PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is Eugene Parker doing?

Coach Sal
07-25-2008, 12:23 AM
What are you trying to prove, and what is gained AT ALL by not even talking to the team your client is asking the new deal from?

Not only is it Jason Peters:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"To be very honest with you, it's truly been a roadmap of silence to date," chief operating officer Russ Brandon said Thursday,..... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
It's also Devin Hester:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Besides, Bears general manager Jerry Angelo sounded willing to continue talking but unwilling to set a precedent in letting a veteran holdout get his way in absentia.

"We have a policy," Angelo said Wednesday. "It's disappointing. If players are going to negotiate with us, we want them here."

Somehow, Hester's decision to skip training camp to protest his contract caught Angelo off-guard. It had been several days since he spoke to Parker, who was immersed Wednesday in negotiating the contracts of six other clients.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5735358.story (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-24-haugh-on-bears-chris-willjul24,0,5735358.story)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

evol4276
07-25-2008, 12:35 AM
honestl, with his quotes, i cant understand a thing he's saying. it could have somehting to do with the fact that i'm drunk tho hahaha

seriously tho, with someone who's never lashed out about money before, let's at least get peter's done with asap.

Romes
07-25-2008, 12:39 AM
clearly Parker has a strategy that...sucks ass. :mad:

Dr. Lecter
07-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Thanks Coach.

Maybe it is not just the fault of the Bills FO, unless they are to blame for Hester too.

Michael82
07-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Sounds like the agent is a moron! :ill:

DraftBoy
07-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Maybe the agent is busy you know getting his other picks signed, maybe he is under orders from Peters and Hester to get his other clients done, so he can concentrate 100% on their new deals.

Dr. Lecter
07-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Maybe the agent is busy you know getting his other picks signed, maybe he is under orders from Peters and Hester to get his other clients done, so he can concentrate 100% on their new deals.

If that is the case, then the hold-out looks even worse.

"My player is not coming to camp until he gets a new deal, but I won't discuss a new deal until after camp starts."

Huh?

DraftBoy
07-25-2008, 07:36 AM
If that is the case, then the hold-out looks even worse.

"My player is not coming to camp until he gets a new deal, but I won't discuss a new deal until after camp starts."

Huh?

I never said that nor can you assume that. If teams had been more diligent in signing their draft picks this issue wouldn't happen. Keep in mind Peters and Hester have made some money and can afford to not sign a new deal asap. The rookies for the most part have not made a cent yet, and need badly to sign these deals and to get the income coming in. Im not at all surprised he's getting the rookies deals done first.

Dr. Lecter
07-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I never said that nor can you assume that. If teams had been more diligent in signing their draft picks this issue wouldn't happen. Keep in mind Peters and Hester have made some money and can afford to not sign a new deal asap. The rookies for the most part have not made a cent yet, and need badly to sign these deals and to get the income coming in. Im not at all surprised he's getting the rookies deals done first.

We both know it is not that easy.

And this part of your quote "maybe he is under orders from Peters and Hester to get his other clients done" certainly implies my point.

DraftBoy
07-25-2008, 07:43 AM
We both know it is not that easy.

And this part of your quote "maybe he is under orders from Peters and Hester to get his other clients done" certainly implies my point.

It does not imply that actually, it simply implies that they probably understand that rookies need to be in camp, they need to get cash, and that most importantly Peters and Hester want their agents full attention on their new deals.

Your inferred that, my quote did not imply such.

Ickybaluky
07-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Eugene Parker has been successful with this strategy with other players.

He has played the hard line game and had holdouts with Richard Seymour, Deion Sanders, Hines Ward, Emmitt Smith, Rod Woodson, Derrick Brooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Curtis Martin and Aeneas Williams.

Each one of those were elite players he represented who had contract squabbles with the team where they took a hard line, many of them included holdouts. He isn't afraid to use leverage, and really in each case was able to get the player a contract among the best at the position.

It is hard to argue he doesn't know what he is doing.

patmoran2006
07-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Hester isnt a hold out.. He reported to camp.

Dr. Lecter
07-25-2008, 08:05 AM
It does not imply that actually, it simply implies that they probably understand that rookies need to be in camp, they need to get cash, and that most importantly Peters and Hester want their agents full attention on their new deals.

Your inferred that, my quote did not imply such.

Your quote and idea would naturally (and practically) lead to that concept, unless all of the picks were signed well before camp started which has not happened this year.

madness
07-25-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry but this situation is pissing me off because Peters' agent is an absolute moron and Peters isn't much better for taking some bad advice.

The Bills have had beautiful track record extending guys lately and Chris Brown touched on the subject in his blog.

Peters approach is peculiar

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>July 24, 2008
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 5:27 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3668)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>PETERS APPROACH IS PECULIAR: When you look at the players on the Bills roster that have been rewarded with new contracts despite being early in their existing deals, you quickly see what Buffalo respects; commitment to team. That's what makes Jason Peters approach this offseason (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6245) so peculiar.
Terrence McGee was extended three years ago, just two and a half years into his rookie contract, but the guy was a model professional and was in attendance for offseason work every year.
Just this offseason Brad Butler and Kyle Williams were both extended despite being just two years into their rookie contracts. But both of those players are also heavily committed to the team and the offseason program.
By no means am I suggesting that Jason Peters is not committed to the team and his teammates. However, I believe if he was on hand for all the offseason OTAs and mandatory minicamp and voiced his concerns in person about a new contract, the process would be a lot further along that it is now.
That being said, I think even now if he reports to camp and gets to work the Bills will still talk to him about a new deal. It seems all the Bills want is his commitment to what they're trying to do in 2008, and that starts with being on the field with his teammates.
--- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It's been reported that Jason didn't want this to get ugly and wants it all to work out so he can get back to playing football. Too late, jackass.

This doesn't need to be anymore then a single day holdout. Anything more and Peters mind as well start hanging with McGahee to pickup pointers on how to be a *****.

This is straight bull****. :shakeno:

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 09:07 AM
I hate Hester holding out but I can at least understand his stance a little more. He makes like 450,000 a year and is one of the most dynamic special teams players ever. He should at least get a little bump...but he should also be showing up.

madness
07-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Hester isnt a hold out.. He reported to camp.

Hopefully Peters is going to do the same and just hold out for a day or two. This situation would look a whole let better if he did.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
OH look, Hester showed up without word of a new deal. Amazing how that works.

justasportsfan
07-25-2008, 10:29 AM
thats stupid. If so they should at least report to camp.

RockStar36
07-25-2008, 10:32 AM
lol, I highly doubt Jason Peters called his agent and said "I want a new deal, I'm underpaid, I'm not showing up, but hey man...go ahead and take care of everyone else first. I'll just wait until you're ready."

Michael82
07-25-2008, 10:35 AM
OH look, Hester showed up without word of a new deal. Amazing how that works.
Peters could still do the same thing. Seeing how they share the same agent, I'm hoping that is exactly what happens. Hold out for the 1st 2 days of camp, miss the two-a-days. And then show up for camp on Sunday morning for the private practice. :pray:

DraftBoy
07-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Yes because god knows that if I was trying to become one of the top paid tackles in the NFL, I surely would not want my agent almost solely focused on that task...

trapezeus
07-25-2008, 11:00 AM
i think Draftboy is right. Parker deals with the rookies first and then comes to the guys who are valuable to their team. It makes a ton of sense. You put the team in a tough situation and let them see first hand how valuable those holdouts are.

you don't think that the bills will be more likely to sign a deal for peters after a week of seeing chambers as a starter? Maybe prior to the TC, teams try to think rationally and offer Xdollars. But after seeing who the replacement to a peters is they'll be desperate to offer X+more incentives contract. And that will take care of any fines.

yordad
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Maybe Peters fell down a well.

Maybe Peters isn't completely healed from off season surgury and he thinks reporting to camp could actually hinder his ability to ink a long term deal.

Something just doesn't sound right. Maybe Kirk Chambers Tonya Harding-ed him.

trapezeus
07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
the only thing that makes me think PEters is fully healed is that signing a new contract requires the full physical by the team doctors. if he was having issues, he wouldn't be pushing so hard to get more.

Michael82
07-25-2008, 11:57 AM
the only thing that makes me think PEters is fully healed is that signing a new contract requires the full physical by the team doctors. if he was having issues, he wouldn't be pushing so hard to get more.
But according to the Bills, he's not pushing hard to get a new deal. They havent even heard from him or the agent.

trapezeus
07-25-2008, 03:42 PM
right, but if he's hurt, why hold out and get fines and get found out that you are injured. it's better to report and get your salary while you don't play.

i think he's healthy, knows he'll pass the physical and wants more money.