• Mar 2003

Re: It's official.... Peters not on the practice field

Correct and he is indeed getting fined.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

the fines are complete friggin joke... they'll write those off in the end and he won;t pay a cent.

if the Bills force him to pay the fines and he doesn't get a contract that repays those fines he'll just sit out and force us to trade him.

seriously fining a player has absolutly no effect...

but I'm serioulsy starting to believe Peters doesn't want to play for the Bills, or there is something else happening behind the scenes here. None of this makes much sense to me.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

What an ass. I can see his point, but come on man you've got three years left on your contract with one year of good play. This team made you what you are and you shwo no loyalty. How does he not realize that getting Lee Evans signed up is top priority right now?
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

but I'm serioulsy starting to believe Peters doesn't want to play for the Bills, or there is something else happening behind the scenes here. None of this makes much sense to me.
          I was wondering the same thing. Assuming Russ Brandon is telling the truth, why would Peters not even be talking to the team? And I doubt it's his agent, because the same guy represents Hardy and they got a deal done with him yesterday and got him to camp in time.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
            I don't think that is true at all. It is just about money. As a franchise LT he can get big dollars ($10M per year). He is using his leverage to get that money. He doesn't care whether it is fair to the team or not, he sees a big payday. It is just business.

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Wow the ledge is pretty crowded today...
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                I don't think that is true at all. It is just about money. As a franchise LT he can get big dollars ($10M per year). He is using his leverage to get that money. He doesn't care whether it is fair to the team or not, he sees a big payday. It is just business.
                I see the business angle, but the Bills' FO said yesterday that he's not even talking to the team. Now, maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to me that if you want an employer to pay you millions more than the millions you already make, step 1 is TALKING to them about it.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dujek
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2008

I'm now slightly concerned, but only slightly.

If it carries on beyond the 8th August or so I'll start worrying.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I see the business angle, but the Bills' FO said yesterday that he's not even talking to the team. Now, maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to me that if you want an employer to pay you millions more than the millions you already make, step 1 is TALKING to them about it.
                    That is probably just negotiating in the press, or part of the strategy. Parker isn't in any hurry, because he wants them to sweat. Besides, the Bills might not be telling the complete truth. They are negotiating as well, and teams aren't afraid to use the press in negotiations.

Parker has a history of holdouts. He likes to create holdouts because he thinks the pressure makes it easier for him to get a new deal. He does it even when he doesn't have an elite player sometimes, like he did with Cedric Benson as a rookie.

It really comes down to money.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

great, now we have at least two players represented by Drew Rosenhaus, Jr.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Dujek
                        I'm now slightly concerned, but only slightly.

If it carries on beyond the 8th August or so I'll start worrying.
                        I don't think it is a big deal. Peters has been there a few years so he can come into camp late and it really won't matter. If it stretches into the season it obviously is a problem, but that is a long way away.

I'd be willing to bet Peters gets his new contract at some point, or at least a little more money this year with a promise to address his contract the following year.

When Richard Seymour (another Parker client) had 2 years left on his rookie deal, he stayed away from all team functions in the offseason (including mandatory minicamp) and threatened to holdout. The Pats gave him a couple million dollars more that year to report, with the promise they would address the issue after the season. The following season, Seymour again didn't report to offseason functions, but prior to camp he agreed with the team on an extension that made him the highest paid DL in the game at the time.

I'd bet you see something similar with Peters. The Bills will throw him some money to get him to report, then sign him to an extension next year.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          great, now we have at least two players represented by Drew Rosenhaus, Jr.
                          Say what you want about Rosenhaus, but his players rarely hold out. They make a big stink and act like asses, but in the end they usually report. He doesn't like holdouts.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

The fines are peanuts compared to what he's going to get paid eventually. Not a factor at all.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i would do the same thing if i was peters.. but that being said.. it pisses me off that with 3 years left, he thinks he can do this.. he just signed the other deal.. i am also worried that he holds out all through training camp and then comes in and gets hurt.. that happens all the time.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X