• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

SO let me get this straight..

I don't know the exact number, but I'm going to venture to say that we're somewhere in the ballpark (help me out, clump?) of say.. umm $30 million or so UNDER the Cash-to-Cap.

Yet we go into camp tommorow with no extensions for our two biggest FA's to be in 2009; Lee Evans and Angelo Crowell. And to boot the guy on the team that is far and away its best and most valuable player, Jason Peters is likely to hold-out, possibly long term because he overperformed the living hell out of his most recent deal and is arguably one of the three best OT's in the NFL.

None of these guys get taken care. yet Kyle Williams gets an extension?
    LOL.. wtf man.. I didn't expect all three to walk into day one of camp with chunky extensions/raises.. But NONE of them??

All Kidding Aside.. Why are none of these guys taken care of.. I've never been a team cap or economic guru, but its my understanding that Buffalo is getting a ton more cash revenue via the Toronto deal? If so, and add up our current cap room; what in the bloody blue hell are we waiting for?!?!

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: SO let me get this straight..

and you wonder why people were so happy that this FO did something they were SUPPOSED to do and got a 2nd rounder signed in time for camp?

It's because they pull crap like this and no one has any confidence in them to get the basics right.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Let's take up a collection ..... pass the hat.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
        Let's take up a collection ..... pass the hat.
        they already passed it- over 54,000 people threw in.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          I don't know the exact number, but I'm going to venture to say that we're somewhere in the ballpark (help me out, clump?) of say.. umm $30 million or so UNDER the Cash-to-Cap.

Yet we go into camp tommorow with no extensions for our two biggest FA's to be in 2009; Lee Evans and Angelo Crowell. And to boot the guy on the team that is far and away its best and most valuable player, Jason Peters is likely to hold-out, possibly long term because he overperformed the living hell out of his most recent deal and is arguably one of the three best OT's in the NFL.

None of these guys get taken care. yet Kyle Williams gets an extension?
          LOL.. wtf man.. I didn't expect all three to walk into day one of camp with chunky extensions/raises.. But NONE of them??

All Kidding Aside.. Why are none of these guys taken care of.. I've never been a team cap or economic guru, but its my understanding that Buffalo is getting a ton more cash revenue via the Toronto deal? If so, and add up our current cap room; what in the bloody blue hell are we waiting for?!?!
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

For one, as been discussed a few times here, all deals are not easy to do right now with the CAB expiring.

Somebody like Williams or Butler are generally easier to do due to the amount involved. Since there is time to get the extensions done, I am not sure this is a big cause for concern.

Besides, didn't just say a few days ago that Evans will sign before the season starts?
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
              • Sep 2003

Gee Pat, you are so freakin' smart. Why aren't you running the Bills? It's not that Evans is holding off on a deal so he can measure the market. It's cheapo Ralph. Same with Peters. All we have to do is pull the armored car up to their houses and problem solved.

We can always count on Pat to find the turd in the clover field.

PTR
              10 Commandments of the D
              1. Never stop Rocking.
              2. Legalize all drugs.
              3. Quit your day job.
              4. All Religion should be taxed.
              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
              6. F**k her gently.
              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                For one, as been discussed a few times here, all deals are not easy to do right now with the CAB expiring.

Somebody like Williams or Butler are generally easier to do due to the amount involved. Since there is time to get the extensions done, I am not sure this is a big cause for concern.

Besides, didn't just say a few days ago that Evans will sign before the season starts?
                there's no time left for Peters. Camp starts tomorrow.

Oh, wait, I forgot. People on this board don't think the players need practice. Guess we still have 6 weeks.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  there's no time left for Peters. Camp starts tomorrow.

Oh, wait, I forgot. People on this board don't think the players need practice. Guess we still have 6 weeks.
                  Yeah, I think players don't need to practice. You got me.

So the Bills need to establish a precedent that if a player threatens to sit out, they will give them whatever the player wants?

Peters should get more money. I have no problem with that. What would be nice, would be to see him come into camp and work with the team while getting a new deal. The Bills gave him a deal that, at the time, was over paying him. Now he is under paid.

But again, we must always blame the FO for everything, right? None of the responsibility ever rests with the player, does it?

It is not a one way street and if you look at the Bears situation you would see and understand why teams can't let the inmates run the asylum.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Yeah, I think players don't need to practice. You got me.

So the Bills need to establish a precedent that if a player threatens to sit out, they will give them whatever the player wants?

Peters should get more money. I have no problem with that. What would be nice, would be to see him come into camp and work with the team while getting a new deal. The Bills gave him a deal that, at the time, was over paying him. Now he is under paid.

But again, we must always blame the FO for everything, right? None of the responsibility ever rests with the player, does it?

It is not a one way street and if you look at the Bears situation you would see and understand why teams can't let the inmates run the asylum.
                    this isn't just A player. It's a Pro Bowl left tackle. It's one of the hardest position to staff and Peters is severely underpaid. Yeah, he signed the contract and he should honor it, in some ideal world. But in the real world, most of us have the right to change jobs if we're underpaid. Peters doesn't. He's stuck with the Bills and the Bills need him. He holds all the cards here.

And it's not like the FO just found out about this. He skipped mini camp two months ago. They've had time to work this out and didn't. I know the article said he's not talking, but if they made him an offer that's anywhere close to what he wants, I bet he'd be talking.

As far as the practice thing, I don't recall what you personally said, but I got trashed in here when I criticized Jauron canceling the last OTA and running another "Club Jauron" camp. I'm really sick of people talking about how this team is going to improve through "experience" then defending the coach when the team isn't practicing. It's hypocritical- if you're not in that group- sorry, it was more a general comment than specifically directed at you.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

As far as the practice thing, I don't recall what you personally said, but I got trashed in here when I criticized Jauron canceling the last OTA and running another "Club Jauron" camp. I'm really sick of people talking about how this team is going to improve through "experience" then defending the coach when the team isn't practicing. It's hypocritical- if you're not in that group- sorry, it was more a general comment than specifically directed at you.
                      I'll comment on the rest later, but you went ballistic over ONE (count it ONE) OTA. That is why you were trashed. There is a bit of a difference between one practice and not practicing at all.

There is a difference between not practicing and cutting out ONE practice. So say they are "not practicing" is stupid and gross hyperbole.

As matter of fact, the point some tried to make, that he had told the players that they might get the day off if the coaches saw improvement in certain areas was proven to be correct. In fact, he used motiviation as a tool.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

this isn't just A player. It's a Pro Bowl left tackle. It's one of the hardest position to staff and Peters is severely underpaid. Yeah, he signed the contract and he should honor it, in some ideal world. But in the real world, most of us have the right to change jobs if we're underpaid. Peters doesn't. He's stuck with the Bills and the Bills need him. He holds all the cards here.

And it's not like the FO just found out about this. He skipped mini camp two months ago. They've had time to work this out and didn't. I know the article said he's not talking, but if they made him an offer that's anywhere close to what he wants, I bet he'd be talking. .
                        I would counter that Peters does not hold all the cards. If he does not report, he will not get credit for playing and leaves 4 million on the table he will never get back. And while he is a Pro Bowl LT, and without a doubt extremely valuable, he still needs to show he can stay healthy during an entire season. And he is underpaid, no doubt. He deserves more. But holding out is BS.

And the FO has known about it. But since niether you or I know what discussions have been held (and if any offers or counter offers have even been made), it is pure speculation with no facts (the same concept you got on mybills about today) that the FO has done nothing.

How can they make a deal if his agent and Peters are not talking?

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

[QUOTE=Dr.Lecter]And while he is a Pro Bowl LT, and without a doubt extremely valuable, he still needs to show he can stay healthy during an entire season./QUOTE]
                          Peters' only injury was in the second-to-last game of last season. He doesn't need to prove he can stay healthy. Actually he doesn't need to prove anything. He's already proven he's one of the best LT's in the game.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

I would counter that Peters does not hold all the cards. If he does not report, he will not get credit for playing and leaves 4 million on the table he will never get back. And while he is a Pro Bowl LT, and without a doubt extremely valuable, he still needs to show he can stay healthy during an entire season. And he is underpaid, no doubt. He deserves more. But holding out is BS.

And the FO has known about it. But since niether you or I know what discussions have been held (and if any offers or counter offers have even been made), it is pure speculation with no facts (the same concept you got on mybills about today) that the FO has done nothing.

How can they make a deal if his agent and Peters are not talking?
                            if the Bills were offering something worth talking about, they'd be talking.

Peters is severely underpaid. Tackles have a short shelf life and typically have all sorts of long term injuries after their playing days are over. It's no big secret that the guy isn't booksmart, so coaching is out of the question. In five years his earning power will be ZERO. I don't really like the way he's approaching it either, but the Bills should still pay him.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

Peters is severely underpaid. Tackles have a short shelf life and typically have all sorts of long term injuries after their playing days are over. It's no big secret that the guy isn't booksmart, so coaching is out of the question. In five years his earning power will be ZERO. I don't really like the way he's approaching it either, but the Bills should still pay him.
                              I fully agree with your last sentence.

One more thing to add, is we really do not know what Peters is asking for. Chances are just as high that Peter's and his agent are asking for some ridiculously high dollar amount that the Bills are low-balling him. I'd like to think that if both sides were reasonable there'd be an agreement by now or he'd atleast be in camp. Problem is since we are not privy to their talks we have no idea who to blame for this.
                              Originally posted by paladin warrior
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X