PDA

View Full Version : It's ok if Jason Peters doesn't play

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 08:51 PM
I mean, Kirk Chambers got the start at the end of last season so he has some experience. He'll be taking all the first team reps in practice this off season and he has the whole extra off-season to practice.

It's another year in the same basic system. So, he should be a lot better.

If the logic works for Edwards, Lynch and the rest of the OL, why not Kirk Chambers? Who needs Jason Peters?

The Spaz
07-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah it's almost the same without the ability...

Philagape
07-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah it's almost the same without the ability...

Ability shmability. All the same. Don't go evaluating players on their merits!

patmoran2006
07-24-2008, 08:59 PM
if Kirk Chambers is our starting LT we better get on the horn with every QB in the country who is out of a job and tell them to stay in shape.. He'll get 8-9 QB's killed, minimum.

mikemac2001
07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
ill play some QB for the bills..... I am the champ at the shovel pass

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
if Kirk Chambers is our starting LT we better get on the horn with every QB in the country who is out of a job and tell them to stay in shape.. He'll get 8-9 QB's killed, minimum.

no kidding.

So much for opening up the offense and letting Trent go. He'll be a check down machine again because he won't have any other choice.

Mitchy moo
07-24-2008, 09:06 PM
no kidding.

So much for opening up the offense and letting Trent go. He'll be a check down machine again because he won't have any other choice.

That's where our 6 TE's come in handy.

yordad
07-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I mean, Kirk Chambers got the start at the end of last season so he has some experience. He'll be taking all the first team reps in practice this off season and he has the whole extra off-season to practice.

If the logic works for Edwards, Lynch and the rest of the OL, why not Kirk Chambers? Who needs Jason Peters?Op, I follow the sarcasm. But, would Chamber not be better? Would he not benifit from experience? Granted better then horrible still sucks, but when a player is average and gets better, he becomes better then average.

You act as if you don't believe the kid could benefit from more snaps, and more experience. As if it would make him worst or something.

No number of snaps is going to make him Jason Peters, but he can get better with every one.

Could lifting weights longer make someone stronger? Can target practice make someone a better shot? Can cooking something over and over help you make your recipe better? Can practicing your footwork make it second nature? Could blocking bigger stronger guys more and more ofter make you stronger and better at blocking? Could your stamina increase with the higher number of snaps? Could it help in learning and getting the assignments down? Understanding what the guy next to you is doing, what his strengths and weaknesses are, and what he is capable of? Could you learn more about what your capable of with more tries? Could you gain confidence?

"Gelling" might be overrated, but IMO, experience is very important. And, we all have experiences to prove experience is important.

I'll give you one.... I use to wrestle. When I was a kid and just starting out, I was at a tournament and me and this very weak looking kid were looking over the brackets. I noticed this scrawny dude standing next to me was looking at the same line I was. At the same time I asked him his name and he asked mine. Turns out, he was my next opponent. Now, if you looked at me, then him, you might of thought I weighted a lot more, and that I was going to spin him around with a finger then pin him while standing on his chest.

Turns out that although we were both young, he had been wrestling for years. And honestly, embarrassingly enough, he whooped the crap out of me. Years later I was doing that to others.

Mitchy moo
07-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Op, I follow the sarcasm. But, would Chamber not be better? Would he not benifit from experience? Granted better then horrible still sucks, but when a player is average and gets better, he becomes better then average.

You act as if you don't believe the kid could benefit from more snaps, and more experience. As if it would make him worst or something.

No number of snaps is going to make him Jason Peters, but he can get better with every one.

Could lifting weights longer make someone stronger? Can target practice make someone a better shot? Can cooking something over and over help you make your recipe better? Can practicing your footwork make it second nature? Could blocking bigger stronger guys more and more ofter make you stronger and better at blocking? Could your stamina increase with the higher number of snaps? Could it help in learning and getting the assignments down? Understanding what the guy next to you is doing, what his strengths and weaknesses are, and what he is capable of? Could you learn more about what your capable of with more tries? Could you gain confidence?

"Gelling" might be overrated, but IMO, experience is very important. And, we all have experiences to prove experience is important.

I'll give you one.... I use to wrestle. When I was a kid and just starting out, I was at a tournament and me and this very weak looking kid were looking over the brackets. I noticed this scrawny dude standing next to me was looking at the same line I was. At the same time I asked him his name and he asked mine. Turns out, he was my next opponent. Now, if you looked at me, then him, you might of thought I weighted a lot more, and that I was going to spin him around with a finger then pin him while standing on his chest.

Turns out that although we were both young, he had been wrestling for years. And honestly, embarrassingly enough, he whooped the crap out of me. Years later I was doing that to others.

Field the best team, it raises our chances to win.

yordad
07-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Field the best team, it raises our chances to win.Skoobs, did you just post this in the wrong thread? Because if not, I think you misunderstood the conversation.

No one is claiming it would be better to field our backups.

TigerJ
07-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Op, I follow the sarcasm. But, would Chamber not be better? Would he not benifit from experience? Granted better then horrible still sucks, but when a player is average and gets better, he becomes better then average.

I will grant that Chambers could be better than he was last season, but he was pretty bad when I saw him. I sincerely hope the Bills and Peters can get together soon. I get that Peters had 3 years on his contract and should play it out, but the Bills set the precedent, renegotiating deals with Schobel and Kelsay with time left on the old deals.

Dr. Lecter
07-24-2008, 10:03 PM

If the logic works for Edwards, Lynch and the rest of the OL, why not Kirk Chambers? Who needs Jason Peters?

Chambers = Lynch.

Interesting.

eyedog
07-24-2008, 10:08 PM
They overpay the two overrated d-ends and under pay the best player on the team. Makes sense to me.

Maybe they should have prepared a little better for this moment. Everybody on this board fiqured out Peters was gonna come looking for a new contract to match his skills. Instead of drafting an undersized olb and fifteen cb's they should have gotten a legit o-lineman in the 4th or 5th rd.

Brandon is playing hardball now but lets not get stupid. You can't go into the season with Chambers starting. Pay him and get him in camp.

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 10:08 PM

in your example, it was YEARS later and you were practicing during those years. We're talking a few MONTHS of off season here.

And anyway, it was more sarcastic, aimed at all the people who think Trent and the rest of the O is going to be good because of "experience." If they're true to their logic, Kirk Chambers in place of Jason Peters shouldn't scare them.

Of course, realistically Chambers is a HUGE downgrade. Could he become a great LT? Maybe- if Peters can become a pro bowl LT after being an undrafted TE, anything is possible. But right now, Peters is far superior.

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Chambers = Lynch.

Interesting.

why not? If it works for Lynch and Edwards and the offense as a whole, why wouldn't it work for Chambers?

Dr. Lecter
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
why not? If it works for Lynch and Edwards and the offense as a whole, why wouldn't it work for Chambers?

Is this Chambers 2nd year in the NFL?

Are you saying players don't improve from their rookie seasons? Are you saying that in terms of talent at their respective positions Chambers and Lynch are equals?

I see your point, but you are comparing two unlike obejcts.

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Is this Chambers 2nd year in the NFL?

Are you saying players don't improve from their rookie seasons? Are you saying that in terms of talent at their respective positions Chambers and Lynch are equals?

I see your point, but you are comparing two unlike obejcts.

it's his 5th year in the NFL.

But this "rookie to year 2" improvement is the biggest myth ever. Of all the 2nd year guys on our team last year, the only one who had a better season was McCargo (granted, Simpson was injured). For every guy that does it, there's at least equally that many who don't. Ever hear of a sophomore slump? Josh Reed's been in one for 5 seasons.

And no, Chambers and Lynch are not equal in talent. But does it take talent to improve? If one guy can improve from experience, why can't another guy? Everyone gets better from practice, right?

And no, I'm not saying- nor have I ever said- that players don't improve. What I'm saying is that the #30 offense can't improve enough in 1 season to get this team to the playoffs, just like a journeyman back up tackle can't become a legitimate NFL starter in one off-season.

Bling
07-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Op is easily top 3 for best posters on the Bills Zone. He knows his **** when it comes to football.

Dr. Lecter
07-24-2008, 10:51 PM
it's his 5th year in the NFL.

But this "rookie to year 2" improvement is the biggest myth ever. Of all the 2nd year guys on our team last year, the only one who had a better season was McCargo (granted, Simpson was injured). For every guy that does it, there's at least equally that many who don't. Ever hear of a sophomore slump? Josh Reed's been in one for 5 seasons.

And no, Chambers and Lynch are not equal in talent. But does it take talent to improve? If one guy can improve from experience, why can't another guy? Everyone gets better from practice, right?

And no, I'm not saying- nor have I ever said- that players don't improve. What I'm saying is that the #30 offense can't improve enough in 1 season to get this team to the playoffs, just like a journeyman back up tackle can't become a legitimate NFL starter in one off-season.

****. I typed in a response the site **** the bed.

Here I try again.

First off, I would contend that Butler and DiGiorio improved as well in their 2nd year, so you are wrong there. And yes, not all players improve. Reed had a bad 2nd year (but has been better since then). Of course, he went from a #3 to a #2, so he was not in the same role/position. I would also ask you - what position on offense is benefited the most by experience?

Next, Chambers has a lower ceiling than Edwards or Lynch. So the comparison is kinda week. Might he be better than last year? Sure. I would expect he would be, since it is the same offense and he should have better timing with the other players. But he can't be good enough.

And who is saying offensive improvement is getting the team into the playoffs? Nobody. The fact is, even with the 30th ranked offense, the team was still 7-9 and in contention until late in the season. A marginally better offense would have won two more games (Denver and Dallas) and maybe a 3rd (Cleveland). With a slightly improved offense (and not just due to Lynch and Edwards),a better defense and schedule that is theoretically easier it is not unreasonable to think they have a chance at the playoffs. Likely? No, I would not say that. But it is not as impossible as you think either.

Back to the offense - improvement should also come from the elimination of Fairchild, a year together for the O-line (if Peters and the Bills get their **** together) and Hardy's height which should at least scare teams in the red zone.

So don't think and act like people are trying to pigeonhole the improvement into one little area, because most are not.

Dr. Lecter
07-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Op is easily top 3 for best posters on the Bills Zone. He knows his **** when it comes to football.

Awww.........

OpIv37
07-24-2008, 10:53 PM
****. I typed in a response the site **** the bed.

Here I try again.

First off, I would contend that Butler and DiGiorio improved as well in their 2nd year, so you are wrong there. And yes, not all players improve. Reed had a bad 2nd year (but has been better since then). Of course, he went from a #3 to a #2, so he was not in the same role/position. I would also ask you - what position on offense is benefited the most by experience?

Next, Chambers has a lower ceiling than Edwards or Lynch. So the comparison is kinda week. Might he be better than last year? Sure. I would expect he would be, since it is the same offense and he should have better timing with the other players. But he can't be good enough.

And who is saying offensive improvement is getting the team into the playoffs? Nobody. The fact is, even with the 30th ranked offense, the team was still 7-9 and in contention until late in the season. A marginally better offense would have won two more games (Denver and Dallas) and maybe a 3rd (Cleveland). With a slightly improved offense (and not just due to Lynch and Edwards),a better defense and schedule that is theoretically easier it is not unreasonable to think they have a chance at the playoffs. Likely? No, I would not say that. But it is not as impossible as you think either.

Back to the offense - improvement should also come from the elimination of Fairchild, a year together for the O-line (if Peters and the Bills get their **** together) and Hardy's height which should at least scare teams in the red zone.

So don't think and act like people are trying to pigeonhole the improvement into one little area, because most are not.

But the problem is that even an improved O won't be good enough, which puts extra pressure on the D and at least partially- if not completely- negates the gains on D.

Hardy and a lack of Fairchild are nice additions, but they just simply aren't enough to fix this O.

Bling
07-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Awww.........

Do you have a problem, Dr. Lec?

Dr. Lecter
07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
But the problem is that even an improved O won't be good enough, which puts extra pressure on the D and at least partially- if not completely- negates the gains on D.

Hardy and a lack of Fairchild are nice additions, but they just simply aren't enough to fix this O.

I agree it needs more work.

But the fact that the team was not far off last year means that small improvements might be enough.

And can't see how the lack of significant improvement negates defensive improvement. Since both are better, why is the team not better?

If the offense had gotten worse, I would agree. But it didn't.

Look it this way: I the offense goes from 17 to 20 scored a game and the defense goes from 23 to 19 (rough numbers for example purposes), how does that not help the team?

And it won't be extra pressure - the defense had more pressure last year. So it is actually less pressure than last year, even if minimumly.

Dr. Lecter
07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Do you have a problem, Dr. Lec?

Nope!

You are smart enough to be a FSU fan at least.

And I agree Op is a good poster.

raphael120
07-24-2008, 11:01 PM
People need to realize that some players just plain SUCK and have no business being in the league. There's a reason why most of the players on our team get cut and never end up sticking to another roster. There's a reason why a player was on a practice squad for years and years, there's a reason why a player has 5 years in the league but is a career backup. Some people just are gifted better than others, plain and simple. You can practice all you want but if you don't have the God given talent some players have (like Peters), youre just going to be another "high motor" guy. And we all know about the high motor guys...

ONe thing you have to give the Bills credit for is really finding the diamonds in the rough...Peters, Jackson, Greer, DiGiorgio to an extent...but those kind of players usually can only go so far. Jackson is not an every down back, Greer is probably going to become a good slot CB and nothing more, and DiGi is a good backup, but not good enough to be an impact starter here.

yordad
07-24-2008, 11:05 PM
in your example, it was YEARS later and you were practicing during those years. We're talking a few MONTHS of off season here.

And anyway, it was more sarcastic, aimed at all the people who think Trent and the rest of the O is going to be good because of "experience." If they're true to their logic, Kirk Chambers in place of Jason Peters shouldn't scare them.

Of course, realistically Chambers is a HUGE downgrade. Could he become a great LT? Maybe- if Peters can become a pro bowl LT after being an undrafted TE, anything is possible. But right now, Peters is far superior.Yes, but I got fractionally better every practice.

Op, I really fail to see your logic on this one. Just because experience can make someone better then they were before they gained the experience, doesn't mean one would logically conclude Chambers would be better then Peters- ever.

It is like you are confusing the words "better" and "best". Chambers would be better with a year starting, but not best. And, probably not good, just better.

And, if nothing else changed on offense, no incremental increase at wide out with the addition of Hardy, no addition through subtraction of Fairchild, and they had the same old predictable gameplan, I think they would be "better", not best. Maybe not even average yet, but "better". I mean, they were probably the youngest offensive starting 11 in the entire league. And, of course, the more inexperienced you are, the more you will benefit from gaining it.

But, you are also oversimplifying it, there are many reasons to be optimistic about this offense's chances. And, if half of what Turk says he will implement actually gets implemented, then he could be a bigger factor then the incremental increase in talent, continuity, or experience. Using a player's strengths will help improve his production, to say the least. And, you can't doubt that, only that Turk will find a way to do it.

TIme will tell, lets hope for the best.

yordad
07-24-2008, 11:13 PM
People need to realize that some players just plain SUCK and have no business being in the league. All but three or four teams keep three QBs. That is about 92 QBs. If you are a top 92 QB, barring character issues, then you are one of these 92. Does #92 suck? Relatively speaking, yes and no. Should they be in the league? Yeah, they're top 92. If they weren't there, #93 would be in the league. Who has more business being there? #92 or #93?

The people in the league are in the league for a reason. No one better is available.

raphael120
07-24-2008, 11:25 PM
JP Losman probably gets fractionally better every year, but does that take us to the playoffs?

Does Chambers (God forbid he has to play because of this Peters mess) getting fractionally better going to take us to the playoffs? I highly doubt it. I think without Peters in there, it takes less to get at our QB and you dont have people trying to double team our LT because Chambers would probably fall over his own two feet. Add that up with Fowler and a rising Butler, and our top 10 O-line just fell down to 20th or less.

You're not making it to the playoffs and WINNING with Chambers at LT.

People fail to realize that our goal is to make the playoffs, sure...but we're trying to win a Super Bowl here too, which means when and if we actually make it to the playoffs, we'll have to win games. You saw how sorry our Oline was in the Eagles game and the Eagles D isn't even the best that's out there.

Oaf
07-24-2008, 11:25 PM
If Peters shows up September 8th and plays the 9th, I'll be fine with that over Chambers.

evol4276
07-25-2008, 12:06 AM
yup! we're not bills' fans unless we're freaking the hell out over something 24-7! btw noone's ever held out or wanted more money AND nothing good has ever come of that. Ever. Our season is lost cuz of the "holdout" (lol) we haven't been to the PO so we're justified to ***** about everything all the time. Sorry I respect most the people on here but it's like freakin little kids having their favorite tv shows cancelled. They think it's the total end of the world and end of their lives, exceptevery single day. Wether its the Peter's "holdout," the evans' "holdout," the marshawn issue, the players not being signed on time (which is every year btw.. EVERY YEAR), the *****ing about not signing bryant johnson/darell jackson and how they'd be soooo much better of a solution to us than others including the rookies, how the the patriots "cheated" when they played us, god it could be anything and someone on here wuld find something to cry over. seriously im one of the youngest posters on here yet it's hilarious how many people on here seem to let certain things seem to ruin their lives on a regular basis. im not attacking anyone personally, and YES I REALIZE THIS IS A FORUM, but come on. You guys act like children sometimes.

so guess what! we're probably not going to make the playoffs this year! most of you will be lynching Jauron after this year. remember, us bills fans arent allowed to wait more than 3 total years to allow something like a head coach or a new system set in. No we've been out of the playoffs for 8 yearts. thats SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long seeings how both we've sucked most times terribly under plus the afc has been the best division in nfl since probably the cowboys' last SB. See, the difference between sucking and sucking with Dick, is it seems to be hard to knock into someone's head that he/the entire staff seem to be pushing a theory into their system, instead of doing something for the hell of it. Yea we've sucked under Dick, BUT we've sucked in every stat while being competetive. **** you really have a warped sense of life if you expect us to out of nowhere dominate on every side of the ball and win and trash every game week after week with such a young team who has new management every 2-3 years.

sometimes i wonder just sitting and realizing things arent as miserable as they seem if people would just calm down about things. Look at it this way. Looka t both of my teams here. neither have won anything important in a long time.

Bills - no playoff birth since 1999

Pirates - barely a winning season since i've been alive [(1985) barely a handful]

trust me. it can get worse. i would think older folks would understand this more than myself lol

jamze132
07-25-2008, 02:39 AM
Guys, guys... I'm gonna get us back on track. Kirk Chambers sucks ass and we are doomed if he is the starting LT.

shelby
07-25-2008, 04:25 AM
Op should've just used the sarcasm smilie...debate over.

jmb1099
07-25-2008, 06:14 AM
People need to realize that some players just plain SUCK and have no business being in the league. There's a reason why most of the players on our team get cut and never end up sticking to another roster. There's a reason why a player was on a practice squad for years and years, there's a reason why a player has 5 years in the league but is a career backup. Some people just are gifted better than others, plain and simple. You can practice all you want but if you don't have the God given talent some players have (like Peters), youre just going to be another "high motor" guy. And we all know about the high motor guys...

ONe thing you have to give the Bills credit for is really finding the diamonds in the rough...Peters, Jackson, Greer, DiGiorgio to an extent...but those kind of players usually can only go so far. Jackson is not an every down back, Greer is probably going to become a good slot CB and nothing more, and DiGi is a good backup, but not good enough to be an impact starter here.
That's a lot of probably...

jmb1099
07-25-2008, 06:23 AM
If Peter's isn't playing we're in big trouble, we all know it and so does the front office. So I would be really shocked if he isn't here on starting day unless he is being completely unreasonable and he could very well be. Lets not forget he was injured, to what extent is anyone really sure? Have team doctors even had a chance to evaluate him since he hasn't been seen in forever? I don't know, what I do know is that if he sits with three years on his contract his career is over and he loses a ton of money. His only leverage is that we don't have a suitable answer for his position, but in the long run he loses this battle any way you look at it. So again, barring any remaining nagging injury related issues, he's on the field game at the start of the season.

X-Era
07-25-2008, 06:42 AM

Good point. We should cut Moorman and get Flutie to run the drop kick.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 09:13 AM
The fact is, even with the 30th ranked offense, the team was still 7-9 and in contention until late in the season. .
He still won't get this.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 09:14 AM

and FTP is the top 3 best finfan poster here behind LT and JAydog.

:snicker:

OpIv37
07-25-2008, 09:16 AM
He still won't get this.

because it's irrelevant.

If the D can't be fresh and effective because the O leaves them on the field too long, the results will be the same as last year.

Last year, the D did their own damage to themselves by not being able to get off the field. There were several 7 minute drives by opponents in the first half. This year, that probably won't happen. However, the D will get off the field, the O will put them right back on the field- over and over again.

That's why "bend but don't break" always breaks. Lecter already showed that the D wasn't worse at the end of games, but if the damage is done because they were on the field too much and the O didn't score, well, the damage is done. Too late.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 09:18 AM
because it's irrelevant.

If the D can't be fresh and effective because the O leaves them on the field too long, the results will be the same as last year.
it is relevant. If we had a top 25 O last year we could've snuck our way to a wild card game meaning ,we wouldn't have needed a top 10 O to get to the playoffs.

OpIv37
07-25-2008, 09:21 AM
it is relevant. If we had a top 25 O last year we could've snuck our way to a wild card game meaning ,we wouldn't have needed a top 10 O to get to the playoffs.

and it's vice versa . If the D can get the opponents off the field, the O gets more chances to score.

I disagree. A top 25 O still wouldn't have been enough. And chances don't mean anything. Results do. If the O gets more chances and fails to do anything with them, the results will be the same.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 09:26 AM
I disagree. A top 25 O still wouldn't have been enough. And chances don't mean anything. Results do. If the O gets more chances and fails to do anything with them, the results will be the same.
how many points more would we have needed to beat the broncos and the cowboys? NOt much. 2 FG's .

So a top 25 O might have gotten us some wins in those close games.

OpIv37
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
how many points more would we have needed to beat the broncos and the cowboys? NOt much. 2 FG's .

So a top 25 O might have gotten us some wins in those close games.

and 9-7 still wouldn't have gotten us into the playoffs in the AFC. And there's no guarantee that a top 25 O would have done any better in those games. Top 25 out of 32 still isn't good.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 09:28 AM
back to Peters. We can't play without him. Trent was already paranoid when Peters was the LT and didn't trust Peters. It's most likely he'll have to take prozac if Peters isn't his LT.

JP will have to be ready sooner than later should Peters not play.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 09:29 AM
and 9-7 still wouldn't have gotten us into the playoffs in the AFC. And there's no guarantee that a top 25 O would have done any better in those games. Top 25 out of 32 still isn't good.See I knew you wouldn't get it.

I never said top 25 was good but it could've gotten us more points and it most liely would've kept the D a little bit more rested.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2008, 10:49 AM

I assume this highly sarcastic. If so I 100% agree.

This guy has us. Checkmate.

Let's just pay the guy and be done with it.

Or maybe we should just draft his replacement next year. Than we can spend 3 years developing him and than when he gets good, not pay him, and....

Oh wait, this is what we do in Buffalo...never mind.

OpIv37
07-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I assume this highly sarcastic. If so I 100% agree.

This guy has us. Checkmate.

Let's just pay the guy and be done with it.

Or maybe we should just draft his replacement next year. Than we can spend 3 years developing him and than when he gets good, not pay him, and....

Oh wait, this is what we do in Buffalo...never mind.

well of course- do you know a better way to be in a rebuilding cycle for 10 years? I sure as hell don't.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 12:44 PM
and 9-7 still wouldn't have gotten us into the playoffs in the AFC. And there's no guarantee that a top 25 O would have done any better in those games. Top 25 out of 32 still isn't good.
I never stated there were any guarntees but there's the possibility. Maybe we could've also won the cleveland game.

OpIv37
07-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I never stated there were any guarntees but there's the possibility. Maybe we could've also won the cleveland game.

You seem convinced that a top 25 offense will get the job done because our D will cover. I don't think that's the case at all. I think the opposite will happen- the 25th ranked offense will hang the D out to dry.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 12:51 PM
You seem convinced that a top 25 offense will get the job done because our D will cover. I don't think that's the case at all. I think the opposite will happen- the 25th ranked offense will hang the D out to dry.
nope. NOt convinced, just thought that there may be a possibility. After all you too seem to think that a better O could also affect the play of the D where if you add both may or may not affect an outcome of a game.

OpIv37
07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
nope. NOt convinced, just thought that there may be a possibility. After all you too seem to think that a better O could also affect the play of the D where if you add both may or may not affect an outcome of a game.

If Peters doesn't play it's irrelevant anyway, because the offense will be worse rather than better.

Mr. KnowItAll
07-25-2008, 12:59 PM
If I dont play Lynch won't hit 1000, mark it down!

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 01:01 PM
If Peters doesn't play it's irrelevant anyway, because the offense will be worse rather than better.maybe, maybe not. I have to wait and see. :up: