experience. He'll be taking all the first team reps in practice this off season and he has the whole extra off-season to practice.

It's another year in the same basic system. So, he should be a lot better.

If the logic works for Edwards, Lynch and the rest of the OL, why not Kirk Chambers? Who needs Jason Peters?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: It's ok if Jason Peters doesn't play

Yeah it's almost the same without the ability...

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
      Yeah it's almost the same without the ability...
      Ability shmability. All the same. Don't go evaluating players on their merits!
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

if Kirk Chambers is our starting LT we better get on the horn with every QB in the country who is out of a job and tell them to stay in shape.. He'll get 8-9 QB's killed, minimum.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

ill play some QB for the bills..... I am the champ at the shovel pass

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            if Kirk Chambers is our starting LT we better get on the horn with every QB in the country who is out of a job and tell them to stay in shape.. He'll get 8-9 QB's killed, minimum.
            no kidding.

So much for opening up the offense and letting Trent go. He'll be a check down machine again because he won't have any other choice.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              no kidding.

So much for opening up the offense and letting Trent go. He'll be a check down machine again because he won't have any other choice.
              That's where our 6 TE's come in handy.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I mean, Kirk Chambers got the start at the end of last season so he has some experience. He'll be taking all the first team reps in practice this off season and he has the whole extra off-season to practice.

If the logic works for Edwards, Lynch and the rest of the OL, why not Kirk Chambers? Who needs Jason Peters?
                Op, I follow the sarcasm. But, would Chamber not be better? Would he not benifit from experience? Granted better then horrible still sucks, but when a player is average and gets better, he becomes better then average.

You act as if you don't believe the kid could benefit from more snaps, and more experience. As if it would make him worst or something.

No number of snaps is going to make him Jason Peters, but he can get better with every one.

Could lifting weights longer make someone stronger? Can target practice make someone a better shot? Can cooking something over and over help you make your recipe better? Can practicing your footwork make it second nature? Could blocking bigger stronger guys more and more ofter make you stronger and better at blocking? Could your stamina increase with the higher number of snaps? Could it help in learning and getting the assignments down? Understanding what the guy next to you is doing, what his strengths and weaknesses are, and what he is capable of? Could you learn more about what your capable of with more tries? Could you gain confidence?

"Gelling" might be overrated, but IMO, experience is very important. And, we all have experiences to prove experience is important.

I'll give you one.... I use to wrestle. When I was a kid and just starting out, I was at a tournament and me and this very weak looking kid were looking over the brackets. I noticed this scrawny dude standing next to me was looking at the same line I was. At the same time I asked him his name and he asked mine. Turns out, he was my next opponent. Now, if you looked at me, then him, you might of thought I weighted a lot more, and that I was going to spin him around with a finger then pin him while standing on his chest.

Turns out that although we were both young, he had been wrestling for years. And honestly, embarrassingly enough, he whooped the crap out of me. Years later I was doing that to others.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                  Op, I follow the sarcasm. But, would Chamber not be better? Would he not benifit from experience? Granted better then horrible still sucks, but when a player is average and gets better, he becomes better then average.

You act as if you don't believe the kid could benefit from more snaps, and more experience. As if it would make him worst or something.

No number of snaps is going to make him Jason Peters, but he can get better with every one.

Could lifting weights longer make someone stronger? Can target practice make someone a better shot? Can cooking something over and over help you make your recipe better? Can practicing your footwork make it second nature? Could blocking bigger stronger guys more and more ofter make you stronger and better at blocking? Could your stamina increase with the higher number of snaps? Could it help in learning and getting the assignments down? Understanding what the guy next to you is doing, what his strengths and weaknesses are, and what he is capable of? Could you learn more about what your capable of with more tries? Could you gain confidence?

"Gelling" might be overrated, but IMO, experience is very important. And, we all have experiences to prove experience is important.

I'll give you one.... I use to wrestle. When I was a kid and just starting out, I was at a tournament and me and this very weak looking kid were looking over the brackets. I noticed this scrawny dude standing next to me was looking at the same line I was. At the same time I asked him his name and he asked mine. Turns out, he was my next opponent. Now, if you looked at me, then him, you might of thought I weighted a lot more, and that I was going to spin him around with a finger then pin him while standing on his chest.

Turns out that although we were both young, he had been wrestling for years. And honestly, embarrassingly enough, he whooped the crap out of me. Years later I was doing that to others.
                  Field the best team, it raises our chances to win.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
                    Field the best team, it raises our chances to win.
                    Skoobs, did you just post this in the wrong thread? Because if not, I think you misunderstood the conversation.

No one is claiming it would be better to field our backups.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I will grant that Chambers could be better than he was last season, but he was pretty bad when I saw him. I sincerely hope the Bills and Peters can get together soon. I get that Peters had 3 years on his contract and should play it out, but the Bills set the precedent, renegotiating deals with Schobel and Kelsay with time left on the old deals.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Chambers = Lynch.

Interesting.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• eyedog
                          • Jul 2002

They overpay the two overrated d-ends and under pay the best player on the team. Makes sense to me.

Maybe they should have prepared a little better for this moment. Everybody on this board fiqured out Peters was gonna come looking for a new contract to match his skills. Instead of drafting an undersized olb and fifteen cb's they should have gotten a legit o-lineman in the 4th or 5th rd.

Brandon is playing hardball now but lets not get stupid. You can't go into the season with Chambers starting. Pay him and get him in camp.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

in your example, it was YEARS later and you were practicing during those years. We're talking a few MONTHS of off season here.

And anyway, it was more sarcastic, aimed at all the people who think Trent and the rest of the O is going to be good because of "experience." If they're true to their logic, Kirk Chambers in place of Jason Peters shouldn't scare them.

Of course, realistically Chambers is a HUGE downgrade. Could he become a great LT? Maybe- if Peters can become a pro bowl LT after being an undrafted TE, anything is possible. But right now, Peters is far superior.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              Chambers = Lynch.

Interesting.
                              why not? If it works for Lynch and Edwards and the offense as a whole, why wouldn't it work for Chambers?
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X